Here is a 500cc V-twin(yz250 powered)

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

gmanhevner

Here is a 500cc V-twin(yz250 powered)

#1 Post by gmanhevner » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:23 am

Take a look at this rockin machine, It would be an effective large bore 4 stroke eater, I bet the torque numbers are up high, like around 60+, here you go.... :twisted: venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/issues/jan00/roehrich.htm :twisted:

Shaftoflame

#2 Post by Shaftoflame » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:02 am

Hi There

Compression based ignition - that would be a diesel then?

Looks interesting. - however and in trlation to the people looking at injecting their strokers. I understand that Orbital - the Aus company - have been very succesful in direct high pressure injection into the cylinder. Thus the engine only uses the bottom end as an air pump - and allows conventional oiling of some bearings and much less oil mist for others. Being as the fuel is injected only after the exhaust port has closed, the right amount of fuel is fired in fro the speed etc etc - result far less hydrocarbon emissions. It would seem that Honda could do with talking to Orbital and geting the two things working together. Big difference is - I guess - Honda has billions to spend on R&D, Orbital much less.

R
Dreaming is not a failing, it is what makes us climb bigger mountains, make better bikes and love. However it can take up an inordinate amount of time...

Shaftoflame

#3 Post by Shaftoflame » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:05 am

Hi All
Sorry I posted this reply to the Honda engine - not sure what it is doing here!

R
Dreaming is not a failing, it is what makes us climb bigger mountains, make better bikes and love. However it can take up an inordinate amount of time...