Greetings From Germany

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

M.L.

Greetings From Germany

#1 Post by M.L. » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi,I am Markus from Dortmund in Germany.
After riding old US iron, I was infected by the 2 stroke virus. After a single (KTM380) and a twin (Suzuki T500) followed the next step to a 4 cylinder.
Now I am trying to revive a 52x, which stood a long time still.I have a big electrical problem, because some made "changes" at the wiring!
Looking a long time for a wiring diagram for a 52x in the www I only found a diagram for 47x and 1ge. Can someone help me?
The wiring on my bike doesn`t only have different connectors on the handlebar switch, also different colours in the loom.
Thank you!
Regards Markus

phildu31

Re: Greetings From Germany

#2 Post by phildu31 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Welcme here !
What electrical problem do you have ?
On 52X, lights are always on and you have a side-stand control unit.

M.L.

#3 Post by M.L. » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:43 am

Thank you very much!
The problem is, when I turn on ignition the voltage is only 7V. To localize the failure I pull out the fuses one after another. After pulling out the fuse for the light the voltage climbed up to 10,5V. When I removed the YPVS fuse also there are 12V, but the control lights for oil and neutral disappear. I know about the different connectors, light and stand switch, but as I mentioned, there are different wiring colours compared with the 47X harness. For example the round connector of the AC magneto. In goes the same wires (as 47X), but out 4 white and no blue one. Also is only one blue/white from the main switch to a connector (47X), on my bike there are more than one blue/white. But it seems to be original. Obviously changes are an additional ground, 4 black wires sold together an a 2 wire connector, which is short-circuited. With a 52X wiring diagram I could reverse the changes a check the function, before replacing it.
Regards
Markus

phildu31

#4 Post by phildu31 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:32 pm

I'd say at first that your battery is out of order, did you measure the voltage with a battery charger plugged in ?
In 52X there is no blue wire for neutral as in 47X, neutral switch is connected to the side-stand control unit.
More than one B/W is also ok in 52X...contrary to 47X.
You can find some information here on electrical wiring :
http://www.rzv500r.net/Tech_docs/52X(N) ... p7_01.html

But, when removing the YPVS fuse, oil and neutral lights should not disappear, something is wrong here ( at least ! )...

M.L.

#5 Post by M.L. » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:06 am

I of cause used a new batterie with charger....
This is exactly what I need, but unable to find!!!
Now I can change it into the original state.
Thank you very much and sorry for bothering.
Regards
Markus