RZ500 53G restoration - parts plating colors

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

ditomagico

RZ500 53G restoration - parts plating colors

#1 Post by ditomagico » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:56 pm

Hi All I'm doing a nuts and bolts restauration of two RZ500 Australian delivered one MK1 and 1 MK2 (1GE).
I 'm in the process of dividing the nuts, bolts, brackets and springs by plating colors.

when in doubt ( due to plating fainting or corrosion)I'm using CMSNL website to check the original color of the part. Now I still have some doubt about the below parts

- Bolts to hold the foot pegs alloy bracket. the bolts for the MK1 are black and that match what is on CMSNL . The one on the MK2 are silver tho. anyone can help n this?
- Springs for the stand and for the rear break lever - CMSNL show them black. is that correct ?
- Swing arm bolt ( the one that goes trough the frame to hold the swing harm. I have 3 of them and all the same color that match the CMSNL photos . The thing is that the color if a "strange" semi dark gray/brown. Is that as result of oxidation or is a special finishing? it feels like it's coated with anti friction material . the frame/leverage links cylinders and the rear shocks absorber caps (the spacers that go on the rear shock Ball bearing side) are the same color . any idea?

Thanks
Ditomagico
Attachments
spring-4g0_big9050729033-01_745e.jpg
spring-4g0_big9050729033-01_745e.jpg (79.17 KiB) Viewed 889 times
shaftpivot.jpg
shaftpivot.jpg (61.15 KiB) Viewed 889 times
foot braket bolt.jpg
foot braket bolt.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 889 times