RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:32 pm

Good to get the 500 back out. Brought it to South Carolina for track days. Track day was put on by Aprillia. Almost did not make it due to my truck taking a dump in the driveway with trailer ready to go. Ended up renting a truck from Lowes and after getting an adapter for the 2 1/2 inch reciever off we went. Was a two hour drive so managed only three sessions. First session the bike was running on three cylinders due to float valve stuck closed. As alway bang on the big bracket with my tee handle and all was ggod. Second session still no idea where to go. Third session tires were hot and pressures set. Went out on grid with all the other group this time. They waved us out and I went. Let one guy out in front of me.After three corners I had the entire track to myself till last few laps. Two instructors came by me because I have always been told to pass outside in slower groups. What a track. Two of the instructor gave me thumbs up and told me I rode well and that they loved seeing an old bike like this on track being used. Will definetley come back since it is so close. Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-MmWa7Bgt8

kpke

Re: RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

#2 Post by kpke » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 am

Good stuff Paul. Great to see the 500 back on the track. It sounds great.
Ken's Garage YouTube Channel :smt023
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1

1985 RZ500 (R6 suspension & body work)

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RZV 500 Road Atlanta with Aprillia Track Days

#3 Post by Smoker » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 am

Yeah!!! Always enjoy your posts.

The camera/video are awesome. Very professional. Love the comments.

Thanks much for the fun. :mrgreen: