Exhaust spooge help

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

Galant2NZ

Exhaust spooge help

#1 Post by Galant2NZ » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:58 am

Hi Guys
Having an issue with a rebuilt RZ250, right hand pipe is puking spooge over the back of the bike when out on the open road, looks like the back draft is sucking it back all over the right rear plastics and number plate making a hell of a mess. Leak down test went well and it's done 700km since rebuild and hasn't used any gearbox oil so pretty sure crank seal is fine, other than a bit of a stumble at 5.5k revs she's going well so what could be causing the spooge, only thought I have is rich on that side and not burning the oil. So any ideas?
Cheers

T.RexRacing

Re: Exhaust spooge help

#2 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm

If the cranks seal is good and jetting checks out check the fuel (not float although they're related) level. Too high will give a rich partial throttle mixture.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

(F5)

#3 Post by (F5) » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:48 am

Also check the needle jet. Take it out and view it in seriously good light ideally with magnification. If it is oval you will get bad goop. You can swap it to the other side & see if the problem swaps. Float and float valve too later.
496 Cheetah. TSS PVs, PWK35s, Ignitech, RGV(ish) chassis

Zombie

#4 Post by Zombie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Re-pack your silencers too.

Galant2NZ

#5 Post by Galant2NZ » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:38 am

Cheers for the feedback guys, I've dropped the needles in carbs and backed off the pilot one turn and bike is actually running smoother with the 5k stutter almost gone so will give the RH chamber etc a good wash out and see how things go. Probably a good idea to do some plug chops to know what's going on jetting wise.