oil pump regulation rd 350 ypvs 2UA

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

ricardors

oil pump regulation rd 350 ypvs 2UA

#1 Post by ricardors » Mon May 29, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello everyone, I have not written for more than a year, and now I need your help. I have repaired the oil pump, changing both seals and I want to leave it perfect in regulation .. I consulted the haynes and revue moto technique and they say that in maximum position, the amount that must deliver oscillates between 2.54 and 2.85cc of oil, but Does not specify if it is for each line (by carburetor) or adding the two conduits ... I have not found anything on the network, and wanted to ask for help in case anyone knows.

I measured my pump and in position maximum delivery approx 1.40 cc for every 100 stroke, so in 200 stroke delivers 2.80 cc for each line ... but I am in doubt if what the manual indicates is the sum of both cuffs or Is for each carburetor ..

Do you know anything about it?
Many thanks in advance.

Arrow

Re: oil pump regulation rd 350 ypvs 2UA

#2 Post by Arrow » Tue May 30, 2017 5:40 am

Hi, the amount you got is correct for EACH outlet. You say approx 1.4 cc for 100 strokes. The measurement needs to be for 200 strokes, due to the small delivery output you get errors halving that and then simply doubling the result, however, 5.6 cc for both lines, if correct, tells me that the pump is also shimmed to correct spec. and that the cams are good. The shims also affect oiling at the full throttle position.

ricardors

#3 Post by ricardors » Tue May 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Thank you very much for the reply. I will do what you indicate and measure with 200 stroke to make sure.

By the way, how many kilometers are you doing with a liter of oil?
Thanks and best regards

Arrow

#4 Post by Arrow » Tue May 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Hi, I don't ride anymore, but I used to get two full tanks of petrol before the oil light came on, on the 4L0. This is with the oil tank starting from full. It will vary quite a bit though, according to riding style! The pump changes the ratio at different throttle openings. The range is from approx 90:1 to 20:1.