Rz350 down shifting issues

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

GRA400C

Rz350 down shifting issues

#1 Post by GRA400C » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:38 pm

Working on a RZ 350 for a friend all I've done is install the oil pump and rebuild it I installed a new O-ring on the coolant pipe going into the side cover issue is I take off from my house go down to a stop sign get up to third gear shift back down to first just fine I take off I run through the gears decently aggressively get it all the way to sixth gear go for a few more miles than come to a stop sign and it won't down shift. Doesn't even go to a false neutral. I turn around and try skipping the clutch to get going and keep trying to down shift. Finally get it to go down into 2nd and head back. Again got it into sixth and come up to a stop sign. Shifted down ok. Take off and get it into 4th and try and down shift to go into my driveway. Nothing. Bike not moving but running sitting in my driveway it won't go down. I kill it and finally get it into neutral. Roll bike up put on center stand and then move the back wheel with my right hand and up shift with the left. No issues. Then I shift it all the way back down into 1st no issues. Here it click through all the gears just fine.

Any ideas???
Fresh oil and measured with ratio cup when I filled. Added 1500cc like always and used 10-40 motorcycle oil