Need explanation on clutch operations/ hook up at actuator

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

Evans Ward
-----
-----

Need explanation on clutch operations/ hook up at actuator

#1 Post by Evans Ward » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Can't remember how the clutch cable routes and attaches with actuator and bracketry at top of engine cases? Please see pics and do I have the brackets mounted correctly? Would be great if someone could explain all of this so I can move along with reassembly. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_6213.JPG
IMG_6213.JPG (118.66 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6212.JPG (125.69 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

75RD350rider

Re: Need explanation on clutch operations/ hook up at actuat

#2 Post by 75RD350rider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:15 pm

I am at work now Brother Evans. I can take some pictures and call tomorrow
I love the smell of Blue Marble in the morning!
Tim Steele in Front Royal, VA

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#3 Post by Evans Ward » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:32 pm

75RD350rider wrote:I am at work now Brother Evans. I can take some pictures and call tomorrow

Sounds good Tim. Got your texts on this issue and should be able to figure it out. I think spinning both brackets around might do the trick! :smt002
84 RZ350-Toomeys,SCR milled head, stk 26 carbs,300 M, 35 P, stock regrooved needles AS 2.5 turns out,stk air box,Banshee reeds Zeel non-progr CDI,TSRL Program YPVS,alum rad,R6 shock,GV emulators w/RT springs,fork brace,Shindy steering damper.

75RD350rider

#4 Post by 75RD350rider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Cool!
I love the smell of Blue Marble in the morning!
Tim Steele in Front Royal, VA

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#5 Post by Evans Ward » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:11 pm

Success! I could use a pic of where the clutch cable sits/ lies by side of right cylinder as well as the oil injection feed line routing from oil tank to oil pump. I don't know about ya'll, but I always manage to misplace/ lose parts every time I take one apart! Lost my long oil supply line and had to order a repop from HVC Cycles. Misplaced the collar behind CS sprocket too and had to order another- of course I found it a couple of days later after I had installed the new one!

Getting much closer!

motoholic71

#6 Post by motoholic71 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:10 am

Good Lord I wouldn't vent much further with such skill
Ask me about the new free App i-wipe 2.0, the app that replaces toilet paper

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#7 Post by Evans Ward » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 am

motoholic71 wrote:Good Lord I wouldn't vent much further with such skill
Such a helpful post- if I ever get to your level of competency, I will remember your reply to me and make sure not to be condescending and negative to those not as SKILLED. I spent time looking for the bowing to god icon but didn't see it from the selection here. This will be my last post here- I'm done.

Smoker

#8 Post by Smoker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Evans Ward wrote:
Such a helpful post- if I ever get to your level of competency, I will remember your reply to me and make sure not to be condescending and negative to those not as SKILLED. I spent time looking for the bowing to god icon but didn't see it from the selection here. This will be my last post here- I'm done.
Hang in there, bro.

Plenty of cool people here that have helped you and will continue to help.

I'm one of the LEAST knowledgable members on the site. The only way I get my shit done is with the help of other members.

Couldn't even count the dick remarks about me wasting money, not finishing my projects, and doing stupid stuff, in general.

There are definitely a few members who used to give me lots of shit, but are now helpful.

I don't think there's ever been a member who has posted more mistakes and frustration than I have.

I want to read about ALL your problems - and how you overcome them. :smt038

JonW

#9 Post by JonW » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:42 pm

Most of my website is about me making mistakes if you read it, thats how I learned so much about these bikes. People tell me all the time that the thing they like best to read is when i make a mistake, people loved me forgetting the bungs in the Athena cylinders it seems... I get so many comments about that lol. Ok, yes I was a bit perplexed at first but they said it makes me seem more human and more 'like them'.

Over the years I learned a lot of tricks that can help you with this problem Evan. One is to always put the bolt back in the hole it came out of when you dismantle, and another is to box / bag parts and label things as you go if its going to be apart a while and photos help and finally anything that fits inside another thing can be retained the correct orientation by use of a cable tie. These simple measures are especially useful when you dont do something often or you have others (kids especially) who can get into the space you work on your bike in.

I took motoholic's post as humour to be honest, we're 'bikers' and while we may not be Hells Angels a thick skin can often be assumed.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

motoholic71

#10 Post by motoholic71 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 pm

Evans Ward wrote:
I'M SORRY, ok? I wrote this with intention of making a joke for every one (at your expense,granted, whom I took to be a rooky considering the parts in question) although I see now I didn't convey the feeling that I meant. It was far from being a personal attack. Just having a laugh with the boys. English is not my native.

Now you stop posting after 10 odd years because of my lousy unfortunate half dozen words? c'mon...we all shave, right?
Anyway I'm sorry.

motoholic71

#11 Post by motoholic71 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:07 pm

JonW wrote:
I took motoholic's post as humour to be honest, we're 'bikers' and while we may not be Hells Angels a thick skin can often be assumed.
Right on M-A-T-E!! :smt003 :smt003 :smt023

Smoker

#12 Post by Smoker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 pm

We are a very small group, and many of us are aging fast.

My opinion may not matter to most, but I'm not afraid to post what I think.

I'd like to be able to take humorous pokes at other members, but, in the end we need to support each other. We are a dying breed.

Good on ya' for the apology.

I've got a feeling Evans just needs a cooling off period. He's a good bro.

motoholic71

#13 Post by motoholic71 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:30 am

Smoker wrote:We are a very small group, and many of us are aging fast.

My opinion may not matter to most, but I'm not afraid to post what I think.

I'd like to be able to take humorous pokes at other members, but, in the end we need to support each other. We are a dying breed.

Good on ya' for the apology.

I've got a feeling Evans just needs a cooling off period. He's a good bro.
I just turned 47 y.o. but I got a neck for silly jokes, to be honest I had a picture lined up with those parts assembled correctly but surrounded by lots of scientific drawings and trignometric equations and formulas to take the joke even further, now I'm glad I didn't but the point was not to make less of him but to try to be funny.

evansje1

#14 Post by evansje1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:45 am

Evans was the first guy I met when I pulled into the annual 2stroke meet at Deals Gap in 2007. I pulled in with a twin Yamaha to a Kawa triple sponsored meet. He walked up to my window and introduced his self as Evans and I replied, well I'm John Evans.
I appreciate your apology and am sure Evans will say the same.
I just hope he figures out how to route the oil delivery line:-) and don't forget to bleed the pump Evans!
1973 RD350
2014 Suzuki DT1000
1979 RD400F Daytona Special
1984 RZ350

Evans Ward
-----
-----

#15 Post by Evans Ward » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks for the apology motoholic71 as it is accepted. Sorry I misconstrued your reply/ intent as that can happen with these innerwebs. I also apologize to you with my reply/ tone- as I approach close to end of my 5th decade, I may be getting as the kids say "salty". I would have loved to see your scientific reply with diagrams etc and actually would have seen that as humorous! It was a rookie mistake on my part and all I really needed to do was to look at pictures I took prior to taking it off. Factor in too that I've been stressed about a time crunch with getting my RZ ready for the Deal's Gap Meet with a full engine rebuild. Have yet to fire it up yet but very soon. Anyway, glad to be part of the community here and will post as indicated. Appreciate the support guys....
Last edited by Evans Ward on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.