Banshee barrels performance

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

Edd

Banshee barrels performance

#1 Post by Edd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:10 am

Hi Guys;

First time I am posting on the 350 forum used to do a lot of posting on the RZ 500 Forum. Any how; I just completed a build with banshee barrels on a 29L bottom end. I did some reading on some of the posts but cant seem to find a answer to my conundrum :smt001 . I have done jetting on the motor got it slightly rich for run in, however the barrels are only giving me 8700 rpm with bosson RZ 350 pipes and every one knows bosson pipes like to rev. I have seen posts that mentions banshee barrels only go to 10 000 rpm? I have a zeel ignition fitted so I am able to advance the map however I cant get her to go to 10 000 rpm. I am between two minds but my thinking is the bossons werent designed for the banshee barrels and I will need a proper set of pipes and I am leaning in this direction. Secondly it might be that I am over fueling at high rpm but I have run the bike on 165 mains all the way up to 200 mains with 175 giving best results, currently have 180 mains fitted. I also have the hemi cool head with 19cc domes and avgas pre mix in the tank. Running a banshee coil with a 29L RZ flywheel and stator coil.

The banshee aint howling shes like a diesel :smt010

Edd

Bare

Re: Banshee barrels performance

#2 Post by Bare » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Stock Banshee portings are quite mild. mebe that's your Issue?

Edd

Re: Banshee barrels performance

#3 Post by Edd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:29 am

Hi Bare

Thanks for the reply. I am a bit pissed off at the end results :smt010 . But that is what I have, my stock 3ma is faster than the banshee :smt005 . I will get the porting done and pipes made for the porting hopefully it will get those barrels to rev to at least 10 000 rpm. Do you still get clocks that red line at 8000 rpm? Such a let down if you have all that area on a rev counter and you dont use it. Like my golf i pay green fees but I play in the rough 90% of the time.

Thank You

Edd