HELP me find my old RZ!

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

mrflipflops

HELP me find my old RZ!

#1 Post by mrflipflops » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:15 pm

Hi everyone, I was hoping that someone could help be locate the current owner of my old RZ, as it has some unique pieces that should make it recognizable! The bike is an 84', original Canadian Model, which my dad imported into the States and rode it for several year before selling it. About 8-9 years later (mid 90's) he bought it back from the same person, only it was in boxes after the 2nd owner crashed it. In my early teens, my dad and I spent every evening and weekending getting the bike put back together and upgrading the suspension, brakes, wheels, etc....later this would become my first motorcycle. Around 2008 we gifted the bike to a life-long friend of my dad's (a motorcycle mechanic in Thomasville, NC) who was going through a divorce and we thought that this would cheer him up. Unfortunately about a year later he sold the bike without telling us, and we have no idea where it is currently located and would like to find its current owner.

A few key upgrades that it had:
It was painted Yamaha R6 blue when it was sold and it had an aftermarket fiberglass tail section.
Aftermarket Corbin-like seat cover
FZR600 front suspension (w/machined adaptors for the triple bearings)
FZR600 aluminum swingarm
FZR600 brakes and polished wheels
Frame was painted a metallic Grey
Fox Racing Rear Shock
SpecII pipes
Engine was stock bore with a highly ported cylinder and a decked head
Mikuni Flat slide carbs (w/carbon reeds)
K&N filters
Machined petcock knob
single mirror on the clutch-side bar
completely aftermarket dash with digital tac, and LED lights for low oil
No key switch, it used a toggle switch
Factory rearsets were cut into a single oval opening (no longer 3 circles)

Attached are some picture that I took of the bike less than a year before it was gifted to the family friend. If you recognize the bike, if you've seen it before, or if you know who owns it, please let me know! I am hopeful to be ale to find it as it has a lot of sentimental value to me. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by mrflipflops on Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

kpke
-----
-----

Re: HELP me find my old RZ!

#2 Post by kpke » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:11 am

Somehow that bike looks strangely familiar. I think I may have seen photos somewhere. Good luck. I hope you find it.

JonW

Re: HELP me find my old RZ!

#3 Post by JonW » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:56 pm

I agree Ken, it struck a bell with me too... its the blue, you dont see many repainted this colour
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com