New to RZs

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

wvwrz500n

Re: New to RZs

#181 Post by wvwrz500n » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:41 am

redrudster wrote:Awesome looking Bike, I like the look of the black'd out wheels and forks brings up to modern times. Your friend Bill that guy is awesome. Well I want to ask about the throttle housing set up, Are you still running the original throttle tube and just using the single cable, Or did you have a get a new tube? And if so where did you buy it? That's my issue with my build can't find a OEM tube. I'll be running the single cable as well. Also about the heat cycling, can you talk some info on that?

Really like what you did to your bike.

Thanks You
Redrudster.
Red,

I was able to get the throttle junction tubes from Motion Pro. They won't sell them to just anyone as they don't want the liability. I can supply one for you if you need it, which if you go to any carb over about a 32mm you will. Brian's cable setup is basically using the OEM pull cable from the throttle down to the new junction and then custom cables to each carb. The oil pump is still in use and is actuated by the OEM cable as well.

Heat cycling is the Falkner & Livingston method. Rod Falkner is a premier engine developer and tuner (both 2 and 4 strokes of ever type). The basic premise is that heat is applied to the new pistons and over the coarse of several gradual increases it will harden the pistons and create a near perfect ring seating. Here's a little article about Rod, his methods and some of his work. http://www.dirtrider.com/features/inter ... 10_falkner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can google his break in procedure too. Don't listen to the nay sayers either. Rod's methods are proven and he is highly sought after in the motorsports world. We became personal friends as a result of our Pike's Peak racing connection. He was the lead tuning person hired by Ducati for their team up there. He also holds multiple world land speed records for motorcycles he's tuned.

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
http://www.wilsonperformance.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Member RZ500 Owners Group #573
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com

BrianT
-----
-----

#182 Post by BrianT » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:03 pm

I've been kicking around the idea of selling the bike. I only got it out once this season and it's not being used like it should. I don't need to sell it, but it's a shame to have that bike sitting in the garage gathering dust.

I know I'll never get the $10k+ that I've got into it back out, but what do you think is a realistic price for this bike? We spared no expense and used only top shelf parts. Someone will be getting a hell of a bike.
1984 RZ350L
Many thanks to www.WilsonPerformance.net !!!

BrianT
-----
-----

#183 Post by BrianT » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Here's a link to about 250 pictures of the bike in various stages. The only thing left is to powder coat the frame and the pipes.

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/bdtunks ... rue&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1984 RZ350L

Ebayru

#184 Post by Ebayru » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:40 am

Did you address the coolant in the transmission oil issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1990 RZ350 (Canadian)
1974 Suzuki GT550 with sidecar
1978 Yamaha DT250

BrianT
-----
-----

#185 Post by BrianT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am

I spent over $5000 rebuilding and modifying the engine. Yes, we replaced the water pump gasket or whatever was causing the leak. Thanks!
1984 RZ350L

Ebayru

#186 Post by Ebayru » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:20 am

Is there a reason why you haven't been riding it? It must be a blast to ride with all the engine mods you've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1990 RZ350 (Canadian)
1974 Suzuki GT550 with sidecar
1978 Yamaha DT250

BrianT
-----
-----

#187 Post by BrianT » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Life gets in the way. Like I said before I'm really not trying to sell it, but I just don't ride it that much.
1984 RZ350L