MotoGp 2018

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Re: MotoGp 2018

#16 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Yes MotoGP called me and took my advice...lol :smt005

Easily one of the best, if not the best race in years.
What was great was all bikes were pretty evenly matched, Ducati, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha..it came down to

Who is the best rider, on the best bike, more so( the rider)which he showed numerous times over the race with another incredible display of riding talent. Hate to admit it, but the guy is a step better than anyone, than anyone in the last 20 years. By beating Rossi, handily over the last several years, he's proven it. A truly very good race, and great to see Suzuki there!
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

#17 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:13 pm

Agreed great race. Looked like motocross or flat track there for awhile.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

seahorse
-----
-----

#18 Post by seahorse » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 am

Wank, the last 20 years, horse shit. Let him min another 6 word championships then put him up there with Rossi, Aggi, Dohan.
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100

Questo vecchio rz

#19 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:36 pm

seahorse wrote:Wank, the last 20 years, horse shit. Let him min another 6 word championships then put him up there with Rossi, Aggi, Dohan.
Oh easily, in the past 20 years ONLY Rossi and Marquez have proved sustained dominance..they stand alone.

Marquez already holds 6 world titles to Doohans 5, he's almost locked in #7. And in different classes as well.

Doohan last swung a leg over a GP bike 20 years ago.

Ago, won his last race 42 years ago, 4 decades and then some.

If one is saying greatest of all time, G O.A.T. that's impossible and nit fair to compare eras as Agos bikes were antiquated Model Ts by comparision. But if going by titles he's the all time king! and doubtful anyone will ever conquer that record...no it will never be equaled.
However much I respect Rossi, I don't see him getting to 10 titles.
Marquez looks ready to go for #8 by next year...

If you have to give that designation to soneone, it's tough but I'd give it to Rossi as he has proved to be competitive and won World championships on all the truly world class machinery, the 500cc 2 strokes, 990cc &800 cc 4 strokes and the now liter machines,all while weaving through constant rule and machinery changes. Not that the others were not racing the best they had at the time..but the 90s and up bikes are just so utterly advanced they really cannot be compared to a just.... motorcycle and a man. That I'd where Ago, Hailwoid, Ucchini etc.. stand alone..That's where the difference is.

But Rossi gets my vote for sbive mentioned reasons.

But I do feel Marquez..(pretty well accepted by most) is simply the most talented rider that has come along since Rossi. And he's proved beyond any doubt, he's the faster if the two, repeatedly over years now. How would Marquez fare in other machinery? That's the Honda /Doohan question right...lol
Essily the best most deloped machinery.

But I how would I love for all these guys to race on (spec bikes) for a season..no advanced electronics etc..that would really showcase the talent of the riders. In particular Marqez and Rossi's dirt track skills
But again age..would likley give Marc the advantage.

Time Marches on....... dammit.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Darrell

#20 Post by Darrell » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:49 pm

My vote goes to Rossi. Yeah, Marquez has been whooping him, but Rossi's 39, I think. Head to head in their prime, I'd take Rossi.

I think Marquez will have his hands full next season with Lorenzo on the team. I've never been a fan of Lorenzo, but credit where it's due. The guy is fast, precise, and he proved himself to have an iron will when rode the day after having his clavicle plated.
89 Canadian Spec RD-350
2013 BMW R1200RT
2007 Harley XL1200C Sportster
2008 Ducati 1098R
2015 Gas Gas 300 Trials bike
1972 Turbo-Charged 240Z
Zastava Black Arrow .50 BMG

Questo vecchio rz

#21 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Spoiler.........

Marquez and Lorenzo, really put on a decent show at the stunning Red Bull Ring, may very well be the most beautiful race track on the GP circuit.
It's kind of funny to see Lorenzo winning the Ducati bosses are probably going oh well.... I guess we f***** up. Dovi appears to not have that Xtra edge of a championship level rider. Ducati sure made their desicion with Lorenzo fairly early in the season? wonder if there's more to the story with that situation?
it's interesting to see that the Honda is now a machine that needs to be manhandled and the Ducati is for a smooth Rider totally different machine than anything from the past that they have delivered outside of the extreme power advantage they seem to always have.
As said before it's no surprise that the world's largest automobile maker can afford research and development that even surpasses Honda, their engines of always been impressive displays of power.
Will be interesting next year to see if they can set up the Honda chassis for a smooth Rider such as Lorenzo, as Pedrosa is an exceptionally smooth rider as well but he is a non contender obviously you can tell the Honda needs to be brutally handled which Mark does and today again he showed several instances of keeping a bike on two wheels where it is doubtful anybody else would have been able to do so..
What can you say about Yamaha they screwed up they're just not getting their men the right package, for Rossi and Yamaha the ideal plan would have been for Rossi to start up front hopefully Mark would retire and Rossi in 2nd place could pick up someone valuable points..& be a little closer for a title challenge. But I think the writing's on the wall... hes likely to be world champion outside of some disaster.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#22 Post by Hooligan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 am

The last couple of races have been stunners. Wish I had the funds to go to more. We managed Mugello, which was fantastic. I'm not sure how we are going to be able to go back to being ordinary fans after all the inside access we've had the last few years.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750