Looks like I'm Laguna bound

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

Looks like I'm Laguna bound

#1 Post by This old RZ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:28 am

A opportunity came up to travel to LAGUNA, The wife hates anything racing related, so we made a deal Ill attend the race she can relax!! We arranged with some friends of friends to swap houses for the 3 day weekend! They get to travel to Palm Springs and kick it in our house bake and swim in the pool, there locals and hate the entire race weekend scene, and we get to go to Pacific Grove, we will share a awesome 100+ year old house! Cant ask for anything better , as most rooms up there are costing $300.00 -$400.00 dollars a night if not FAR more for a luxury room .... the race track About 15-20 miles away, so I've got the ol Gary Fisher mountain bike ready! to rock. Sag is set fresh oil ,new tubes and tires...lol YEA I"M READY :smt042 :smt043 ...lol Were just going to ride in, better than driving or riding in on a bike, people watch and scenery..and NO waiting! in the deplorable traffic fiasco there. I'm only going to go the day of the race,have a 3 day pass but want to vacation as well and see the area. Used to get to watch the race for FREE in the 80 early 90s from Fort ORD, when it was a active installation. Those were the days! I said Id never go there in person again..but this deal is too good! All in 3-4 days split the fuel load and meals with friends, looking at a mere fraction of the cost it would have cost. SO I GUESS " IM OFF TO THE RACES" [smilie=punk.gif]
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

NJRZ350

Re: Looks like I'm Laguna bound

#2 Post by NJRZ350 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:59 am

Sounds like a great deal! Enjoy the race :smt004

This old RZ

Re: Looks like I'm Laguna bound

#3 Post by This old RZ » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:17 am

On our way in about 1/2 hour ..this should be interesting 4 adults and my dog in a tricked out MINI COPPER CLUBMAN from So Cal to Laguna! By the time we get there 6 hrs we may have to get a separate place to stay :smt013 ... :smt005 Id take the Scion but the supercharger belt is frayed and the clutch is literally 75,000 miles past its expiration date. :smt009
I just hope the weather is good..thats too funny, its always perfect in Monterey. Went there with a friend for the Rennsport Porsche reunion about 2 years ago...WOW ...it was great, just great.
The base has been closed for well over close to 15 years now, I miss it. many do if you had to be stationed anywhere.. outside of Hawaii , Monterey was about as good as it gets! Im going to go straight to the beach and a swim in the ocean in the morning as early as possible...nothing like reliving your youth. Too bad it takes several million dollars to live there :smt009 The car is tiny but...fast, just like a RZ :smt023 Hope we get there before cabin fever sets in.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE