So Crutchlow is going to Ducati...

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

Re: So Crutchlow is going to Ducati...

#16 Post by aaronmvrider » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:10 pm

i attended a dinner function with casey stoner and his manager who established the deal with ducati

when he was with ducati he was not paid very well at all.... it was the bonus structure for winning the world title that was large dollars

these words came from his mouth....
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#17 Post by This old RZ » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 pm

kenny wrote:The point is if he goes to the uncompetative Ducati team and does nothing special his career in the big league could be short lived and unsuccessful.
I do agree whole heartedly with that :smt023 Options for any one are limited, even Rossi! Financially reasons are totally different, they pay , and they do pay well. They pay as well as Yamaha or Honda when they feel its right, look at Rossi. It doesn't always work out for them :smt021 I think If anyone can get results out of the Ducati in its present state, he can. but still no better than a 5th place standing, after some Yamahas and Hondas DNF. The current Ducati is that ....bad :smt009 But he is sure to have fat wallet. There are two reasons to race, the competive reasons and the financial reasons...anyone whom says there not equal reasons is just being foolish. After you realize your not going to be a winner, without a factory ride on the right machine, Financial incentives become the primary.
As far as Crutchlow is concerned, he's proven to be quite a talent beating or competing with some of the best riders in the world on a 2nd tier satelite bike, even if he supposedly had a full factory engine and last years suspension,90% of the same machine Rossi and Lorenzo race.
Today I came across yet another interview, where he basically said "FAMILY" is major priority, and that my friends is where he is at :smt033 I respect that, as I've known many guys whom do foolish shit "ride motorcycles" or go racing without even considering buying life insurance to protect their families in case the inevitable happens, those guys were moronic A -holes, you always put your family 1st...always[/b
aaronmvrider wrote:i attended a dinner function with casey stoner and his manager who established the deal with ducati

when he was with ducati he was not paid very well at all.... it was the bonus structure for winning the world title that was large dollars

these words came from his mouth....

Here we have figures from two different sources. Yes Internet , but pretty accurate in reality for comparisons and generalities.
Casey Stoner was paid in excess of 6 MILLION DOLLARS at Duacti after he won the championship, barley 1 year into a deal with Ducati, he was a unknown prospect for Ducati, and the bike they put him on that year was a absolute ...rocket! As far as a incentive based contract, that's pretty common. The more you win the more you make. That's completely fair for both parties. especially rookies moving up the ranks of classes.
After he joined Honda he then earned 9.5 million dollars at Honda, He was AUS 2nd highest earning Athlete. They pay pretty good. And Ducati paying that 6 million for a rookie, Id consider quite lucrative Those were just the factory earning reported, add in sponsorship, Casey has a Big FAT one with RED BULL and salary figures it can easily double.I personally think he did far better than that after sponsorship deals.
I guess Its in the eye of the beholder :smt002 IMO ,Theres a reason he retired so young, he's quite well off having earned a great living from both manufacturers.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#18 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:47 am

wrong wrong wrong.....

you are reporting on his deal with ducati to retain him after winning a world championship...... or his actual bonus.... not his initial dealings

the bike was not a rocket it was also Stoners ability.... A rookie.... an unknown prospect.... come on .... a few posts ago you said you were going to be real

i know about incentive based contracts.... and Stoner was on one.. and was paid very little for the seasons week to week racing

the rest of the post is smoke screen to detract from your errors.... dont over think it.... take your own advise
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#19 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:50 am

crutchlow seen buying a ham sandwich ...... after consultation with old rz.... stoner ordered his with cheese and asked for it to be toasted.... really
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#20 Post by This old RZ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:40 am

I could go round and round with you all day all night...till the cows come home :smt005 either your just not informed on almost every level of this topic, or too informed on the behind the scenes private details not privy to everyone else or just jaded for some reason and looking to get a poke in :smt017 ??? So what if Stoner made 5 million or 7 million..I'm basing my opinion off what is printed in the media, its irrelevant and doesn't take from the fact that Ducati did pay him ... many, many millions.

You can go back and watch any race with a Ducati from 2007 and you see the power the machines had over all the other bikes, especially on the straights. I don't need to review it I remember it quite well. You need to do some research if your going to argue silly topics, not just spout of out of patriotic pride over your fellow country man. Mr. Stoner doesn't need any fan base support from you, I think he had plenty during his short career. Of course Stoner was a talent that year, but he also had the fastest bike as well that year....DUH! That's the way it usually works..good rider on the best bike.The bike was a monster and he tamed that bull and rode it by the horns that year to a title.

Are you one of those guys whom doesn't believe anything he reads? If so that's your problem, not mine. If you or anyone else wants to read a little regarding the subject feel free you should find everything I have read regarding Crutchlow within a few minutes of your time.

Every month I read a lot about motorcycles and cars, sure its a complete utter waste of my time, just like reading this thread, or most of this forum... but its fun. :smt001 I read and learn some good things and then a lot far more irrelevant things like what we are discussing , The following I read front to back...each month with the exception of Classic racer Bi monthly...It doesn't make me a know it all, but I do read a lot of facts and retain way too much useless information :smt005 Not taking anyone to school whom doesn't want to be there, but the printed facts are the facts...its that simple

Moto GP.com
Road racing world subscription.
Road racing world.com
Motorcycle mechanics,
Performance Bike,
Practical Sport bikes,
Classic Racer
Classic Bike
Superbike Planet
Cycle news.com
MOTO COURSE, I have almost every year since the 80s. I'm missing 6 years
About 100 books on motorcycles and literally 100s & hundreds of magazines....Also a total blatant waste of my limited recources I should take a lesson from Mr. Crutchlow

I just guess its my hobby :smt017 Don't get me started on our reef tank aquarium hobby..fuck I'll be here forever

And being frugal , doesn't mean eating dry thin sandwiches and cheap brew either..smart ass,I mean that in a good way, ITS ALL GOOD [smilie=drunk.gif]
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

mkane

#21 Post by mkane » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:19 am

There all overpaid. There choice to ride, or not.

nokturnal
-----
-----

#22 Post by nokturnal » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:34 pm

I thought Crashey did a year on a Honda before the Ducati? He wasn't a rookie.
:smt017

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#23 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:24 pm

my point is he was not paid well for the season week to week rides..... you type more words than is needed.... its all a distraction to your inaccurate reports

i dont believe everything i read that is why we are discussing these differences.... your spin is utter rubbish

my reference to frugal as you see it is also incorrect.... he only ordered the ham sandwich due to his frugal wage... where as stoner could afford to have the extras after winning the title

i am informed... as i was with the man himself discussing his win and contract with ducati... stoner spoke at length with his manager on stage

Nokturnal..... i refer to him as Stacey Coner.... crashey could be anyone even crutchlow is crashey... simoncelli was crashey also

old rz wow you read alot we should just listen to you and be done with it as you sir are a fucking know it all
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#24 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:31 pm

nokturnal wrote:I thought Crashey did a year on a Honda before the Ducati? He wasn't a rookie.

2006 LCR honda.... old rz is wrong ... stoner was not a rookie... although he reads so much he still cant admit his errors
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#25 Post by This old RZ » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:43 pm

HA HA HA! THIS IS AARON & ME.. What silly boyz :smt008. I know I'm right,unquestionably the kid made millions...so what ?,and I know what I read about Crutchlow too. If I read it...then I guess your right....I now know it. :smt002 What a thing to crawl up my ass for :smt009 This started off about Cal Crutchlow, I didnt know I was getting drawn into a bitch slap fest with the Number one Casey Stoner fan boy.. your kinda acting like a YAHOO :smt031.

YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR ANYTHING...LITERALLY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO HAVE A DOG IN A FIGHT :smt018 1st YOU STARTED OFF ABOUT CRUTCHLOWS INTERVIEWS, which you were wrong THEN MOVED ON TO CASEY STONERS SALARY, CLAIMING THAT AFTER BEING PAID MILLIONS AND A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, HE DIDNT GET PAID WELL, which you were wrong . THEN YOU CLAIM HIS 2007 BIKE NOT BEING FAST..IMPLYING..IT WAS ALL HIM, which you were wrong ..NOW...NOW YOU PICK OUT THE WORD " ROOKIE"..OH YOU FOUND SOMETHING ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF ?? . Technically...your right on that :smt023 :smt041 A ROOKIE THE YEAR BEFORE, But in passing that is not how I meant it, HE WAS A ROOKIE, IF YOU WILL...TO A FULL FACTORY RIDE AND THE DUCATI TEAM. HIS 1st YEAR ON A SAT BIKE HE WAS CRASH PRONE WONDER, I THINK HE FINISHED WELL WELL BACK IN THE STANDING 8,9 OR 10th??
DUCATI...WENT OUT ON A LIMB SIGNED HIM TO HIS 1ST EVER "FACTORY" PREIMIER CLASS RIDE. IMO, HE WAS A UNKOWN PROSPECT...AND IT PAID OFF FOR THEM big time..! A DAMMED GOOD GAMBLE ON THEIR PART.

"CASEY DID SO !!...NO HE DIDNT!, YES HE DID!, NO HE DIDNT YOU ..BITCH! I KNOW ..I WAS THERE!, HE TOLD ME THE TRUTH ..NOT YOU YOU.....SILLY BITCH!"

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#26 Post by aaronmvrider » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:38 pm

you are missing the point... this is about salary payments for riding bikes....

as stated crutchlow is being paid a small base salary for a season and wont win on the current bike.... stoner was also on a small base salary..... that is the point....
"ducati went out on a limb and signed stoner"... exactly... and was paid next to nothing for his base salary..... that is the exact point of this....

so if stoner didnt win a world title... ducati would not be deemed a high paying company ... which is the case point of this discussion... i still stand by this point....

"Care to debate???? How would Ducati...NOT be a great financial deal for him".....crutchlow will not win a title and will not challange for a podium next year

stoner has shown his ability to harness the ducati.... possibly through his style of riding... yes the bike was fast but loris caparossi (7th in title on same bike and the number 1 team rider) couldnt ride the bike and many others since...

i havent made this a fan contest i was pulling you up on your statement of salary for ducati riders.... :smt042 i also am a fan of troy bayliss :smt043
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#27 Post by This old RZ » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Troy Bayliss ...rocked. :smt023 I wish he started the world stage a little younger. But doesn't need to prove anything, just like
Matt Mladin. Just solid, determined hard charging, talented race bike riders. remember his MOTO GP win on the Duc..it was a run away, if your going to win just once that's the way to do it!. Forrest Gump'ish... "Okay, I won, I'm going home now.

Lets agree to disagree on some of the above. Our cheeks are getting red from bitch slaps

Yes a poor decision for Ducati IMO, but a fat paycheck for Crutchlow good for him at least in the current positions he could have acquired
If he rode the Duc back in 2007, I think he would have had decent results as well, Hes aggressive like Stoner. The Ducati of 2007 and today, are no where even close to being the same machine. Everyone has advanced quite a lot since then, unfortunately Ducati...not so much. It sucks for them...but it sucks even more for us the spectators and fans. All we get to watch is Yamaha vs Honda.

nokturnal
-----
-----

#28 Post by nokturnal » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:52 pm

I think Capirossi came damn close to winning the title one year on the duc. He probably would have, but was then sidelined with a injury which screwed him over for a few rounds... forget which year that was.
:smt017

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#29 Post by aaronmvrider » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:37 pm

ducati race times have remained constant for the past 5 years... and the top speed has decreased and average speed over race distance also has not moved ....

sounds like a team in trouble.... it doesnt take much to be mid pack .... and that is where they are.... for now .... when the new second tier bikes come in with honda or yamaha engines ducati could be further down the field...
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

Hellgate

#30 Post by Hellgate » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:30 am

They make their money on endorsements not salary. Salary is chump change. It's kit, tires, sunglasses, energy drinks, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R