Can Marquez be stopped anyhere?? spoiler alert bitches

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

Can Marquez be stopped anyhere?? spoiler alert bitches

#1 Post by This old RZ » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:33 am

The kid may as well be called Columbus, Hes just might complete the trifecta and DOMINATE every race in this country.

He has so far topped all the timing charts in practice, the leader yet again in his 1st year and on a new track to him..simply amazing ability. There is real possibility...your watching the next world champion. That kid and that particular bike ,is amazing. I hope he keeps it on two wheels..its always so close and so many close calls, but somehow he manages to keep it upright. If he pulls it off,"the championship" hands down hes the Legend icon of MOTOGP, you can forget about previous legends like Stoner, Rossi, and Lorenzo..there day in the sun will have ended,this kid will be everywhere, even if he never races again,,in his 1st year in such a dominating fashion. Wow ..RESPECT

And the top speeds are all from 204 mph to 209mph...that's really quick. Thes big 4 strokes..accelerate there in such a short stretch of tarmac, again simply amazing machinery.
Last edited by This old RZ on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

Re: Can anyone stop Marquez in America?

#2 Post by aaronmvrider » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Stoner is now a test rider for repsol honda ... honda will be hard to beat anywhere.... with a team of riders and the backing it may as well hand honda the trophy now
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

solo 2

#3 Post by solo 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:01 pm

deleted
Last edited by solo 2 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

solo 2

#4 Post by solo 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:03 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:Stoner is now a test rider for repsol honda ... honda will be hard to beat anywhere.... with a team of riders and the backing it may as well hand honda the trophy now
I haven't watched motorcycle racing in years, but if Honda throws its full resources and backing at anything they will more than likely dominate for as long as they wish. If it is still the same as 10 years ago Honda is bigger than all the other marques combined.

I'm on holidays right now in Penticton so I was rummaging through the channels and stumbled on MotoGP qualifying, all I can say about this Marquez kid is WOW!, but there are many racers, car and bike, that come out of nowhere their first year and then never live up to the hype. His riding style may not work so well in the heat of battle in close quarters or when being pushed, assuming anyone can get close enough. I may follow just to see if this kids the real deal.

NJRZ350

#5 Post by NJRZ350 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:05 pm

solo 2 wrote: ...
I'm on holidays right now in Penticton so I was rummaging through the channels and stumbled on MotoGP qualifying, all I can say about this Marquez kid is WOW!, but there are many racers, car and bike, that come out of nowhere their first year and then never live up to the hype. His riding style may not work so well in the heat of battle in close quarters or when being pushed, assuming anyone can get close enough. I may follow just to see if this kids the real deal.
Well so far he's won a championship at the other levels too so he's not a fluke. This kid is the real deal and once he gets better at the starts no one will be able to catch him. At this point the championship is his to lose...

solo 2

#6 Post by solo 2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:43 pm

NJRZ350 wrote:
solo 2 wrote: ...
Well so far he's won a championship at the other levels too so he's not a fluke. This kid is the real deal and once he gets better at the starts no one will be able to catch him. At this point the championship is his to lose...
You don't walk into the top level of any motorsport without proving yourself at the lower levels, it's the "show" for a reason. I'm just saying many "next champions" come and go with a whimper. Micheal Andretti in F1 was a great example, great driver and something as simple as not being able to handle the standing start killed his chance. Greg Moore...sigh...nuff said.

I've watched more auto stuff than bike stuff over the years obviously but I can't see it being much different in MotoGP.

This old RZ

Re: Can Marquez be stopped anyhere?? spoiler alert bitches

#7 Post by This old RZ » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm

And I do mean Bitches "sarcastically" :smt002

Well shit, it looks like he is on a roll 4 in a row :smt043 , not since Rossi or Kenny Roberts has a rookie achieved what he's doing and another 1st in the almost 80 years of GP level roadracing at concurrent victories and podiums for a rookie., just tied or broke Rossi's rookie record as well.
This guy is just ...out there ...waaaaay out there.
Again the bike was almost on the ground several times..he just totally manhandles the thing, and wins the battle with the machine, and the race. He just pushed , Lorenzo as far as he could , then said Adios Muchachos :smt028

I said late last year, that this kid just might be the real thing, and just might pull off the championship, there was some question regarding his machinery, obviously he has the best available machines NO DOUBT! the Hondas rule. But there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever he's the next big thing...period :smt042

If he rides smart and manages to stay upright, and avoids disaster from another rider and maintains podiums, I don't think anyone can overcome his points lead. What's incredible is he is racing against the very best roadracers the world has seen, all at or near the top of their art, on the most advanced machinery...and he's handing them their asses.
I thought it would be Pedrosas year, Marquez the dark horse. Only Pedrosa has a chance now if the status quo stays the same. lets hope they all stay un damaged and no DNFs for anyone!

This is such a good kick off for next year as I believe next year there will be more competition, I hope so. Honda is providing complete bikes, and Yamaha engines, Ducati is still bound my NO engine revisions rule until 2015..so there screwed and stuck with what they have. the ECU rule is a little crazy. factories running their own non spec ECU, have a fuel penalty and engine allotment. and 2nd tier teams running the SPEC ECU will get more fuel and double the engines to run the year. Shows probably what the factories have up their sleeves with squads of computer techs and logistics techs reading, and programming the beasts....crazy :smt047
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

tobster

#8 Post by tobster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 am

"you can forget about previous legends like Stoner, Rossi, and Lorenzo.." Really??? you use the legend too freely. Rossi probably, but the other two are 'just' multiple champions.
Hoever Marquez is looking very special. It would be fun to see him on a Ducati......

tobster

#9 Post by tobster » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:29 am

"you can forget about previous legends like Stoner, Rossi, and Lorenzo.." Really??? you use the legend too freely. Rossi probably, but the other two are 'just' multiple champions.
Hoever Marquez is looking very special. It would be fun to see him on a Ducati......

This old RZ

#10 Post by This old RZ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:44 am

Im pretty confidant NO ONE can win on the Ducati.. Stoner NO WAY! the bike is the problem now, outdated, its day in the sun has set. Have to wait untio 2015-2016, They need to change the engine, mimic Hondas V angle or something? The chassis is no longer the sole issue.

Marc is greatly special, but so are his machines, the Honda is the king by leaps and bounds right now. Not that that is anything new

waltmil

#11 Post by waltmil » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:32 am

Actually, it is the spec tires. When Stoner was winning on the Ducati, Bridgestone was making tires for the Ducati. Now they are making tires for the Hondas and Yamahas. Right now, Honda is better able to use the tires than anyone else. And, with the 'seamless' transmission said to be good for .2 seconds per lap they are pretty much untouchable. That Lorenzo has been as close as he has been kind of makes him superman.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

rz93

#12 Post by rz93 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

Hey, that makes sense! I never gave the tire issue a thought, and I am one who loved the tire wars of old. Sure wish Dunlop and Michelin could give it a go again, but that's all that will ever be is a wish. Thanks for the post on time of broadcast, waltmil. I will check CN website from now on.
1985 RZ 350
1997 YZF 750 RJ

waltmil

#13 Post by waltmil » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Hope you got to see it, it was probably the best race of the season.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Badass

#14 Post by Badass » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Don't know if Marquez can be stopped but that Jorge impresses me every time! He will get the hole shot and run away almost every time lol. Then all the guys have to play catchup most of the race lol.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Hellgate

#15 Post by Hellgate » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:52 pm

What an amazing race today. In my books MM won. Painkillers or not, that was super human.

Oh, I hate Honda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R