SPEED CHANNEL ..IS DEAD!

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

SPEED CHANNEL ..IS DEAD!

#1 Post by This old RZ » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Thank you! No more. Fox sports network is taking over today. it is looking better, they are attempting to try to get Americans to get more interest in Motorcycle racing "good luck :smt011 "
They are doing a 4 hr telecast today, all LIVE and showing all the classes MOTO3, MOTO2 and MOTO GP and doing little educational segments regarding the history, class, specs etc.. Hope it works at least enough to gain a small following of fresh viewers. Hell I am learning a few things! from their new coverage just the fact that MOTO 3 bikes can achieve a tick under 150mph!.. and the fact that Marquez's brother is racing too. Didnt know that, Speed Channel didn't cover any thing other than MOTOGP recently.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

Hooligan

Re: SPEED CHANNEL ..IS DEAD!

#2 Post by Hooligan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:42 am

Now I am worried we CDNs may not get to see the rest of the season. We already are missing out on AMA SBK and WSBKA because they are on networks we can't get here.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

This old RZ

#3 Post by This old RZ » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:52 am

I have no idea how it is up there, but here SPEED CHANNEL went off into the sunset forever, and FOX SPORTS ONE, is on the same exact channel. So hopefully if you had Speed, you now have Fox :smt002 I don't subscribe to MOTOGP.com, but everyone tells me its the best coverage by far??

Ill tell you what though FOX did quite a good job revamping the broadcast, it was far better than a lot of the speed coverage, I'm sure its the same guys, but its being produced a lot better. A lot better commentary and race talk. well see if it was just for the American round or if it continues next week. If you noticed there showing a lot of crashes,,heavy coverage on that. Truthfully...people will not watch unless there is a crash :smt009 At least not watch in the numbers to attract a sustainable audience. That's how it is in America :smt017
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

Tweegster

#4 Post by Tweegster » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Wiziwig [smilie=dance2.gif]
"The angry outboard"