WSBK

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

WSBK

#1 Post by Badass » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:36 pm

No interest in WSBK? wow!
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

J.A.W.

Re: WSBK

#2 Post by J.A.W. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Here's the mother of all Superbikes..
http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=1728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hooligan

#3 Post by Hooligan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I'd be a whole lot more interested in it if we could see the races on TV. However "Speed Channel" dropped the ball and now we can't see any of the races at all. We used to watch AMA SBK as well but same problem these days. Thank god they are still showing MotoGP or I'd have lost it this year.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

Badass

#4 Post by Badass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Hooligan wrote:I'd be a whole lot more interested in it if we could see the races on TV. However "Speed Channel" dropped the ball and now we can't see any of the races at all. We used to watch AMA SBK as well but same problem these days. Thank god they are still showing MotoGP or I'd have lost it this year.
Yes it is very sad, it's all split up now. Car racing has dominated the "Speed" Channel which is actually FoxSports1 now. I think Speed is now only a forum in the internet. So if I remember right you cannot get the BeIn Sports channel up there? It's very good coverage of the races even to much for me. It takes a long time to watch a race but the commentary is quite a bit more extensive. Motogp is a bore anyway just about as good as a cage race anymore. I agree with Val as to they should remove TC and such. I am not paying for three different channels to see the three series that I like. Hooligan, you can watch AMA on amaproracing for free and it is a good site. Go to roadracing then to DVR. Sometimes when I go there the DVR is available through a certain link but if it is not just go to roadracing first. And of coarse if you have a HD tv you could hook your pc up to it and watch for real.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Hooligan

#5 Post by Hooligan » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Badass wrote:Motogp is a bore anyway just about as good as a cage race anymore. I agree with Val as to they should remove TC and such.
I'm gonna disagree with you here. Currenty there are three riders battling for the championship and one of those is a first year rookie. Two of the leading riders are in to see the race stewards this week as a result of tangling last week ... and those two riders are supposed to be team mates. It doesn't get much more interesting than that.
Hooligan, you can watch AMA on amaproracing for free and it is a good site. Go to roadracing then to DVR. Sometimes when I go there the DVR is available through a certain link but if it is not just go to roadracing first. And of coarse if you have a HD tv you could hook your pc up to it and watch for real.
Right now my TV is not attached to my computer .... which is obviously something I am going to have to sort out. Not seeing much racing this year is beginning to annoy.
'85 FZ750

Badass

#6 Post by Badass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm

Well if you don't mind you can watch on pc. Maybe you can get a free or cheap pc, laptop and an HDMI cable and there you go free amaproracing.

As far as the Motogp goes, yes it's very good racing but not what one would ultimately want to see out of a world championship imo. There should really be at least five guys fighting for the whole shibang! Right now it is like O well Jorge is going to get out front right away (how about that guys hole-shots, love it!) and then Marquez will likely/eventually power out front before the end and win, or if it's a good day for me Jorge will win lol. I agree it could be worse lol. but it is still not up to par. Yam against Hon, no Kaw, Suz or Duc even to consider?

While WSBK looks to be a bit boring to me, there is a bit more going on there as a whole. Take away the TC and all that wiring and maybe we get some exciting stuff going on there too!

Also, Remember you can usually get some WSBK on some pirate Youtube channel.

J.A.W.

#7 Post by J.A.W. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Have to agree.. the NASCAR-isation of G.P. racing is not good.. [pace cars next, like F1..]

If it wasn't for M.Marquez it would be barely worth watching..

As for the tedium of Moto 2 with its procession of fat shrieking Hondas..

or the slow, flatulent drone of Moto 3, the less said the better..

WSBK at least has some variety/contrast..

Badass

#8 Post by Badass » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Some good o'l two stroke smoke could cure the whole thing.

I do like the Moto3 but it too needs more excitement.

Hooligan

#9 Post by Hooligan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:20 pm

J.A.W. wrote:Have to agree.. the NASCAR-isation of G.P. racing is not good.. [pace cars next, like F1..]
Remember when AMA flirted with rolling starts in the 600 class a few years ago? :smt021

As for the tedium of Moto 2 with its procession of fat shrieking Hondas..
Don't know what happened to Moto2. It was crazy good to watch a few years ago with huge leading packs and ten thousand passes every lap.
'85 FZ750

J.A.W.

#10 Post by J.A.W. » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:05 pm

40+ grid Moto 2 = Death Race, & Honda cooled the engine tune, was getting too expensive!

Now if they could run Ski-Doo 600 E-TEC 2T mills instead, & allow tuning/gearing changes & etc..

J.A.W.

#11 Post by J.A.W. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 am

& Moto 1 is now a sickening black parody of an economy parade..
Limits on fuel/engine allowance & only 4 cylinder 4Ts of specified max bore dimension permitted..

How long `til Dorna screws up WSBK similarly?

Badass

#12 Post by Badass » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Broc Parkes to race an R1 in WSBK, AWESOME!

kAWASAKI Maybe Wins WSBK Title, AWESOME!

Aprillia not doing well financially despite strong WSBK showing, SUCKS!

Duc Dynasty: Where will poor Nicky Haden go? or stay LOL.
If I were Ben Spies, I would say to Dall'Igna: Hey if you want me to go to WSBK I'm good with that! Might be a pay cut but better for his physical health lol. Would like to see Nicky Haden on a Honda motogp customer ride, but if not I would prefer to see him on a WSBK ride, perhaps on the 1199 even though the bike seems like crap! What a waste of recycled beer cans.

J.A.W.

#13 Post by J.A.W. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Yeah, after ~20 years , looks like a special K will get up again..

& what the hell is goin' on at Ducati?

& so, a factory-backed Yam next year, is it?

Aprilia oughta be selling a 2T Superbike.. I'd buy it..

Nicky can go redeem his nuts from the pawn shop & go back to Superbike, why not..

Quite a few past their use-by-date ex-G.P. riders have done OK in WSBK..

Very few WSBK race winners have done the same in G.P.'s though..

J.A.W.

#14 Post by J.A.W. » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 am

Well, done & dusted.. congrats Sykes & big K.. good effort..

Aprilia, better luck next time..

Badass

#15 Post by Badass » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Poor Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano going to Duc Dynasty? I guess a paycheck is a paycheck.