Is Marquez a douchebag?

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Is Marquez a douchebag?

#1 Post by Badass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm

How do you nuts feel about Marquez taking out Pedrosa? I guess if you can't beat them disable their electronics lol.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

J.A.W.

Re: Is Marquez a douchebag?

#2 Post by J.A.W. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:53 pm

If he is, then he sure is a good one,
Marquez cleaned out Ponderosa like a ginsu wielding Nippon fish monger on a 10 grand Tuna..

Move it or lose it - wash out.. Ponderosa is a bit too much of a precious pup - wannabe champ..

& if Rosy hadn't taken Simmoncelli's block off - there could 've been another cowboy out there too..

Hooligan

#3 Post by Hooligan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Have a look at the footage again. Pedrosa crashed all on his own accord well past the point when Marquez made contact. The contact between the two was pretty minor ... so much so you can't even see Pedrosa's bike move on impact.

Even IF Marquez had taken Pedrosa down, he wouldn't be the first team mate to take out another. Not to mention of course the time when Pedrosa took Hayden down with a stupid hairball maneuver while Hayden was leading the championship. That would just be karma coming back to take a whack out of Pedrosa.

Marquez just got in a bit deep and outbraked himself. It is a common and easy mistake to make. That is just racing.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

Badass

#4 Post by Badass » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Good comeback but I disagree that he crashed all on his own. The impact was clearly seen by me and therefore others and it has been reported that the contact severed the TC on Pedrosa's bike! Marquez could have, and should have abandoned the attempt a little sooner, all he had to do was stand the bike up a fraction sooner and he would have avoided contact. He was not even on the inside yet that I remember, so he could have eased up just a bit and completely avoided contact don't you think. I would like to get another angle of it though just for curiosity's sake. I guess I need that Motogp.com hookup to see like 8 different views LOL that would be very cool.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Hooligan

#5 Post by Hooligan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Having been personally involved in something well over 8 or 9 bike-bike collisions in my time, that wasn't much of a hit at all. However I can see even small contact pulling out a TC wire and then causing Pedrosa to spin the rear up when the throttle was opened.

That kind of contact mid race is pretty common. It is easy to get sucked in to a corner and make a mistake. No bones about it, Marquez screwed up and Pedrosa got bitten by a TC fault as a result but that is racing and a hell of a long way from Marquez being a douchebag. Pedrosa's torpedoing of Hayden was a HUGE douchebag move so I feel not one bit for Pedrosa.
Marquez could have, and should have abandoned the attempt a little sooner, all he had to do was stand the bike up a fraction sooner and he would have avoided contact. He was not even on the inside yet that I remember, so he could have eased up just a bit and completely avoided contact don't you think.
Once you are locked on the brakes at 100% coming into a corner its not easy to let up slightly. Remember that aside from trying to avoid another bike he has to try to stay on the pavement. Those two are not always both easy to accomplish.
'85 FZ750

J.A.W.

#6 Post by J.A.W. » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 pm

Got to agree with Hooligan, 'racing incident' ..

& Ponderosa has never really been a 'team player' - so he's got no valid beef..

'bout time Honda put him out to pasture & brings in the other Marquez brother..

Hooligan

#7 Post by Hooligan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:15 am

The more relevant question is, "Is Pedrosa a little weasel eh ain't never gonna win the title?"
'85 FZ750

J.A.W.

#8 Post by J.A.W. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 am

Doubt it, I reckon he's too brittle, not enough killer-minded determination/endurance..

Funny, the Honda race-boss wanted Marquez to accept blame for being 'too aggressive'..

[but they are now re-routing the sensor cable that got clipped]

..since it could not possibly be really due to a design fault by mighty Honda..

Hooligan

#9 Post by Hooligan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 pm

J.A.W. wrote:Doubt it, I reckon he's too brittle, not enough killer-minded determination/endurance..

Funny, the Honda race-boss wanted Marquez to accept blame for being 'too aggressive'..

[but they are now re-routing the sensor cable that got clipped]

..since it could not possibly be really due to a design fault by mighty Honda..
I REALLY do not get Honda. They have a kid who is about to become the first rookie champion since Kenny Roberts (34 some odd years ago) and they are siding with their lame duck of a perennial bridesmaid lead rider instead? They ought to tell Pedrosa to stay the hell out of Marquez' way instead.

Someone needs to tell Mr Puig to sit down and shut up. His man is going nowhere quickly. MotoGP should be about the racing and not the politics.
'85 FZ750

Badass

#10 Post by Badass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I REALLY do not get Honda. They have a kid who is about to become the first rookie champion since Kenny Roberts (34 some odd years ago) and they are siding with their lame duck of a perennial bridesmaid lead rider instead? They ought to tell Pedrosa to stay the hell out of Marquez' way instead.

Someone needs to tell Mr Puig to sit down and shut up. His man is going nowhere quickly. MotoGP should be about the racing and not the politics.
Are they siding with Pederosa? I didn't catch that! I really liked Jorge's comments though LOL. good stuff. I didn't mind the bump that much and actually love that kind of racing. I also wondered about the ease of TC being broke so easily? what the hell is that about? I can't imagine putting a wire down where it could be taken out by a bump like that? Looks like Pederosa is a bit mad by the looks of his qualifying LOL. This should make for a good race! Lets see who performs best under pressure. Still sad I gotta tune in just to see two or three riders fight for the win. I predict this will work out well for Jorge the hole-shot master!

J.A.W.

#11 Post by J.A.W. » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Well, with it being an economy run & all, maybe Rossi ought to get a weight break - as suggested?

Badass

#12 Post by Badass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Woha, I just remembered Rossi's comment LOL. He sure would like M and M to be taken out of the series, I'll bet he would.

J.A.W.

#13 Post by J.A.W. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 am

Malaysian G.P. - Pedro won fairly boringly from the holeshot..

Marquez was busy getting by Lorenzo to take 2nd, with Rosy 4th..

The only 1/2 way interesting dice was M vs L, & it was obvious that the 'economy setting'
rules are penalising Yamaha more than Honda..

So on to Phillip Is next week, Marqui Marc can take the title there if he wins & Lorenzo finishes 3rd or worse.. hmmm & what will diminutive Dani do?

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#14 Post by aaronmvrider » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

oh no...... dont post results in threads... others may be savouring there special moment to watch
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

J.A.W.

#15 Post by J.A.W. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:42 pm

It was on free TV - live - in your locale .. - if you are that keen.. for a special moment..

& frankly, it wasn't - by any means - a race worthy of a 'Spoiler Alert',
so - really - not one to record & watch later, either.. ..