Final round Rossi vs Hayden all over again

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Re: Final round Rossi vs Hayden all over again

#16 Post by Badass » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:16 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:he was check braking mid corner trying to create a larger race group and could have caused an end to end collision... in my opinion...

he was also 2 seconds off the true race pace

Rossi was guilty of doing this also.. back in the old days...
Okay, I re-watched it and it looks even less drastic than it did on tv and without knowing for sure it was just aggressive riding at a time when aggressive riding was in order, and surgically executed by the way lol.

Jorge was two seconds off true race pace, hmm, how was it that he dominated the race then lol. just ribbin ya brother. Not a wheel wrong anywhere, nothing rattles this kid and next year look out! I think JL will have to up his game and I think Yam will be there to help whatever he needs.

On another note, what an awesome team with three great riders, Tech Three! Kudos to Yam. Poor Crutchy on the duc. lol.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Badass

Re: Final round Rossi vs Hayden all over again

#17 Post by Badass » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:23 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:he was check braking mid corner trying to create a larger race group and could have caused an end to end collision... in my opinion...

he was also 2 seconds off the true race pace

Rossi was guilty of doing this also.. back in the old days...
Should have also said - it could be either scenario, we will probably never know. It could really go either way imo. It seemed he lost a position and then was willing to sacrifice running too deep to get it back. This could be two in the same, the move accomplished two things at once. Still a brilliant move either way considering the outcome :smt041
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.