Rossi FIRES Jeremy Burgess

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

Rossi FIRES Jeremy Burgess

#1 Post by This old RZ » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:04 am

WOW! That's a impressive decision ..must have taken a lot of courage and soul searching. its like telling your grandfather..you don't need him anymore. Interviewed on the topic, he said he was certainly blindsided by the news,But accepts any decision Rossi feels he need s to make, Rossi was quoted as saying that Perhaps he"jeremy" may have lost his passion. Rossi is said to to have hired Marco Melandris crew chief. Burgess is hands down the greatest living and active GP tuner/mechanic. His accomplishments are astounding..total domination. Ive watched all of his racers .....win , since I was a kid in High school in 83. I don't think he will be back,Hes multi millionare
and since his wife was sick, perhaps after 30 years of the GP circus ..he can go home. This guys gonna be missed by a lot of people.

If one were to string all the GP & MOTOGP victories he had a part in consecutively it would be close to winning every single race for 8 years! and a rider on the box in every race for 15 years in a row...simply impressive numbers.

FACT: Winning machines prepared by Burgess range from the Suzukis of Randy Mamola to the Hondas of Ron Haslam, Freddie Spencer, Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan and Valentino Rossi to the Yamaha of Valentino Rossi. Since July 1980, these riders have won 157 GP/MotoGP races (as at 2 November 2009) and a total of fourteen World Championships on motorcycles that "JB" has either prepared himself or whose preparation he has overseen as crew chief. Burgess's machinery have achieved over 280 podium finishes
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

Re: Rossi FIRES Jeremy Burgess

#2 Post by aaronmvrider » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:13 am

my guess its mutual and firing him releases him from contract and entitles him to final payments...
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

Badass

#3 Post by Badass » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Perhaps Rossi is right and I hope Burgess takes it well and moves on to have a good life and retirement.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

crazydiablo

#4 Post by crazydiablo » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:53 am

Whoa, didnt see that one coming!
1984 RZ350 YPVS 31K
1987 RD350 A/C
2009 Husqvarna SM610

T.RexRacing

#5 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:my guess its mutual
Apparently not.

IMHO the time at Ducati eroded Rossi's (formidable) skills and he's seeking a change to return to the top step. I for one would love to see Rossi competitive with The Aliens. Especially the new kid. Who appears to have immense respect for his competition. Surprising for a young man. Of course all pay lip service to their elders but Marquez seems sincere to me.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

This old RZ

#6 Post by This old RZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:
aaronmvrider wrote:my guess its mutual
Apparently not.

IMHO the time at Ducati eroded Rossi's (formidable) skills and he's seeking a change to return to the top step. I for one would love to see Rossi competitive with The Aliens. Especially the new kid. Who appears to have immense respect for his competition. Surprising for a young man. Of course all pay lip service to their elders but Marquez seems sincere to me.
Rossi & Burgess:...From every printed source and Burgesses own mouth...he was sacked ...cold.
He has absolutely nothing to hold his head down about, though I'm sure he and Rossi will remain loyal in spirit to one another as well as friends. Each has taken the other beyond what they thought was possible. These riders cant do what they do with out a crew chief and a team of great mechanics and engineers. Each MOTO rider/team has a group of close to 20 men and women helping them try to win.

Marquez: I agree, the kid is just so likeable. all of us see something of our innocent youth in him...at least before we were corrupted :smt003

But his skills...and ability to actually control his riding style..is ruthless as well as simply amazing !. And barring injury..being as this is the 1st year he has ever ridden a MOTO GP bike.....odds are he is only going to get better...smoother ....faster.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't see that Marquez is that much better than JL? and surely is on a better bike and more affluent brand.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

This old RZ

#8 Post by This old RZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 pm

JL is a far smoother riders than Marquez...but the kid does things that NO OTHER is capable of...lap...after ...lap after ...lap riding on the edge rear sliding, front end elevated and crossed up sometimes while entering and leaving turns...how does he do it :smt017 Every single guy on the MOTO GP grid wants to know. Cant be just luck, as he went a full season with every practice, pole position ,lap record and race wins without any more mistakes than every other rider..impressive.

Lorenzo...He's right there as well, but riding in a totally different way " graceful 250 GP style" and his way seems to be the best for consistency, proof is he almost won the title again. His Yamaha is not as refined as the Hondas..but The Yamaha machine with Lorenzo as the pilot are IMO100% equal to the Hondas especially since the introduction of the seamless transmission, Lorenzo has been UN beatable since its introduction.

The YAMAHA is now a competitive winner, I think ROSSI thinks so as well, judging from the firing of Jeremy Burgess. The electronics wizards are probably the ones that make the magic now, the motors I doubt are even opened up by the mechanics or crew chiefs direction, The new guy may have his finger on the pulse a little better with todays ultra complex electronic bikes and all the telemetry that has to be diagnosed and translateing that into the bikes set up. :smt017 Sure its Monday quarter backing...but that's racing anyways even for people like us its all set up trial and error followed by riders with huge amounts of talent...those guys are not people like us :smt005 :smt005

EEKNOWS

#9 Post by EEKNOWS » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 am

This old RZ wrote: Burgess is hands down the greatest living and active GP tuner/mechanic. His accomplishments are astounding..total domination.
Complete bollox. Burgess was shown how to tune the chassis of the M1 by Ramon Forcada ....in his second year with the M1. To which Burgess/Rossi had no answer. As far as a tuner goes that falls well short of Jan Thiel who has 25 world riders and 26 constructor titles on machines he has tuned/developed. Jan and two friends built, tuned and rode a Jamathi to almost win a world title against factories with professional riders. All done from someones garage with parts , cast and machined themselves(even the gearbox). Jan went on to work at Garelli where 3 world titles came straight after, then Derbi with a young Jorge Lorenzo then finaly to Aprilia developing the RSW 125/250 and finaly the RSA 125. The very bikes that drove HRC to push for a 4T formula.

JB's biggest legacy is the detacable subframe believe it or not.
anti crank welding stike force

This old RZ

#10 Post by This old RZ » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:16 pm

EEKNOWS wrote:
This old RZ wrote: Burgess is hands down the greatest living and active GP tuner/mechanic. His accomplishments are astounding..total domination.
Complete bollox. Burgess was shown how to tune the chassis of the M1 by Ramon Forcada ....in his second year with the M1. To which Burgess/Rossi had no answer. As far as a tuner goes that falls well short of Jan Thiel who has 25 world riders and 26 constructor titles on machines he has tuned/developed. Jan and two friends built, tuned and rode a Jamathi to almost win a world title against factories with professional riders. All done from someones garage with parts , cast and machined themselves(even the gearbox). Jan went on to work at Garelli where 3 world titles came straight after, then Derbi with a young Jorge Lorenzo then finaly to Aprilia developing the RSW 125/250 and finaly the RSA 125. The very bikes that drove HRC to push for a 4T formula.

JB's biggest legacy is the detacable subframe believe it or not.
Detachable subframe...that's funny :smt015 JT certainly has a impressive resume...but were talking the BIG DADDY here the PREMIER CLASS! not the 50cc to 250cc :smt005 , You can say all you want about JT he's great a living legend as well. But Jeremy Burgess list with Premier class winners is hands down the Holy Grail of titles in the 500cc class. Thiel's resume probably is untouchable in the sub classes , JBs in the 500 well speaks for itself as well equally impressive in the fact that its the class that matters to everyone involved from spectators to the manufactures.

Jan Thiel has a lot of interesting theories and techniques and is quite informative. Many agree with him and many don't.. its like anything a different approach. just like......I like my cranks welded :smt002 :smt003

Id say each guy deserves great credit and a deep respect for their accomplishments, I think we can agree to drink to that [smilie=beer.gif]