Valencia Motogp Spoiler

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Valencia Motogp Spoiler

#1 Post by Badass » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:05 pm

As always JL rides flawlessly and makes me smile :smt003 Finally a decent race to watch today but still not enough of the other riders up there causing a ruckass. Where the hell was Rossi? he could have made a big difference in the championship. I am looking forward to seeing how Rossi does during the testing tomorrow, I think?

Did I hear that right guys, they are testing there tomorrow? It will be cool to see how well he does with his new Crewchief.

Also I heard that the officials or someone was contesting the move JL put on DP? what the hell! it all looked good to me and JL seemed to be just a little hot into the corner.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

This old RZ

Re: Valencia Motogp Spoiler

#2 Post by This old RZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Great end to the year, Im not really a brand loyal type of guy..but Marquez..is a revelation for the sport. It really needs someone like Rossi was to pass the torch to. They have their man....thats for sure. Or should we say....kid :smt005

Rossi..pretty much right where everyone including himself expected to be. 4th. that's been his number all year...he might even decide drop the number 6 from his bike next year :smt003 If rossi had tried to make time on Marquez..Marc would have easily " effortlessly" gapped him..no problem. The kid was riding " beyond his years" ....wise enough to know exactly what he had to do to win the championship. Lorenzo..make no doubt , is a smooth rider, probably the smoothest of the MOTO GP era. And without the broken collarbone..he might have well been the champion again..but we can say the same about Dani Pedrosa..easily would have been a world champion..barring some of his unfortunate injuries sustained in his stellar carrer. Make no mistake..he is one of the best 3 riders on the planet.

Next year is going to be confusing as all hell, 3 teirs of motorcycles..but the results should still be the same. FACTORY HONDAs & YAHMAHAs :smt011 :smt012 :smt009 Was so nice when Ducati was involved in the 800 era..that bike was a rocket ship back then. Ducati caught everyone off guard with that brutal engine :smt023...hell better yet what a cool series it would be if it was similar the early 2000s all over again and Aprilia , Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki , Yamaha and Honda were all going at it on full factory bikes...and no grid filling machines ...or riders
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

Badass

#3 Post by Badass » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:34 pm

LOL drop the 6 that's funny bro! Marquez was really sliding that bike when he really did not have too it would seem. Or maybe he was struggling more than we know. I know this is his riding style but when you should be playing it safe would you ride like that?
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

T.RexRacing

#4 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm waiting to see how they decide on Jorge's defense of his position.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

This old RZ

#5 Post by This old RZ » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:36 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:I'm waiting to see how they decide on Jorge's defense of his position.
Yea ,curious how they see things..I understand safety...but it is racing after all and Valentino Rossi used to bump and grind everyone..more than every rider combined these days. He was stone cold back in the early part of the millennium.

Blatant unsafe tactics..should be looked into..but situations like when Marquez bumped into the back of Pedrosa...To me that's racing two different lines, and riding styles...sure it sucks for the guy getting taken out...but it is racing and racing is not based on talent alone...there is " luck" involved each and every time a leg is swung over a motorcycle.

Hope they don't get too girly on every one...Rossi and Stoner seem to be the last of the guys whom rode with BIG balls and aggressive moves to intimidate, even though Rossi may be a little past his prime and conservative in his effort, and Stoner cried and moaned constantly each guy was fearless. Don't get me wrong the top 4 riders still are superhuman in their abilities..but perhaps theve been clipped you know where either by race direction..BIG MONEY, or just maturity.
Last edited by This old RZ on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

T.RexRacing

#6 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I dunno Marquez seems to have no fear of contact. Just ask Dani. :smt005
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:52 pm

What the hell is Marquez talking about here? I did not see any race stopped!

MARC MARQUEZ: I think for the show they need to be a little bit open-minded and try to be here in Valencia with a special situation for Jorge because he was fighting for a championship. He stopped the race, but he did it with a special situation because there was a problem on the corner. So they need to really be open. But, anyway, always he tried some limits. But that I think for me was OK.

And what the hell is up with making them race with even less fuel next season? What buzz killers, If I wanted to watch Toyota Prius races then I would not be watching motogp. What is next hybrid races or full electric?

JackB

#8 Post by JackB » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:28 pm

They are talking of a new F1 series next year that is going to be all electric and some of the F1 teams are going to be fielding cars in the series. I race gas RC boats and now electrics are getting real popular, they are pretty darn fast but too me they are boring with no sound of a engine.
1984 Rz350, Wicked Toomey rep pipes, Dynojet kit,Zeel unit,Toomey Y boot filter.

This old RZ

#9 Post by This old RZ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 am

Badass wrote:What the hell is Marquez talking about here? I did not see any race stopped!

MARC MARQUEZ: I think for the show they need to be a little bit open-minded and try to be here in Valencia with a special situation for Jorge because he was fighting for a championship. He stopped the race, but he did it with a special situation because there was a problem on the corner. So they need to really be open. But, anyway, always he tried some limits. But that I think for me was OK.

And what the hell is up with making them race with even less fuel next season? What buzz killers, If I wanted to watch Toyota Prius races then I would not be watching motogp. What is next hybrid races or full electric?

As far a s Marquez words, Its Spanish to English ,some is lost in translation.
I think that quote is from a interview with Marc, and he was referring to Lorenzo slowing the race down hence "stopping" the race, the special situation is the fact that Lorenzo was trying to load up "crowd" the track so that possibly Marquez would get swallowed up in the pack or possibly off track or down on the tarmac to ensure a Championship for Lorenzo..it was the only way outside of a Marquez error or mechanical failure that the could steal the championship away fro Marc

As far as the fuel reduction for factory prototypes, Its part of structuring the classes next year to attempt to make the bikes "equal" next year it appears there are 3 levels of machines..again. Its MOTO GP rules and a little confusing to follow. :smt017
While there not calling the bikes "claiming rules machines" CRT any more there is still going to be a 3rd sub bike level..the "factory built and leased machines from Yamaha and Honda.
Honda is selling "complete" race bikes to customers "Hayden on the ASPAR machine" which are a variation of the factory machines, and Yamaha is just leasing engines to anyone whom wants them in their own chassis design. I don't think there are any takers so far :smt005 . Once that is done there is a "electronics package" option MOTO GP standard"black box" or utilizing another set up their own secret "proprietary" software resign.. when choosing one..there is a penalty inloved which requires a reduced fuel load and reduced engine allotment of just 6 engines per year, The teams opting for the black box software can run a increased fuel load AND a increase in engine allotment to something like 12 engines a year,
So basically next year there are
1.) Full factory supported machines
2.) Full factory satellite teams
3.) "Customer" bikes
then each team has a choice of running the software package option which then dictates fuel load and engine allotments.

Factories ..HONDA and YAMAHA don't want the black box...so they are sticking with what they have so they get penalized in order to level out the playing field. same goes for any team on any machine.

MOTO GP would like to mandate all bikes use the black box package.. which is a "spec" bike theory but HONDA threatened to walk away from the series. I assume YAMAHA had a similar opinion as well..

Badass

#10 Post by Badass » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks TORZ, I understand the english issue with marquez yes. CEII is running the Yam engine in case you did not read that yet. And yes that was a marquez interview from SBP. These guys will have to watch out for the Tech3 team I think! Woo Hoo!

Poor Crutchy at Duck Dynasty, hopefully Dall'Igna can take my advice and build a steel frame for that duc. I don't know if the steel would even fix it but it might help. I guess some of the issue is that the engine is too long which makes it so that they have to change the geometry of the front end to a less desirable configuration.

This old RZ

#11 Post by This old RZ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Badass wrote: Poor Crutchy at Duck Dynasty, hopefully Dall'Igna can take my advice and build a steel frame for that duc. I don't know if the steel would even fix it but it might help. I guess some of the issue is that the engine is too long which makes it so that they have to change the geometry of the front end to a less desirable configuration.
Yep..its a big problem..that appears cannot be corrected. A whole new engine design is possibly required. Honda knew they were on to something special in 2001...they have stuck with it...it works. Yamaha...somehow is making there engine work for them...some smart guys those Japanese...also very, very deep pockets.

T.RexRacing

#12 Post by T.RexRacing » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:18 pm

The RC211V was a V5 and nothing like they've made before or since. Engine nor chassis.
Salvador Dali

This old RZ

#13 Post by This old RZ » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:56 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:The RC211V was a V5 and nothing like they've made before or since. Engine nor chassis.

Duh..thats right! :smt021

How time flies. Is the angle of the engine similar? There were some tech articles that I read at some point saying that Hondas design for the MOTO GP engine design and its patents were just about the perfect design and theory. I think it was a article by Kevin Cameron.. but I'm not 100% sure

T.RexRacing

#14 Post by T.RexRacing » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 pm

Short rods,pin location in piston as high as possible and offset bore axis for a shorter overall engine height. Disadvantages of accelerated wear,high piston speed and stability in the bore.

The chassis began to show high lean angles and the lack of suspension movement when heeled over causing lots of chatter front and rear. So they started engineering controlled predetermined flex into the chassis laterally starting with swingarm.

And that's just what they admit publicly.
Salvador Dali

RuZty
-----
-----

#15 Post by RuZty » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:00 am

T.RexRacing wrote:Short rods,pin location in piston as high as possible and offset bore axis for a shorter overall engine height. Disadvantages of accelerated wear,high piston speed and stability in the bore.
This gives a longer relative intake and power stroke too for a torquier motor.