Roberts YZR eye candy in Japan

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

Roberts YZR eye candy in Japan

#1 Post by This old RZ » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:52 am

Not sure if this is one of the originals, as there are not many in existence, Im guessing it is. Virtually all the "factory" YZR and OW racebikes seen in the historic races are total reproductions, built to virtually the same original specs as the originals, such as the Roberts,Agostini,Baker bikes viewed at Imola etc.. Roberts I think? I recall ,owns one of the original 8 factory 500cc GP bikes as well not sure if his personal bike that was the one restored for
Laguna a few years ago or weather it was one of Yamaha classic racing teams reproductions..I think that bike was his from his museum. The rare factory special 750s like this thing are ...the essence of motorcycles, same as many Ducati's...just beautiful to look at

either way look at this beauty! and back in JAPAN where it belongs :smt023 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLDyt8EvI5M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE