AMA Pro Road Racing?

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

AMA Pro Road Racing?

#1 Post by Badass » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

It used to be that watching tv was relaxing, but now I can't even follow the programing. Does anyone know where to pick-up ama roadbike races. I went to amaproracing.com but there is nothing that I could find there that helped. I know you can watch it there but I don't watch much on my computer, rather watch my flatscreen.
Last edited by Badass on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

T.RexRacing

Re: AMA Pro Road Racing?

#2 Post by T.RexRacing » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Badass

#3 Post by Badass » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Can't believe I had to do a search just to find out what station this crap series is on? You would think that it would be plastered across one of the banners on amaproracing website? My laptop power cord is not working so I can't keep up with tv? that just sucks. I could have done a search on my dvr but have not been in touch with the moto world to much right now. It used to be so easy to know all this stuff, uggg, now ya got to have a smart phone to keep up. Good thing it is not a issue to miss the stinkin amarproracing series especially the stinkin daytona! and I am boycotting smartphones. How many idiots out there have them when they can't even afford them? lol. I simply don't need one SO why would I get one? oh that's right, because they are cool, AND cause cancer. Am I missing something here?

Thanks Trex, but because there is no up-comming event I could not fing the info there but, or I just don't have hours to scan that site looking for it. That looks like a great site though that I will add to my favorites. And the bitching is over?, no, I ordered a power cord for my xp equipted laptop and they sent me the wrong one. Now I will loose money and time because of someone elses stupid mistake, screw you ebay! And to boot I am not even sure that I will keep using it for much longer.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

expat

#4 Post by expat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Road racing on American TV is like trying to buy a registered street legal 2 stroke..... just about impossible to find.
Moto GP will be shown, but only the premier class, I have seen some BSB coverage and also TT coverage but that's about it! No more WSB and now, no AMA!
Sucks to be a road racing fan in USA!!
85 RZ350
88 YSR50
82 RD350LC (Current project)
06 Triumph Daytona 675 (track toy)
97 Honda RS125 (race bike #1)
99 Aprilia RS250 (race bike #2)
89 RGV250 VJ21
85 RG500
85 RZ350 Hybrid
86 GSXR750

Hooligan

#5 Post by Hooligan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 am

I couldn't take missing WSBK for another year so we bought a video pass for that series. With our Apple TV we can stream it onto our big screen and watch like normal people.

The state of roadracing on TV is shamefull. NASCAR fans have it good. I'm just not stupid enough to watch nascar. :D
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

steveloomis
-----
-----

#6 Post by steveloomis » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:00 pm

What you are saying is "Your are not sufficiently DUMBed down to appreciate NASCAR" Maybe you need to attend public school a bit more and get a "good Obama education"
'81 RD350LC hybrid w/84 RZ engine. Zeel, Old style Toomeys, Yboot and filter 420 main 22.5 pilot, Air screw 2.5 turns out, DJ needle 2nd from top, Canadian VM26 carbs.
'85 KR/RZ US. Tank is seeping causing a blister in paint.....

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:07 pm

Only prisoners should be forced to watch Asscar, well...and rednecks, nothing against rednecks though really lol. Some of my best friends are rednecks.

I heard Barack Obama had a colonoscopy today...they found a brain tumor LOL

He's not so bad really as far as I am concerned because I don't really follow politics but he seems pretty normal compared to the alternative.

Thanks for listening to all my bitching, lates.

Badass

#8 Post by Badass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Hooligan wrote:I couldn't take missing WSBK for another year so we bought a video pass for that series. With our Apple TV we can stream it onto our big screen and watch like normal people.

The state of roadracing on TV is shamefull. NASCAR fans have it good. I'm just not stupid enough to watch nascar. :D
That is very cool Hooligan, what kind of coverage do you get? I am guessing the same feed as BeIN Sports? I loved that broadcast but it was almost too much time for me to watch lol. I am guessing you can also watch it at a later date if you like? that would be nice. Also can you go back and watch vintage stuff yet? and do you get the super eight camera angles like they do on motogp.com? I am glad that I can get the ama stuff online, I will have to go and get a cord to go from laptop to flatscreen and watch the daytona debacle.

Badass

#9 Post by Badass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:29 pm

expat wrote:Road racing on American TV is like trying to buy a registered street legal 2 stroke..... just about impossible to find.
Moto GP will be shown, but only the premier class, I have seen some BSB coverage and also TT coverage but that's about it! No more WSB and now, no AMA!
Sucks to be a road racing fan in USA!!
You can watch ALL Motogp if you have FS1 and ama is on CBS I believe. BSB is on Velocity and that comes with the package that includes FS1 for me anyway, comcast. WSBK is only on BeIN sports and the only other thing that channel has as far as I know is soccer, and, I don't think they are repeating any wsbk so you gotta watch it the first time around. The British races are a little polite for me lol, "Oh, sorry sir, did I bump you" LOL. but have been pretty good to watch anyway.

Hooligan

#10 Post by Hooligan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Here is the WSBK video page.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos
'85 FZ750

Badass

#11 Post by Badass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Hooligan wrote:Here is the WSBK video page.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/videos

Can I watch much of anything on there if I create an account? they seem to want my email and email PASSWORD! hmm I don't know about that lol.

Also they don't seem to have old full races right, just reviews,have you looked into the older stuff. My buddy said that motogp.com had old full races, wonder why these guys can't produce the same?

Hooligan

#12 Post by Hooligan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:20 pm

They want your email and a password, not your email password. They do have full races. they are just not labelled very well.
'85 FZ750

gus

#13 Post by gus » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 am

I watched daytona on the computer (fanschoice.tv), they said it wasnt televised because of March Madness, theres a good sport I'd rather watch grass grow