Motogp SPOILER!

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Motogp SPOILER!

#1 Post by Badass » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:18 pm

What no comments on the race? Jorge was on fire and lost the front riding in all that sand? dam the bad luck...as one of my old redneck friends used to say. Boooriiiing, then the other front runner lost the front in the sand? at least Rossi rode a smooth flawless ride and came up from the pack to put a little pressure on the KID, Marquez. Marquez sliding a lot!, Rossi very smooth as the Yam likes to be ridden I guess. I think I will watch the last 3 laps again as I have it on my DVR still. Boy I miss the old days when you could RECORD/TAPE these events and watch them with your buds at a later date with some beers. I am looking forward to when WSBK.com gets on with some vintage archives, then I will spend some money with them!
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

mkane

Re: Motogp SPOILER!

#2 Post by mkane » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:52 pm

You think Marquez was playing with Rossi? I enjoyed the race myself. We DVR and watch at a later date. Sand, what sand.

T.RexRacing

#3 Post by T.RexRacing » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 pm

If you look at the tires when they were at the end of the main straight you could see the dirt build up on the unused portion of the tire. They were all tip toeing around the track. it was a little more obvious on the Moto2 race today.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Badass

#4 Post by Badass » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:52 am

mkane wrote:You think Marquez was playing with Rossi? I enjoyed the race myself. We DVR and watch at a later date. Sand, what sand.
Playing with Rossi? no I don't think I said that, still a bit boring. It appeared to me Marquez was racing hard. The last four laps were good, the race was alright imo, some of the fastest guys crashed out. In the end it was just a race between Rossi and Marquez, that's a good race. A race between Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, the Tech3 guys and Stefan Bradl would have been a great race!

Sand in Qatar? noooo, I can't imagine that? Do you know where Qatar is?....well, it is in the sand...giggle giggle, yes, sand as far as you can see. Qatar is like the shuffle board court of motorcycle racing lol. ahhh, you might not get that reference if your not from florida lol, google it.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#5 Post by aaronmvrider » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:44 am

should be an interesting season with some of the 2nd tier bikes at pointy end
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

solo 2

#6 Post by solo 2 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

The kid actually showed a lot of poise considering Rossi was all over him for 1/2 the race, even some of the best can be made to make a mistake under that kind of pressure. I'm now officially on the Marquez band wagon, he reminds me of King Kenny.

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:17 am

Your only now getting on board with the new kid!? lol, just kidding.

mkane

#8 Post by mkane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:41 pm

If you think Qatar was boring, wait until the season wears on.

T.RexRacing

#9 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Marquez spends way too much time out on the edge. He's going to have a big one eventually. Hopefully it won't hurt too bad. He needs to learn like Lorenzo how to click off those laps at exactly the time needed to stay out front and nothing more.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

mkane

#10 Post by mkane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Possibility he rides the Honda the way it need's to be rode to go quick. More power than the Yamaha, a bit cammy and likes the fat part of the tire. In a sence, the corners are squared off by sliding into them, straightens up and off we go. This give a sense of the following rider closing the gap, but, only for an instance.

solo 2

#11 Post by solo 2 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:47 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:Marquez spends way too much time out on the edge. He's going to have a big one eventually. Hopefully it won't hurt too bad. He needs to learn like Lorenzo how to click off those laps at exactly the time needed to stay out front and nothing more.
That's exactly the reason I stopped watching motoGP and F1...boring riders, boring racing. I want to see guys ride the wheels off the bikes, not JUST safely win.

mkane

#12 Post by mkane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:54 pm

They are riding the wheels off if you haven't noticed.

Hooligan

#13 Post by Hooligan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Badass wrote:
mkane wrote:You think Marquez was playing with Rossi? I enjoyed the race myself. We DVR and watch at a later date. Sand, what sand.
Playing with Rossi? no I don't think I said that, still a bit boring. It appeared to me Marquez was racing hard. The last four laps were good, the race was alright imo, some of the fastest guys crashed out. In the end it was just a race between Rossi and Marquez, that's a good race. A race between Rossi, Marquez, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, the Tech3 guys and Stefan Bradl would have been a great race!
You thought that race was boring? I thought it was great. Qatar has not produced fantastic races in the past but this one went almost all the way to the wire. Marquez said his last lap was the fastest he had ever done around there.

With Rossi looking to be back on form it could be an excellent year. I'd like to see more of Rossi vs Marquez, with neither willing to let the other win.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

solo 2

#14 Post by solo 2 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:20 am

mkane wrote:They are riding the wheels off if you haven't noticed.
Nope, hadn't noticed. Just like F1, other than a nice slide here or there they look like my trip to the grocery store...minus the people flipping me off :smt003

I honestly haven't watched enough in the last 25 years to make an informed opinion, but when I have watched it was simply boring. I've never really cheered for a marque, always for a rider/driver. Personality and the desire to win at any cost is what attracts me. Many haven't been winners because of this, but the ones who are are usually spectacular.

I'm going to make an effort to watch closely this season.

Badass

#15 Post by Badass » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Hooligan wrote:
Badass wrote:
You thought that race was boring? I thought it was great. Qatar has not produced fantastic races in the past but this one went almost all the way to the wire. Marquez said his last lap was the fastest he had ever done around there.

With Rossi looking to be back on form it could be an excellent year. I'd like to see more of Rossi vs Marquez, with neither willing to let the other win.
Yeah you are right it was a pretty good race but a bit of a follow the leader with some passes, I just like a little more action like the old days. I just feel that if the faster qualifiers were still in it, it would have been much better. Awesome track but a bit to sandy I think.