Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

Re: Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

#16 Post by aaronmvrider » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:04 am

turn 4.... i was watching the race from this spot.... the tyres were the new assymetric tyre which i dont fully understand ....

but from my point it was rider error that brought them all undone... at this track there is a small amount of time on the right side of tyre...

the air temp and track temp dropped dramatically during the race and as a result alot of riders were missing there normal racing line on tight right corners and running wide or falling off
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

Badass

#17 Post by Badass » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:turn 4.... i was watching the race from this spot.... the tyres were the new assymetric tyre which i dont fully understand ....
Quite sure asymmetric means different on one side as opposed to the other, meaning one side is harder or softer than the other. Not the best description but it is not symmetrical in it's compounds.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Badass

#18 Post by Badass » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:32 pm

nokturnal wrote:no, i think Jorge thinks he got a bum tire. Like Rossi in Texas.
Here is Jorge's quote from MotoGP, he is known for running soft tires.com:
“This has probably been the luckiest second place of my life. A lot of faster riders crashed. You struggle all weekend with setup but then you get the wrong tyre on race day. It was a complete drama to even stay on the bike. I managed to stay on the bike, I was very lucky,” explained Lorenzo.

He added, “We would still be competitive in normal conditions, like we were before the race. I could have stayed with Marc if I had a good tyre. Similar happened to Rossi in Austin and me here. A great result for Yamaha, it’s been a long time since they’ve had a 1-2-3.”
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

nokturnal
-----
-----

#19 Post by nokturnal » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 pm

right, what I said.

remember his english is not perfect. he thinks he got a crap tire.
:smt017

waltmil

#20 Post by waltmil » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Rossi has also complained about getting bad tires. I understood him to mean the tire carcass and not the tread. FWIW Michelin will be the tire supplier in 2016.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Badass

#21 Post by Badass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:32 pm

nokturnal wrote:right, what I said.

remember his english is not perfect. he thinks he got a crap tire.
Where does it say that, or was it a live comment you heard somewhere? because this is what I have read: " You struggle all weekend with setup but then you get the wrong tyre on race day."

I would like to see the video if possible? Also I can't remember what tire choice he made, was it softer than VR?

waltmil

#22 Post by waltmil » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:05 pm

It was in the cycle news article. Both were on the same tire but look at the photo trex posted, Jorge's tire is toast and Rossi's looks like he could go another 10.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Badass

#23 Post by Badass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:54 pm

I got ya, but still don't see any article quoting JL? so where is it? The only thing I have seen was talk, rumors? Perhaps it was in some video somewhere. I will have to get the Motogp pass.

I did see that they were on the same tire, so it does appear that there MIGHT have been an issue.

And yes I saw the photo that Trex posted but that does not prove that it was a bad tire does it?

I also forgot that they have Gag Orders from Bridgestone? what pussy's these tire makers are? if you make a crap tire then you should be called out on it. They are like doctors, they want to be untouchable when they make a mistake.