Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

#1 Post by Badass » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:10 pm

I have to pick a Yamaha here, even though Marquez might take it. I will go ahead and choose Rossi again lol. if I keep choosing him eventually will be right lol. I really think the Yamaha's will be strong here and perhaps the Ducatis. I also think Jorge will win as this is a track that will be rewarded by a good start and smooth riding with few mistakes.
Last edited by Badass on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Hooligan

Re: Put in your votes for the Australian GP!

#2 Post by Hooligan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:20 pm

George is certainly looking fast and ...... determined.

Should be a good race though.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

waltmil

#3 Post by waltmil » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Much as I would like to pick Jorge or Rossi, if I had to bet it would be for Marquez. He has the championship already and I'll bet he will try to win the rest. For him it will be win or crash the rest of the season. As for 2nd in the championship, Rossi and Pedrosa are tied with Lorenzo 3 points back. I will take Lorenzo for 2nd in the championship then Rossi.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Hooligan

#4 Post by Hooligan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Marquez needs to win one more to beat Rossi's record of wins in a season.
'85 FZ750

South_Oz
-----
-----

#5 Post by South_Oz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYtUQ6cXkgY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dave
RZ 250 85 (Waiting)
RZ 250 85 (Parts)
RGV VJ21 250, Australian Speed Record Holder, MPS/G 250, 140.5 MPH
BMW R1100S 99 (Its Red)
BMW R1200GS (Its BIG)

http://www.dlra.org.au/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Badass

#6 Post by Badass » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Well, I guess this rules out Pedrosa for the win, he does not seem to be on form LOL! Perhaps just drinking to early in the day?
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 pm

waltmil wrote:Much as I would like to pick Jorge or Rossi, if I had to bet it would be for Marquez. He has the championship already and I'll bet he will try to win the rest. For him it will be win or crash the rest of the season. As for 2nd in the championship, Rossi and Pedrosa are tied with Lorenzo 3 points back. I will take Lorenzo for 2nd in the championship then Rossi.
You're right on waltmil, but I am hoping that the Yams history at this track will prove to be the little bit they need to pull it off. And the history of Rossi and Jorge's success there also. When you got it all in the bag it takes a lot of the pressure off, so for Marquez it's all good. On the other hand there is not a lot of pressure for the next top three either at this point so it should be a good race either way, whoohoo! looks like I will be staying up late tonight.

waltmil

#8 Post by waltmil » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:42 am

Did I say Marquez will win or crash? Good for the doctor but not sure what was going with Jorge. Can Yamaha pull out the manufacturer's championship?

Hooligan

#9 Post by Hooligan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 pm

So who saw THAT coming? Talk about a crash fest! Kinda weird that many of the crashes were from totally upright while hard on the brakes. That is not something that should happen with racing slicks.

Felt bad for Alaix Espargaro though. He was on for a fantastic finish and got torpedo'd by an out of control Bradl.
'85 FZ750

waltmil

#10 Post by waltmil » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 pm

There were a LOT of crashes without much explanation. I felt bad for Crutchlow even though it moved Jorge up to 2nd. There must have been something going with some of the front tires, Jorge felt it and slowed and the crashers didn't?

Badass

#11 Post by Badass » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Hooligan wrote:So who saw THAT coming? Well, ME! LOLTalk about a crash fest! Kinda weird that many of the crashes were from totally upright while hard on the brakes. That is not something that should happen with racing slicks.

Felt bad for Alaix Espargaro though. He was on for a fantastic finish and got torpedo'd by an out of control Bradl.
Well, ME! LOL. As for Aliex, yes too bad-but-don't think Bradl should be penalized for it, but it was hard to tell from my couch lol.

The tires were a bit harder than normal (at least on one side) so I'm guessing that is why so many crashes on the brakes. Unfortunately I don't have the time to read up on this stuff much so I am just guessing, mostly in turn four right? that's weird?

Badass

#12 Post by Badass » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:42 pm

waltmil wrote:Did I say Marquez will win or crash? Good for the doctor but not sure what was going with Jorge. Can Yamaha pull out the manufacturer's championship?
Your pics were right on! but I picked the winner! lol. what no congrats here? whoohoo!

Jorge said that his tire choice was not good, still better than crashing like Marquez.

nokturnal
-----
-----

Re: Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

#13 Post by nokturnal » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:13 pm

no, i think Jorge thinks he got a bum tire. Like Rossi in Texas.
:smt017

Badass

Re: Put in your votes for the Australian GP! (Spoiler!)

#14 Post by Badass » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Ooo, really, I need to read up on this stuff-I've lost touch. I thought I read his quote saying they chose the wrong tire?

T.RexRacing

#15 Post by T.RexRacing » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:14 am

Hooligan wrote:So who saw THAT coming? Talk about a crash fest! Kinda weird that many of the crashes were from totally upright while hard on the brakes. That is not something that should happen with racing slicks.

New Bridgestone at Phillip Island. Rossi's experience is he reason he stood on top of the podium. Tire management won Sunday's race.

Jorge's front after the race. Can you say well done? That thing is cooked.

There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali