Pick your winner for the Malaysian GP!

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Pick your winner for the Malaysian GP!

#1 Post by Badass » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't want to make a pic yet lol? but I will in case I don't get time later, I will choose Jorge.

I guess it will be whoever makes the right call on the weather/tires-so that makes it difficult and unfortunate. I am rooting for Rossi as usual, and hope they find something to help their speed. I think that Rossi's team is very good at making critical decisions, that will be very important in this situation and very well could mean the win.
Last edited by Badass on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Badass

Re: Pics for Malaysian GP?

#2 Post by Badass » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Okay, I I have to change my pic, I will have to choose Rossi for this one! Good luck VR!!!!
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

waltmil

Re: Pick your winner for the Malaysian GP!

#3 Post by waltmil » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:47 am

Well, you correctly picked 2nd and my pick for 2nd in the championship looks to be wrong. Jorge can't complain about his tire this time as he chose the hard tire.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Badass

#4 Post by Badass » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 am

Okay can I change my mind now LOL! Actually guys, I changed my mind before the race to MM due to this track and the fact that I did not think MM was going to mess up another race, but I knew VR would do really well as he has many wins there and his recent success in the Championship. I wonder what happened to JL, did he get tired or just push his bike too hard in the beginning? Or is it just the setup that he is using is not as good as VR's? I guess we will never know for sure. These days the riders don't talk as much about inside technical info. as they did in the past.

waltmil

#5 Post by waltmil » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Jorge actually used the harder front and it hurt him early but did not help soon enough at the end.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

Badass

#6 Post by Badass » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:44 pm

Yes I remember, so there might be some truth in what I said earlier-that Rossi's team is making some good choices. Rossi made a good decision to go with a new teammate replacing Burgess, just to get some new inspiration if nothing else.