MotoGP 2015

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Re: MotoGP 2015

#196 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:42 am

Lorenzo..seems to know he would win the championship, hes so dammed fast & steady. Although I dont like his personality hes like Eddie Lawson..he just races so dammned perfect its almost boring.
He cleaned everyones clock for pole..easily ahead of the Hondas..So everything is going as he has anticipated. Rossi must finish no less than 1 position behind Jorge, so that looks like 2nd place it will not happen, Rossi may get padt 2/3rds of the field but will not pass The Ducatis, Marquez and Pedrosa so unless he crashes out, or has a mechanical Lorenzo is your 2015 world champion. Even if Rossi hadnt had his spat with Marquez it appears Lorenzo had him handled yet again..no wonder Rossi lost it and snapped, faci g the season finale vs. 3 Spainards on Spains greatest stage it must be beyond aggravating. I can only hope Lorenzos bike has a electrical problem...lol
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

waltmil

#197 Post by waltmil » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Well, the fat lady has sung. I thought Pedrosa was going to win the race but he either backed off or cooked his tire. MM probably made up his mind that he was not going to help Rossi so he did not attack Lorenzo. If Rossi had just kept his thoughts to himself, today he would have his 10th and last.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

T.RexRacing

#198 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Yeah the fat bitch bellowed.

Entertaining watching Rossi run through the field. Hearing those cheers from the crowd as Valentino made passes had to be playing on Whoregay's mind. Congratulations to Whoregay for doing the only thing he could do. The most impressive was the line of people from other teams congratulating Rossi on his way back to the pit stall. Whoregay's victory is lonely and hollow. If he was American the hookers and blow would be rolling this evening.

And we'll see next year whether Rossi has another run in him. The new tires make 2016 a big question mark. I'd like to see a return to the tire wars of the past. Michelin,Pirelli,Dunlop and the newer guys all tossing their rubber into the ring.

Let's quit the soap opera spec racing and get back to real prototype racing. Displacement,RPM and weight are the limits. No electronic traction/wheelie controls,shitloads of power and rider skill the only way to manage it all. Yeah it'll never happen but one can wish can't one? Wouldn't that be exciting?
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Smoker

#199 Post by Smoker » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Not the outcome I was hoping for, but still great.

The most exciting racing I've seen over the years always happens when the riders hate each other.

I think it's part of VRs strategy. :smt003

waltmil

#200 Post by waltmil » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Unfortunately the electronics genie is out of the box and putting it back is not going to happen. New tires and a common ecu will make next year more (or less) interesting. Yamaha figured things out this year while Honda went backwards. New game next year, who will get it closer?
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

T.RexRacing

#201 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:22 pm

F1 successfully banned traction control and is moving the race back to the driver bit by bit. No reason MotoGP cannot do the same.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Questo vecchio rz

#202 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:56 pm

The spec ECU is next year..who knows what will happen with that What will Ducati bring to the table along with Suzuki & Aprillia??
Honda is going to stand for anything less than victory next year..Id imagine there going to hit the stage with a vengance you know Marquez is going to be under major corporate Honda pressure. I have a gut feeling next year were going to see much closer racing. I hate the present rules either go back to ultra prototypes or build 100% spec IROC style machines..then see who the best rider is. Bad thing is HONDA would likley benifit from either scenario from their massive budget or spec engines..they have had too much influence. Their anger at the spec ECU might be a sign of weakness.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

#203 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 am

Aprilia finished well this season with a heavily modified street bike. They may be a force to contend with next year when their full GP bike is debuted. Suzuki had a good season. Next year may turn out to be a great season. Too bad we won't see the KTM until 2017.
Salvador Dali

seahorse
-----
-----

#204 Post by seahorse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:17 am

Inevitably disgusted with markez
When has he ever caught some one and not attacked.
And to then challenge Danny who clearly was faster. Danny backed off cause he didn't want a pointless scrap with markez who was clearly protecting Lorenzo
Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by Markez and Honda.
Shame on them and the governing body.
A dark fortnight for moto GP.
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100

T.RexRacing

#205 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 pm

https://youtu.be/TLFTpZquy4I

Look at 93's entrance speed vs. Lorenzo. And his exit speed-UNTIL Dani is in the picture. I was skeptical about he protecting Lorenzo. However this video clarifies that point. Marquez's speed is so relative to what he needs to do. Dani could have easily passes Lorenzo had Marquez not balked him. After the first tries it's easy to see Dani just give up and settle instead of being taken out by The Joker. No respect for Marquez. If he leaves Honda getting a factory ride may be difficult.

EDIT-Why doesn't the "youtube" function work?
Salvador Dali

Questo vecchio rz

#206 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Viewed this link on another site, Nieto is telling it like it is...from a seasoned Spanish racer and the nephew of Angel Nieto, this guy knows what happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmH4D_I82D0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

#207 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Valentino gave away the crown when he got fed up with Marquez and parked him at Sepang. I think he knew that.

However nothing excuses Marquez's behavior. It's so transparent I really don't understand the argument. Not because I'm a Rossi fan (I am) but because I see what's going on. Look at the 93 entrance speed from the helicopter shot in the video I linked above. He closes on Lorenzo from 10 bikes behind like he's sitting still and then parks it mid corner and is late picking the bike up. A rider of his talent doesn't ride like that if he wants to win. Look how fast he comes back on Dani when he gets by. He never even makes an attempt to pass Lorenzo. Just sits on his rear wheel for 30 laps yet suddenly comes to life when Dani gets by and heads for he front.

It's a shame that the best season in recent memory goes down in history with a black mark. Although it may have lit a spark in Rossi............and Dani. Dani has learned to fight clean and showed it at Aragon. Close and aggressive but clean. I'd love to see Pedrosa trounce Marquez all season in 2016.

We've something to anticipate in the next 4 1/2 months. It has the potential to be truly epic.
Salvador Dali

Hooligan

#208 Post by Hooligan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:17 pm

Its a shame the season ended the way it did. Would have been nice to see Rossi get #10 but Lorenzo really did earn that championship ... regardless of whether I like him or not.

Marquez shamed himself big time with that performance. The contrast between his riding at Malasia and his riding at Valencia could not have been more different. In Malasia he relentlessly and savagely attacked Rossi but then behind Lorenzo he is as docile as a geriatric pony, only baring his teeth when his team mate looks to threaten Lorenzo? Fricken BS is all I can say about that.

Lorenzo should have shut his mount about Rossi's appeal. Trying to inject himself into something that never had anything to do with him was a douche move.

The only person who came out of this debacle without poo on his shoes was Pedrosa. Fricken guy rode an amazing last few races and kept entirely out of an issue that didn't involve him. I was not a Pedrosa fan for a lot of years after he torpedoed Hayden but I am more and more gaining respect for the little guy. His performance in the rain was nothing short of gobsmacking.

The most impressive was the line of people from other teams congratulating Rossi on his way back to the pit stall.
Yea, that was pretty impressive. Has to cushion the blow a bit, knowing everyone loves you. Lorenzo on the other hand is a pretty unpopular champion and that has to sting a bit.

We've something to anticipate in the next 4 1/2 months. It has the potential to be truly epic.
Yep. Sadly my guy is prob going to WSBK next season so we won't be getting to any of the MotoGP rounds. :smt022
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750

Questo vecchio rz

#209 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:40 am

Another racer beleives Marquez was blocking.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Nov/151109mnsxz.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Oh what can you do...lol
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

#210 Post by T.RexRacing » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:05 am

Remember 1999? Alex Criville' had no joy as champion.

Yay!
Salvador Dali