No More U.S. Indy venue canceled

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

No More U.S. Indy venue canceled

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:00 pm

No more Laguna Seca , now Indy another nail in the coffin for racing in the USA. Indy was kinda a aful track but still leaves us with only one .AMA Superbike has also disappeared likley to never be viewed here again. At least many of us were lucky enough to see great racing once.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Sep/150911ims.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

silverstrom

Re: No More U.S. Indy venue canceled

#2 Post by silverstrom » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:35 am

It's always about someone not making enough money.

T.RexRacing

#3 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:41 am

I guess Texas isn't really the USA. Just ask any Texan,Right Hellgate?? From whatI've read it wasn't all Dorna Indy's management want to go in another direction............because it doesn't fill the stands like the 500.

This says a lot.
"This outcome reflects the best interests of both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Dorna Sports................ However, the timing is right to pursue other opportunities that drive greater revenue for both the Speedway and our Central Indiana economy." "J. Douglas Boles, President of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
"The historic track, professional staff and welcoming host community produced an annual event that was enjoyed by all. While both sides recognize it's the right time to pause this relationship, the door is not closed on future collaborations together should current circumstances change." Dorna Sports Chief Executive Officer Carmelo Ezpeleta
Doesn't sound very "mutual" to me. how 'bout you? Sounds to me like the Indy management wants a bigger cut of the gate and Dorna said no.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

solo 2

#4 Post by solo 2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:57 am

The family that owns Indy seem to be *uckheads, ruined possibly the best racing series in the world (CART) so that a bunch of old redneck Mericans could watch cars go in circles only. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted the Moto GP run on the oval.

T.RexRacing

#5 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Thanks for that in depth analysis. Your astute observations say more in two sentences than this "Merican" can muster.

Problem is the subject it describes best is you............not MotoGP. While it does a spectacular job of drawing an amazing parallel between "Merican Rednecks" and their Canadian counterpart it does little to further any discussion of MotoGP's decline or that of motor racing in general. Perhaps a little thought prior to typing would give rise to coherent constructive criticism?
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Hellgate

#6 Post by Hellgate » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:27 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:I guess Texas isn't really the USA. Just ask any Texan,Right Hellgate?? From whatI've read it wasn't all Dorna Indy's management want to go in another direction............because it doesn't fill the stands like the 500.

This says a lot.
"This outcome reflects the best interests of both the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Dorna Sports................ However, the timing is right to pursue other opportunities that drive greater revenue for both the Speedway and our Central Indiana economy." "J. Douglas Boles, President of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
"The historic track, professional staff and welcoming host community produced an annual event that was enjoyed by all. While both sides recognize it's the right time to pause this relationship, the door is not closed on future collaborations together should current circumstances change." Dorna Sports Chief Executive Officer Carmelo Ezpeleta
Here we go again. Yes Austin, Texas is in the United States of America. Now The Valley, that is North Mexico.
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R

solo 2

#7 Post by solo 2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:13 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:Thanks for that in depth analysis. Your astute observations say more in two sentences than this "Merican" can muster.

Problem is the subject it describes best is you............not MotoGP. While it does a spectacular job of drawing an amazing parallel between "Merican Rednecks" and their Canadian counterpart it does little to further any discussion of MotoGP's decline or that of motor racing in general. Perhaps a little thought prior to typing would give rise to coherent constructive criticism?
What exactly are you on about? Tony George and co., the word "redneck", my use of "Merican". Every other country in the world almost can pull in huge crowds for non-oval racing but in the US and Canada (we really don't count because we don't have the population base and we are fed US sports on TV). That being said I suppose I could have been more judicious in my choice of words but it pisses me off and it's a reasonably accurate statement.

T.RexRacing

#8 Post by T.RexRacing » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Oh cut it out I'm just jerkin yer chain. Grab a towel and wipe the drool from yer chin before someone thinks you've got rabies. The CART thing's been over with for a decade.

Not to mention the formation of CART/CHAMP was due to owners being unhappy with USAC not The Hulman family.

How can a country with the reputation of being so nice also be the birthplace of ice hockey?
Salvador Dali

solo 2

#9 Post by solo 2 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:47 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:Oh cut it out I'm just jerkin yer chain. Grab a towel and wipe the drool from yer chin before someone thinks you've got rabies. The CART thing's been over with for a decade.

Not to mention the formation of CART/CHAMP was due to owners being unhappy with USAC not The Hulman family.

How can a country with the reputation of being so nice also be the birthplace of ice hockey?
I don't like hockey, if they put a car or bike on the ice with the players I might watch.

hondaror

#10 Post by hondaror » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:55 am

I reffed hockey at the Jr. level. I used to watch ice racing in Copps Colliseum in Hamilton, an indoor rink (oval), and I now ride bikes again. Who cares?!

I read something on this forum about our sanity or lack of it...
Rory
2 1984 RZ350s
1985 RZ350
9 1986-1990 RZ350s
2000 ST2
2005 749
2005 749 with 999 engine

wolfman

#11 Post by wolfman » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:04 pm

solo 2 wrote:The family that owns Indy seem to be *uckheads, ruined possibly the best racing series in the world (CART) so that a bunch of old redneck Mericans could watch cars go in circles only. Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted the Moto GP run on the oval.
You mean like Kenney Roberts ?
Or Wayne Rainey or ???
Poor choice of words my friend.
But . . . Motogp not being in Monterey is a huge hit to the west coast and indicative of the us market for the series. No Mericans in the series means no redneck Merican fans to follow their money machine and there you have it.
Sad to see it go back to where it was before that dirt track red neck Merican from California set foot on the EU and Dominated the series. :smt035
But . . . When we see the ama bring supercross to the nj/ny venue, trying gain exposure to the social media machine generation that doesn't play outside. It gives me hope ! :smt041
84 RZ350 Spec II boost ports shaved head
Y boot 29mm PWKs billet manifold TDR Reeds Spec II pipes
Fox twin clicker JMC Braced swing arm
Tarozzi fork brace
Brembo 19 RCS Master ss lines blue spots EBC Vees
Spec 2 Full Fairing factory Solo Cowl