Rossi penalized 1 championship point ( MISANO SPOILER)

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Rossi penalized 1 championship point ( MISANO SPOILER)

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:56 am

My original post title was wrong as I misunderstood points deducted from record to mean his championship title points which gave me an easy excuse to drag Jorge through the mud ..lol
Most if you probably love the guy, Ive never warmed to the guys personality. Especially when he tries to outdo Rossi by doing a "Rossi style" impersonation on his celebrations it's lame, sorry kid theres only one Rossi. He has always "acted" like a spoiled brat with a chip on his shoulder as if the people "should" embrace him as they do Rossi, he doesnt understand what character & personality is. Hes a incredible racer though cant take that away from him & totally deserved his championships. Heres wishful thinking the "old dog" can beat him..it wont be easy for Rossi.
story is here: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2015/Sep/150912cc.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Questo vecchio rz on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: Rossi penalized 1 championship point

#2 Post by RuZty » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:25 am

As Rossi said in the interview 'he got pole, so I think no problem'.
Pointless penalties ruin the sport, Formula 1 has become absolutely retarded this year. I hope Rossi beats him by 2 points just to rub his nose in it.

T.RexRacing

#3 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:49 am

SPOILER AHEAD!!!! Don't read if you haven't seen the race yet. Fair warning issued.

That point didn't help him stay on the bike this morning did it? Although the rules are the rules and being spanked by Rossi continuously this season isn't helping him mentally.

Lorenzo is unbeatable-as long as the conditions are perfect for him. He has difficulties when the track is poor,he's got to fight through traffic after a poor start or qualifying puts him behind. Valentino has been living in his head rent free all season. And it shows when mistakes like the one he made today. There was no reason for that other than his brain was occupied by other things. If he adopted Marquez's "I am out here to beat everyone badly and I'm the man to do it" mindset he would be invincible. His obsession with being inch perfect every lap,every corner costs him dearly and is leading to Rossi's 10th championship. And make no mistake Valentino is earning this one with a lot of hard work. Put simply he's easily distracted from the task at hand. And Rossi is well aware of that.

I think Lorenzo views the track as an opponent and Marquez thinks it's just somewhere he's riding. Marquez sees the bike as the challenge to his trophy hunting. He had problems with the Honda early until reverting to the bike he'd mastered 2 years running. When he gets over that the battles will be epic. When he learns to play master level mind games the package will be complete.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Hellgate

#4 Post by Hellgate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:09 am

Rossi was totally hogging the racing line. He deserved the penalty. My guess is he was toying with JLo to get in his head. It all worked out in end today for Rossi.
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R

RuZty
-----
-----

#5 Post by RuZty » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Brilliant race, hats off to Smith and Redding, first podium after crashing out on lap 6. Notice the camera zooming in on 10 flag waving Lorenzo fans a couple of times while at least half of the 92000 fans were wearing at least one form of Rossi paraphernalia.

Questo vecchio rz

#6 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:59 pm

Lorenzo was poised to clear out and leave them all behind, then the rain...lol. The "Young gun" Marc & his pitcrew again showed impressive mastery by pitting when he did and rode effortlesly to victory!
Rossi actually doomed his chances by for whatever reason staying out, his only saving grace was Lorenzo uncharacteristiclly crashing out ? If Rossi had pitted with the wunder kid, the outcome would have been different for Lorenzo as well. Still a good result for the old dog. IMO it still going to be a real challenge for Rossi to hold off Lorenzo, and Marquez for wins there both so skilled and fast. Rossi must continue to qualify better until the very end, his poor qualifying has been his achilles heel. Shame he couldnt have podiumed today and gained more points..but still great to see, provided your a Valentino fan. The season remainder is a pressure cooker now, & just might be a nail biter!
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

JanBros

Re: Rossi penalized 1 championship point ( MISANO SPOILER)

#7 Post by JanBros » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:Rossi penalized 1 championship point
you should re-read your link.
championship points can not be deducted. Rossi got one penalty point on his "MotoGP driving license". Score too many points and a real penalty will be handed out.
if it runs, you can race it !

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Rossi penalized 1" LICENCE" point ( MISANO SPOILER)

#8 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:14 pm

JanBros wrote:
Questo vecchio rz wrote:Rossi penalized 1 championship point
you should re-read your link.
championship points can not be deducted. Rossi got one penalty point on his "MotoGP driving license". Score too many points and a real penalty will be handed out.
Your correct, the term "record" instead if licence is not as common to me. Reading it slower would have made sense. There go my aspirations of a career in factual journalism. I Best sign up for the ABC Brian Williams course instead.. Lol
Screw it..i still dont like Lorenzo much...lol
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

T.RexRacing

#9 Post by T.RexRacing » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:20 pm

I'm not a fan of either Lorenzo or Pedrosa. But MotoGP would be diminished w/o them. Cannot wait to see Zarco,Rins,Rabat,Fenati and Kent on the big bikes. There's some talent coming up that will add a lot to the grid.
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Hellgate

#10 Post by Hellgate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:41 pm

Rossi was playing the long game today. No he wasn't on the podium but he is now 23 points up. Should he have come in a lap or two earlier, yes, but given what he knew he worked towards the championship. That said it would have been great to see him podium. Hats off to the Brits! Never quit!
Cheers!

Pete

'12 Tuono V4R APRC, '05 R6, '88 RZ350, '82 XV920R

seahorse
-----
-----

#11 Post by seahorse » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:37 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:I'm not a fan of either Lorenzo or Pedrosa. But MotoGP would be diminished w/o them. Cannot wait to see Zarco,Rins,Rabat,Fenati and Kent on the big bikes. There's some talent coming up that will add a lot to the grid.
Agree with everything rexy boy, and watching qualifiying on the day I couldn't see what was the issue Lorenzo was shaking his head, ffs he still got polle. He probably didn't deserve to crash in the race that was a brain fart on cold tyres.
Re the new blood, Zarco , Rins, Fenati are the cream I think in that order. Rabat I think is happy where he is
We must watch the same racing brother :smt002
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100