WSBK starts this weekend

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

WSBK starts this weekend

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:01 am

Finally the racing is on back on TV ! something other than Supercross. The new Yamaha R1 appears to be putting on a impressive debut show so far, top of the grid today. Well see if anyone has a answer for the Kawasakis.

Just in case anyone is wondering it's televised on the BeIN network, as will Moto GP this year.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Questo vecchio rz

Re: WSBK starts this weekend

#2 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:24 pm

LOL...I jinxed the Yamaha, It fell from 1st to last place.

Said to be computer issue though, not speed related.

Tomorrow...it's race day!
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Badass

#3 Post by Badass » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:54 am

First to last, I see them in 4 and 5th today.

Can someone please help me figure out when these guys are broadcasting this on the East coast of the U.S.? I'm looking at the beIN Sports site and it is saying 8pm to 9:45pm on Sat, but what time zone are they showing me.
http://www.beinsports.com/us/tv-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Questo vecchio rz

#4 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:34 am

Apparently it seems they are shortening qualifying and running a race on Saturday and Sunday this year that is possibly how it looks. I am in California and the only listing that I can get for it is tomorrow at 8 p.m. at night and the title of the programming says race 2 ? So what happend to race 1? It is looking like it is going to be this way with Moto GP as well only being shown on BEIN.
I would subscribe to the Moto GP but it irritates me to have to pay to watch and I am NOT happy with the organization of MotoGP anyways especially after last year.
By last place... I meant that the man who had set the fastest time was Guintoli but his bike just stopped, it wasn't a slow lap time. You read correct, your reading final starting positions of 4-5 for the Yamahas. With Rea and Sykes each riding a bike they have helped develop, its gonna be hard to bet against them this year. Might be similar to the Matt Mladin & Ben Spies domination of the old defunct AMA series. Curious to see if Hayden can still compete at this level? Im thinking hes a mid pack rider 7-10th place, we will see..nobody knows at this point. He was a damn good superbike rider 15 years ago. Biaggi did it I just dont think Nicky is of the same caliber.Just hope he doesnt get hurt trying to keep up with the young guns.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Badass

#5 Post by Badass » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Agreed, and this beIN far as I can tell just sucks. They have good coverage but sometimes that is even to much for me. I would like to see the full races as the last time I watched on beIN, but then, like I think they did, re-air it as a Race only broadcast without all the extra. This way I don't have to record it and can sit down and watch both races in a short time.

I remember the first year they covered WSBK and they couldn't even get the first race broadcast-ed and had to watch on my laptop, and that sucks!

Thanks, good to see you are having the same issues, and I will look according to my East Coast correction to your CA time.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Questo vecchio rz

#6 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Awesome Supersport race, new rules no traction control!
and what about Nicky Hayden, proved me wrong.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:39 pm

Questo vecchio rz wrote:Awesome Supersport race, new rules no traction control!
and what about Nicky Hayden, proved me wrong.
Somehow I missed the Second Race. Thought it was on Sunday night over here on the East Coast of U.S. At first I thought I was looking for beIN Sports, then I realized that it was BEIN Sports, this was my problem Questo, just unfamiliar. Didn't know they had Two Stations. Is BEIN always so Un-organized? It's never been easy to find info on this at their site? I suppose that Soccer is the most important to them lol.

Questo vecchio rz

#8 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:43 pm

I use the program search feature on my cable box, also try their webdite for programming. Last weekend I read the date on a racing website, that clued me off to the season start.
They did say that the next races are two weeks from last weekend. If I see anything specific I'll post it up.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Hooligan

#9 Post by Hooligan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 pm

We don't have the option of TV coverage, which makes the choice easy. We bought video passes for both MotoGP and WSBK. The coverage is excellent and we never miss anything. Well worth the cost of entry.
'82 RD350LC in '81 colours, OEM pipes, UNI filters
'85 FZ750