MotoGP 2016

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

solo 2

Re: MotoGP 2016

#46 Post by solo 2 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm

While it doesn't look good for Rossi we're only half way through the season...Rossi needs more rain. Lorenzo once again proves that without perfect conditions and an early lead he can't ride to save his life. The Ducs will be the end of his career hopefully. Marquez is still the best rider but with his new attitude of settling for points he's no where near as exciting to watch.

JanBros

#47 Post by JanBros » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:55 pm

solo 2 wrote:While it doesn't look good for Rossi we're only half way through the season...Rossi needs more rain. Lorenzo once again proves that without perfect conditions and an early lead he can't ride to save his life. The Ducs will be the end of his career hopefully. Marquez is still the best rider but with his new attitude of settling for points he's no where near as exciting to watch.
I guess you are not a Lorenzo fan [smilie=g.gif]
if it runs, you can race it !

solo 2

#48 Post by solo 2 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:36 pm

JanBros wrote:
solo 2 wrote:While it doesn't look good for Rossi we're only half way through the season...Rossi needs more rain. Lorenzo once again proves that without perfect conditions and an early lead he can't ride to save his life. The Ducs will be the end of his career hopefully. Marquez is still the best rider but with his new attitude of settling for points he's no where near as exciting to watch.
I guess you are not a Lorenzo fan [smilie=g.gif]
What gave it away :smt003

Questo vecchio rz

#49 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Unfortunatley for us Non-Lorenzo fans the 2nd half of the season is his sweet spot, traditionally hes owned the last group of races and mounted two great combacks to win the Championship title :-(
However hard he may be to like, Hes a mind numbing quick smooth rider, I think theres a good chance he could be a winner straight away in the Ducati, the machine is proving capable, now with the world champion piloting one, its looking good for Ducati.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

solo 2

#50 Post by solo 2 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:19 am

A very entertaining race at Silverstone this weekend, has Lorenzo just decided to wait till next year to ride like a champion. I never watch qualifying so I was quite surprised with the grid. Vinales showed without a doubt why he's going to Yamaha next year, he's proven to be a scrapper and apparently can do a full on Lorenzo when given the chance. The fight for second and third was one of the longer, more intense battles I've seen. Marquez was back in form and there was no love lost between him and Rossi but Rossi prevailed. Great ride by Crutchlow again, proving he can actually play with the top guys. I hope this goes on for the rest of the season.

Questo vecchio rz

#51 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Yes it was entertaining for once.
Suzuki, really needed a win Davide is doing a really good job for the smaller manufacturer, and Maverick a real good pilot. Too bad hes going to Yamaha, It would be nice to see Suzuki retain a top shelf rider.
Rossi obviouslly was estatic after the race, saying it was funny that Marquez ran off the track twice, he said he had 3 black tiremarks on his leathers from Marquez as well & that he just stayed focused and ran his race with wrong tire selection as best he could.
The 1st run off, IMO looked like BS...to me. Yes he didnt gain position but he was well over 130 mph cutting the corner and dropped right back into place, he was so focused on beating Rossi he Rode past his limit & made two errors, and lost to his nemesis.

7 winners in 7 races now, we havent seen this in 16 years.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Questo vecchio rz

#52 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:37 pm

SPOILER...SO CLOSE YER EYES.

Its now 8 diffrent winners in 8 races, I beleive thats a 1st.

If Rossis bike did not blow up [smilie=focus.gif] in Italy ealier in the year, & that unfortunate DNF..he might be leading or fighting for tbe championship.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500