HISTORY! @ Chech Rep. (SPOILER)

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

HISTORY! @ Chech Rep. (SPOILER)

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Wow! Cal Crutchlow becomes the 1st British rider in almost 4 Decades to win a GP! And finally a win for LCR Honda.
Finally a exciting..good race! Rossi same as Crutchlow fights back from 15th & 16th in the pack to finish 2nd and takes over 2nd in the championship as well.
Be it Britsh humor or small stature mindset , He's a legend in his own mind..but still thouroghly fun to watch with his old school win or bin it style..but after years of crashing, hes now the 1st Bitish rider in practiclly a lifetime to stand on the top step. Very entertaining race.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

ghezzi

Re: HISTORY! @ Chech Rep. (SPOILER)

#2 Post by ghezzi » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Love the "whimps" comment.
I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

Questo vecchio rz

#3 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:23 am

ghezzi wrote:Love the "whimps" comment.
Yea, I thought that was rather peculiar, Even though hes known for his high opinion of himself, considering it was the high point of his motorcycle career and quite possibly his swan song.
Perhaps he was just being "cheeky" but it didnt sound that way. It was just a rather odd statement for the moment.

Whats thouroghly entertaining is the fact that Crutchlow and Iannone have been issued their walking papers @ seasons end and they both have won the last two GPs...quite ironic.
Score one for the little guys, in Crutchlows case quite literally, I never realized hes so small, possibly the catalyst behind his Mojo.
Damned impressive ride he put together.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

waltmil

#4 Post by waltmil » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 am

Another wet race, yawn. If everyone likes rain so much, I wonder why they don't put in sprinklers?
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

solo 2

#5 Post by solo 2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:34 pm

waltmil wrote:Another wet race, yawn. If everyone likes rain so much, I wonder why they don't put in sprinklers?
Was a damn exciting race, rain has a tendency to weed out the really good riders (Lorenzo) to the truly great riders, it also levels the playing field a bit as the rider becomes a bit more important than the machine he's riding. Some nice strategy too in some races with tire choice and when to change.

What exactly do you find so exciting about a train or a guy who can only seem to win if he's at the front in the dry, or 4 good laps at the very end of the race??

waltmil

#6 Post by waltmil » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Uh, the first races were not exciting? Dry races with multiple passes for the lead in the last turn or turns. You all hate Lorenzo so much, watering the track should be a no brainer.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

solo 2

#7 Post by solo 2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:19 am

waltmil wrote:Uh, the first races were not exciting? Dry races with multiple passes for the lead in the last turn or turns. You all hate Lorenzo so much, watering the track should be a no brainer.
I'm not saying the dry races are boring, though some are, just that rain has a tendency to make for a more interesting race overall by evening up the field. Neither of my faves won but it was nice to see Lorenzo struggle and then make a huge gaff just when he could have done something.