MotoGP Motegi. BIG, HUGE! spoiler.

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

MotoGP Motegi. BIG, HUGE! spoiler.

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:03 am

Marc Marquez, did Honda justice at the Twin Ring. Hondas most important race of the year at Hondas personal racetrack, by winning in a utterly dominant fashion and by doing so (claiming the 2016 world championship) He showed no fear and easily battled & upstaged Rossi & Lorenzo whom both crashed out attempting to keep Marquezs blistering pace, by them each retiring Marc is champion yet again...with 3 races still to go.

Hes now a 5x world champion in just 9 seasons, still so dammned young and ......he's getting better.

No matter what critics may try to say, This kid stands a (really good) almost easy chance or surpassing Rossi's 9 titles.

Consider this, If he races to Rossis age that gives him 15 more years to try!

He is going to be Hondas face of racing for many years I think, I cannot see them ever letting him go.

Its not fair to compare eras but for bragging rights he's already surpassed Freddie Spencers as the youngest ever, equaled Kenny Roberts winning in his 1st season & primer class titles, Equaled Mick Doohans total Gp records tally of 54 wins & now he is tied for all time pole positions. And as far as skillset goes, he watched & learned from Rossi, the pupil has become the master
All this by the age of just......24 years old.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

ghezzi

Re: MotoGP Motegi. BIG, HUGE! spoiler.

#2 Post by ghezzi » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:25 am

Far ken Alien I say!
When you consider that most of Rossi's titles were earned in the era of multiple tyre suppliers, and on race day Valentino as the No.1 Michelin rider, had the pick of special tyres created the night before. Stoner was about No.8 in the pecking order so switched to Bridgestone. When they finally produced a better tyre and Casey started winning on the Ducati, Mr. Rossi cried foul. Now we have control tyres and Mr. Rossi has lost the unfair advantage he held for so long.
That makes Marquez's achievements thus far, more outstanding than ever.

As much as I like his style, it's time for a new face to take the crown.
Next year I might cheer for Maverick, or Ianonne
I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

Questo vecchio rz

#3 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Actually hes only 23!

And by winning the championship, he also inherits Valentino Rossis record as the youngest 5x multiple class champion.

In addition he now holds Mike Hailwoods record as the youngest 3x primier class world champion.

And hes now only the 3rd rider in almost 70 years to win 5 or more races in each & every year hes raced, he joins the great Giacomi Agostini and Mike Hailwood.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

ghezzi

#4 Post by ghezzi » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Better be careful ........................ VR46 fans will stick pins in a rubber RZ
I'd rather ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow.

Questo vecchio rz

#5 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:07 pm

LOL...It is what it is, hes a great rider or Honda for that matter, the best. & most innovative motorcycle company. Give credit where credit is due...Its still fun to see them as the evil empire though due to their power.

Im a huge Rossi fan, if not for him I would likley have never followed GP racing after the "golden era". Obviouslly Im not alone, I do beleive without Rossi, Moto GP would have faulteted. Hes the global face which brings it all home.

But Marc is without question the next in line to the throne.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

solo 2

#6 Post by solo 2 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Every era/ decade has a dominant competitor and old records continue to fall, this guy may be the Gretzky of Moto GP for those who know hockey. I wouldn't put money against Marquez decimating every record for years to come but a lot can happen in just 1 season. There's nothing to say there isn't some kid on the horizon who will best Marquez and I think Rossi may stand alone going this far (age wise) in the modern era.

All I know is I'm already looking forward to next year with all the rider changes.

RuZty
-----
-----

#7 Post by RuZty » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Quite the season all around, eight winners in eight races, when has that happened in any major series? There is a lot of talent out there, good to see Crutchlow at the front, and Vinales is chomping at the bit, great to see another manufacturer mixing it up.

Questo vecchio rz

#8 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Next year we get KTMs entry as well on the grids. Its debuting at the final rd this year..even with a "tube frame" !
In KTM Factory colors it the best looking machine on the grid hands down.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

motosapien

#9 Post by motosapien » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 am

marc this marc that [smilie=roflmao.gif] [smilie=roflmao.gif] [smilie=roflmao.gif]

he just got lucky this year.
forzavale
2>4

Palolo
-----
-----

#10 Post by Palolo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 pm

I think Marquez and Rossi both are amazing. I don't get to see many races on tv and don't know much about Lorenzo he must be great too.

whyzee79

#11 Post by whyzee79 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:45 pm

He is the best at this time. I heard this talk about record breaking before. Tiger Woods, Ken Griffey Jr. A-Rod. Until he stays healthy enough to do this, Rossi is still the king for now. I also like watching his riding style and you are right, no one can keep up to him. Like Pedrozsa, Lorenzo is a big whiney baby. It is fun to watch Marc and Rossi trash him on the track.