Nicky Hayden in coma after accident

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Nicky Hayden in coma after accident

#1 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Sad, Sad news. Truly a nice dude and to hear news such as this is heartbreaking.

1st reports are hes was run over by a autombile while training and has suffered critical chest and skull injuries, and has been induced into a coma to help save his life.

It would be nice to see a recovery, and hopefully he does not suffer the same fate as Michael Shumacher. That would be just awful. For whats its worth I'll say a prayer.

I honestly believe that before the complex electronics came on board he was fully capable of racing with the best in the world, a completely natural rider he did prove that by beating Rossi for the title at the dawn of the electronics with the 990s flat track ability is fairly legendary along with his siblings.
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500

TCRZ88

Re: Nicky Hayden in coma after accident

#2 Post by TCRZ88 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nicky-hay ... 19086.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Live long, and smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Nicky Hayden in coma after accident

#3 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Fri May 19, 2017 2:10 pm

Unfortunately the news sounds quite bad, official public reports are 100% definite that he has suffered severe brain damage from bleeding in the skull the rest of injuries sound pretty horrific as well with pelvis, legs chest etcetera.

This is quite sadly ironic Bubba Shobert was one of Hayden's if not "his Idol" and I was at the race when Bubba suffered his career ending brain injury.

Sad news all the way around for his family. Outside of racing he really hasn't had much of a normal life until just lately when he decided to get serious about thinking about his future after racing with his soon to be wife.

The terrible accidents and deaths associated with motorcycle racers just seem to happen to the nicest people and the brightest stars.

That list just got one name longer :smt022
Banshee (Baja) race bike,+ 2 A Arms,L.E.Ds, Toomey, +4 stroker IMS tank, run flats.
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ/YZR bike(project)
86 VFR750 RC24 Merkel replica (project)
Royal Enfield Bullet 500