Boy the economy is bad!

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Boy the economy is bad!

#1 Post by Badass » Mon May 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Yes, the economy is so bad that Yamaha couldn't afford to put enough fuel in Ben's bike to finish the race :smt013
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

nokturnal
-----
-----

#2 Post by nokturnal » Mon May 11, 2009 8:58 pm

that was so sad. It would have really hotted up the championship seeing what happened in the second race.

T.RexRacing

#3 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon May 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Man put spoiler in the fuckin title dipshit!!!

This old RZ

Re: Boy the economy is bad!

#4 Post by This old RZ » Tue May 12, 2009 10:25 am

Badass wrote:Yes, the economy is so bad that Yamaha couldn't afford to put enough fuel in Ben's bike to finish the race :smt013
Well I suppose a disclaimer"spoiler" title wouldve worked but hell its was like three days ago??

I like that, whens the last time you watched a bike run out of fuel??
And only 100 yds from the end after 75 miles, the Ducatis were chewing @ his heels the entire race. But did you see the guy afterwards??

No bullshit hitting his bike or throwing shit,no sulking he just waved to the crowd talking to spectators then went right back to work!!

The europeans really like the kid..big time.The crowds were going wild during and after the race.
Im starting to think he might be the best pure racer EVER to come out of America. He might not have the world titles to go with such a statement He may not as the racing scene is so different now and dominated by europeans, But I think that kid is capable of winning on any given day whereever he goes. Hard to belive the guys from America and from Texas no doubt :smt005
Sometimes the best racer doesntwin the championship,remember Haydens championship a few years ago?? Rossi had some bad luck..theres ZERO doubt who the best rider is..and by a million miles its not even a contest. And your watching it it WSK this year..BY A ROOKIE Who really never has raced on the elite circuts of the world .

nberchem

#5 Post by nberchem » Tue May 12, 2009 12:33 pm

I couldn't agree more. How long do you think it will be before he gets a GP ride?

Nick

nokturnal
-----
-----

#6 Post by nokturnal » Tue May 12, 2009 2:16 pm

i bet he gets toselands ride next year.

nberchem

#7 Post by nberchem » Tue May 12, 2009 3:45 pm

I was thinking the same thing, or if Edwards retires...

Nick

Badass

#8 Post by Badass » Tue May 12, 2009 6:05 pm

T.RexRacing wrote:Man put spoiler in the fuckin title dipshit!!!
Man, what crawled up your but bro? O yeah, your head :smt003
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

This old RZ

#9 Post by This old RZ » Wed May 13, 2009 12:43 am

Badass wrote:
Man, what crawled up your but bro? :smt003
I feel his pain though...He was probably working 12 hr days and just didnt get time to ck it out, then the title had no warning, just not what youd expect for a race topic :smt005

He probpably started reading and then went AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. FUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK!!!!!!!!! :smt013 All the anticipation of sitting down and watching on the edge of your seat with a cold beer and chips....well...not its all gone... POOF!.... just like that :smt009

T.RexRacing

#10 Post by T.RexRacing » Wed May 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Badass wrote:
Man, what crawled up your but bro? O yeah, your head :smt003
Nothing up there at all.It's an exit but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.It's just zero tolerance for vapid thoughtlessness.And you cannot call me "bro".

nokturnal
-----
-----

#11 Post by nokturnal » Wed May 13, 2009 6:20 pm

You can not expect everyone in the world to be as hardcore about the racing as you (or I).

I stay off bike sites completely until I see the races. I learned very quickly that this is the only sure way to avoid being f_cked over.

Badass

#12 Post by Badass » Fri May 15, 2009 5:11 pm

I wont do that again, sorry guys. I was thinking it was even tuesday at the time and it had been seen by most. Personally I don't mind knowing the outcome, and if I do then I am careful. If I can't watch the race, but I have access to a computer, I will look, I just can't wait. The race and what happens during it are of the most importance to me not so much the outcome, but of coarse, that's just me.