RZ Frame modified MOTO3 project

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

motoholic71

Re: RZ Frame modified MOTO3 project

#46 Post by motoholic71 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:51 pm

What ever. Between the inicial misspells and the ludricus explanation that takes a new turn everytime it gets explained I'm sure no one else understood.Maybe it's time to go back to inside the box.

BTW the 150.000 swingarm is not going to preform to GP level.
You need to review chain and suspension geometry
output shaft should be below the line formed by the centres of the pivot and rear axle,othewise torque will compress the shock- basic mistake many wanna be builders do but with such special arm...Good luck
Ask me about the new free App i-wipe 2.0, the app that replaces toilet paper

ulsterman

#47 Post by ulsterman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I am sorry if you don't understand and I don't expect most people to ------ I try with the knowledge I have and that's all I can do --Wither this project works or not at least I will have tried and though I would just put it onto a site because I ran RZ racing bikes for more than a few yrs and though it would interest some people with the ideas

Laird Shingleton

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#48 Post by aaronmvrider » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 pm

keep at it... are you planning to race it ?? competition ??
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

ulsterman

#49 Post by ulsterman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 am

The Plan is to Race it in Canada at a regional series in Ontario and if I can beat my 125 times at the Track I have been racing at for 22yrs I will take it to Northern Ireland for Road racing -------Armoy/MId-Antrim/Dundrod and Ulster for there MOTO3 race --------I raced at the Ulster Grand Prix this year and finished 12th averaging 90mph over 7 miles or 4min 56sec----------
I have raced in Northern Ireland road races since 2006 at these tracks -------------The 125s I been on are doing 127 to 130 mph on the straight so this bike will have to be that fast
If you do a Google check on my name will show you some of the results and past photos
No superstar but been around awhile

J.A.W.

#50 Post by J.A.W. » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:04 am

Looking forward to seeing a dyno run of your machine up on youtube..
Proof of the puddin' as it were..

EEKNOWS

#51 Post by EEKNOWS » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

ulsterman wrote:The WR250 and YZF250 have 5 valves per cylinder -------First cycle exhaust to front with 2 valves and 2nd cycle exhaust to rear with 3 valves ----------so that's two exhaust valve opening in two full rotations of the Crank ----------The injection cycle --------Exhaust opens at 45deg after tdc and pressure drops to 100psi minus at 90 deg crank and then air injection to 225 at exhaust closing -----10 deg of direct fuel injection and all under 100psi !!!!!!---14/1 ratio---Cylinder pressure 0 to 45 I don't care and by 90 exhaust has been open 45 deg---------------With using the Front exhaust for the first rotation and then the Rear----- which used to be the intake the cam speed doesn't change only they are 180 deg apart from the first 45------------TPS from the WR we have taken the signal and using it to control mass air flow valve and this is used as the motor accelerator ----------There more but will keep that to my self until you figure this one out ---------Your chart was right as I have seen many times before and so is mine ------------I don't think in Boxes !!!!!!!!!! and fingers crossed it all works if not ah well I tried
You'll get to know every marshal ,every short cut back to the pits and fastest it will go will be on the trailer to the track. I can sort of work out what your doing, but I'm with motoholic on the ability of an air pump to supply volumes needed. Most programmable ignitions we use have a 0.1 deg resolution. Why would you not have proof of concept on a cheap pit bike motor? Yamaha ditched 5 valves when Rossi started winning on Furusawa's 4 valve motor.
anti crank welding stike force

motoholic71

#52 Post by motoholic71 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29 am

Because it doesn't work.And if it did it wouldn't make power.
Power is about volumetric efficiency /time and I see no evidence of that,do you?

J.A.W.

#53 Post by J.A.W. » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Per M/71's comments at the top of this page - on final drive chain/swingarm angularity..
..it does seem the mill is mounted too high in the frame, & what gearbox ratios are you running?
WR=Wide Ratio, no?

ulsterman

#54 Post by ulsterman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:48 pm

The engine in this picture was not mounted fully yet and if someone would have noticed the bolt along the bottom of the motor would realize it is not in its final place ---when I took this I was waiting on the rear sprocket from Vortex to do the motor Alignment from side to side and then finish the install ---------the Frame and Swing arm and setting were drawn in master cam which also did the programing for the swing arm/top triple tree -------The whole frame from the spigot is dropped to accommodate the 17 inch wheels -If you look at the rear axle it moves forward so not adjusting the head angle at chain adjustments nor ride high---the right-side mounted shock will be eventually be an Ohlin's as its based around a 2013 R6 road model-this will allow for ride high adjustment----------The Motor in the picture is my mock up motor but the one finishing up in the bike I am working on is the Wr250R/X This is the six speed version use in enduro and super moto ------There is so many things on this bike that were done MASTERCAM/ALLENBRADLEY/FANUC/ and the micro electronics is another world on its own and not programmed by me --------the injectors are being installed in the barrel/cylinder at present and I had a huge set back today with it but it ended up all good in the end ---------The PlC has now been removed as we have finished with some programming basses and to be honest my biggest problem is cash as always -So hoping of trying to get it ready for the Toronto Motor cycle super show in Jan but its becoming hard

nokturnal
-----
-----

#55 Post by nokturnal » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:25 pm

some updated pics from Laird

:smt017

ulsterman

#56 Post by ulsterman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

Last edited by ulsterman on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motoholic71

#57 Post by motoholic71 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:16 pm

That screen is obviously part of a I.C.E. test or lab facility, can't see what could be used for otherwise
Hey Where can I get a RZ framed GP bike with 3 3\4 stroke engine and a 150.000$ swingarm with touchscreen and 120VAC outlet ?I could plug in my philishave ?
Just joking.I hope your well.
This was an od and funny topic. And craaaaz....

tankslap

#58 Post by tankslap » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 am

I think you have to be pretty brave, thick skinned and convinced of your ideas to post a build on a forum for public scrutiny. Maybe all three.
Good on you for sharing. Makes for interesting rubber necking.
The design of the swing arm looks heavy as in not much pocketing to reduce weight.
Is this a prototype version or have I missed something in the pics?
The pics of the bike out side look really good and give some indication of a solid concept.
Some of the engine stuff is a bit beyond me though.
Keep it up.

ulsterman

#59 Post by ulsterman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks for your comments
I put ideas on like the sub frame and the swing arm and I sure hope It gives people a different set of ideas
I have no software to do FMEA for the swing arm design so I made solid and pocketed as much as I could for now
Its actually pretty light and has two wheel bearings pressed in to the arm at the swing arm pivot for stability
I can always lighten after I find out how it is working and also the center piece can be made into a torsion arm to vary the swing arm stiffness if needed --It also was made like this because of the motor for the bigger bike so the parts were interchangeable ---Its a tough road to travel trying new stuff but I fixed a problem in work this week with a new design on a Japanese OKK milling machine that may help bring the sponsorship I need to finish this project -fingers crossed

nokturnal
-----
-----

#60 Post by nokturnal » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:05 am

:smt017