RZ Frame modified MOTO3 project

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

motoholic71

Re: RZ Frame modified MOTO3 project

#31 Post by motoholic71 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 pm

What weird looking equipment to put on a bike.assembled on household switchboard rail?

I`m not being a smart ass but never seen automotive gear so bulky frágil and with cooling vents!?

would it be parts from a some kind of test bench to temporary to test/tune a system ?

but the swingarm looks good is 6061 alloy?

So this engine will disregard the exahust potencial and inject air to clear the chamber?

Isn't the required energy for that would exceed a workshop compressor,or is there a turbo or supercharger a roots blower involved?

Please excuse me all the ???? but can't wrap mi brain round dat-racing you say? very interested and wishing successs here!
Ask me about the new free App i-wipe 2.0, the app that replaces toilet paper

ulsterman

#32 Post by ulsterman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am

The Rail if you look at it is called Din rail -----highley flexable and is industrial strength for exterme vibration
It is use in advance electronics to secure componenet
It looks bigger that it is and actually if you take alook it all fits under the seat and weights less that a battery -take alook at the seat picture before and after
12vdc system inverted to 300w /120ac to run the PLC/ECU which inturns runs a 24v dc system for all componants
()
Enigne
When the Exhaust valve opens what pressure is the cylinder pressure at ?--------180 psi/deg of crank - 180 psi being 12.5 compression ratio for the cylinder
Thats 1 psi drop per deg of crank ------open the Exhaust at 45-90 deg and you are 180-45 to 90deg and your pressure is falling off to atmosphere
Inject air with a supply up to 150psi and clear the cylinder ------Valve closes and DGI for last 90 deg
()
There is a large car company has bult one with this design and have raced it already -we talk often and there from Germany !!!!
Theres even more to it like variable chamber volume that is now to put in lay mans terms your swept volume thus given you the ablitily to change HP by varing the Head volume !!!!!!
The PLC/ECU is there for what is called open architecture so i can deveople the software program and then put into a closed micro electronic box
I also own the patent to the older 3 stroke motor which gives you 2 power strokes in six instead of 8
We will see --------I only can try ------Projects i have worked on already -just a few -------Viper/Corvette/-Audi VW four wheel for all 2012 plus cars
I dont live in paradymes and will give anything a go-------it doesnt work ah well at least i tryed ----Most of the stuff on this bike is out of the reach of even the most advacned car and custom places-----------The PLC is worth 5,000--the touch screen 2,000--the software to program them 10,000-----R and d for the swing arm 150,000 -----------But i have 3 trades and a racing guy at heart ------------------and ps Love RZ/s
Last edited by ulsterman on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motoholic71

#33 Post by motoholic71 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Ok I thought the bike was to actually race in that trim,hard to imagine the bike pass a technical check or a fall down with that gear plus can't imagine nothing but a big car battery to fulfill such needs.so I was skeptic.

weight and simplicity are big concern when I have to decide wether or not to use a new part.
Last edited by motoholic71 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ulsterman

#34 Post by ulsterman » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Its all good conversation -------The way bikes are going now the Moto classes are turning out cookie cutter machines and the restriction are ment to keep anyone form playing in there back yard --------There been a few guys of insperation over the years and John Britten /Joey Dunlop would have been some of them -------Just a different way of thinking -----We all make mistakes and errors but its realizing them early and try something different ------------------I went the PLC way on here because i have total access to programming and not just another software package developed by someone who knows nothing about bikes -----Also if i get stuck i have so many people can help me with that style of programming and hardware -----------------Take alook at the sub frame ----------its so hard to get an after market one but to be honest this is such a cheap option------If you look how i connected it to the frame it is a slip yoke u-- joint thought a plate for R6 shock mounts and it can be changed to fit and seat style if you want -----I believe in trying and if i fail will try again -------If i get 50 percent right will be all good -------Also if you take a closer look at the subframe mount on to the frame them are 14mm bolts thought the plate from the bottom and the subframe plate is tapped and then a sealed nut --------this is called dual redundancey built in to protect against failure ---Have an awesome day and all questions welcome ----the only stupid one is the one never asked !!!!!!!
Laird
Last edited by ulsterman on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

motoholic71

#35 Post by motoholic71 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:14 pm

Glad to see such exclusive means and will dedicated to the subject I love,all I can do is wish you success and I'm looking forward to see the progress,even though to be honest this is all new to me have yet to fully understand the concept/advantages behind it,so keep us posted please.

nokturnal
-----
-----

#36 Post by nokturnal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:56 am

:smt017

nokturnal
-----
-----

#37 Post by nokturnal » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 am

More pics

:smt017

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#38 Post by aaronmvrider » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:43 pm

oohhh... tasty...
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

EEKNOWS

#39 Post by EEKNOWS » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:22 am

ulsterman wrote: Enigne
When the Exhaust valve opens what pressure is the cylinder pressure at ?--------180 psi/deg of crank - 180 psi being 12.5 compression ratio for the cylinder
Thats 1 psi drop per deg of crank ------open the Exhaust at 45-90 deg and you are 180-45 to 90deg and your pressure is falling off to atmosphere
Inject air with a supply up to 150psi and clear the cylinder ------Valve closes and DGI for last 90 deg
(
A few things I don't understand, what creates the pressure drop in the cylinder or that rely on a air pump? There are several errors in your maths with comp ratios and the clanger above. If I have cranking PSI of 180 then after the intake charge goes bang cylinder pressure will be higher than 180psi. I would think this graph more realistic
This stroke is where the spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, creating very high cylinder pressure which rise very quickly. Peak cylinder pressures near TDC (where spark occurs) will be in the range of 300 psi for engine's at light loads, to 1000 psi for production engines at full power to 1500 psi or greater for race engines. This is where the engine's power comes from, as it forces the piston down. As the piston goes down, the cylinder volume increases which reduces the cylinder pressure. When the piston gets to the bottom on the cylinder (BDC) there may only be 100 to 500 psi in the cylinder.
anti crank welding stike force

Smoker

#40 Post by Smoker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:51 am

How much HP can you make with your modified WR250 engine?

You have some fantastic mods to look at!

South_Oz
-----
-----

#41 Post by South_Oz » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:03 am

Whats the seat-tail piece off?

Dave
RZ 250 85 (Waiting)
RZ 250 85 (Parts)
RGV VJ21 250, Australian Speed Record Holder, MPS/G 250, 140.5 MPH
BMW R1100S 99 (Its Red)
BMW R1200GS (Its BIG)

http://www.dlra.org.au/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

motoholic71

#42 Post by motoholic71 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 pm

All right then where is that so called air injector that will scavenge the cylinder?? ,there are 2 strokes with 4 over head exhaust valves instead of exaust ports (like Diesel 2 strokes) and they are only slow turning lab machines with low power, 2 strokes need exhaust chambers to make power and chambers need a clear big exhaust port to work

More real info please, I don't buy this
this very outlandish;
from 12V to 120V/300W AC(on a bike!? :smt103 ) and then back down to 24V(you need a truck battery just to feed that and a bulky inverter)
The engine process you describe is(sorta) Diesel 2 stroke and requires a blower and will be very Heavy and not allowed to race (in moto3?)
All I'v seen is a bunch of indoors industrial eletric hardware that clearly belongs inside a switch board(with DiN rail) and a 150.000$ swing arm :smt035

ulsterman

#43 Post by ulsterman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:05 pm

The Seat is From a 2002 plus RS250 Honda
Swing arm -----One side of the swing arm took three different set ups or operation on a cnc----if you payed a CNC shop to do this work it is 25,000 per setup and 10 times the production price for each one produced -This is normal for Development work in the auto industry--That's why one off carbs for an RC30 used to cost 100,000 --If I start to post the stuff for my motor without it finished would not be to smart---------I keep saying the PLC is for development of the engine software package and will be removed ---its response time in around .001ms where as the micro logic is .000001 -in laymans terms it means the reaction time in 0.5 deg of crank rotation at 10,000 instead of 60deg ---------the air flow is being controled by the electronics not the pressure !!!-But you right the proof is in the pudding and the injectors are being installed in the Barrel--form a Cadilliac CTS fuel rail -----------I can only try ---I made a brilliant break through since the last post on the Crank position sensor and cam timing-------------------This motor should be in the 55 to 65 hp range for a single 250 ------Current moto3 bikes are around 47hp -------Fast two stroke Aprillia 125 was 59hp

motoholic71

#44 Post by motoholic71 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:24 pm

How will you scavenge the cylinder? how will you move the amount of air necessary by a valve hole If not the piston then Only a blower or a turbo have power to do that.Or the tuned exhaust but it wont work well enough through 2 overhead exhaust valves .
How will you blow air to clear the cylinder??You talk about an air injector-There is no electronic device capable of supplying 250 cc of air in lets say 130 deg of crank at 10.000rpm and yet fit the bike-it would require huge amount of electric power to do so-it's only physics,right?
Because that is what the engine will ask for =250X10.000rpm=2500 Liters of air or more per minute
It simply don't make sense sorry.Something is not right and I think it's not me

Aprilia 125 RSA had 56 hp on a good day,the guys whom built the bike will gladly talk about it a Pit Lane Biz fórum,even I had the pleasure to see my questions about 2 stroke awnsered by them

ulsterman

#45 Post by ulsterman » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:00 pm

The WR250 and YZF250 have 5 valves per cylinder -------First cycle exhaust to front with 2 valves and 2nd cycle exhaust to rear with 3 valves ----------so that's two exhaust valve opening in two full rotations of the Crank ----------The injection cycle --------Exhaust opens at 45deg after tdc and pressure drops to 100psi minus at 90 deg crank and then air injection to 225 at exhaust closing -----10 deg of direct fuel injection and all under 100psi !!!!!!---14/1 ratio---Cylinder pressure 0 to 45 I don't care and by 90 exhaust has been open 45 deg---------------With using the Front exhaust for the first rotation and then the Rear----- which used to be the intake the cam speed doesn't change only they are 180 deg apart from the first 45------------TPS from the WR we have taken the signal and using it to control mass air flow valve and this is used as the motor accelerator ----------There more but will keep that to my self until you figure this one out ---------Your chart was right as I have seen many times before and so is mine ------------I don't think in Boxes !!!!!!!!!! and fingers crossed it all works if not ah well I tried