Predicts for the Jerez race?

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

tobster

Re: Predicts for the Jerez race?

#16 Post by tobster » Fri May 10, 2013 8:32 am

Badass wrote:...I would be pissed if some young yahoo was threatening my health by comming up the inside and making me crash!............
Presumably that is why you are not a top racer? Lorenzo was pissed BECAUSE he knew he had screwed up as he hadn't realised Marquez was that close, not because it was a life/health threatening move (which it clearly wasn't). He left the door WIIIIIDE open and got punished for it. He won't do that again.
Who crashed? I must have missed that......
Badass wrote:...There is something to be said for respecting the TOP riders in the world! .............
Gasp!!!! how do you become a TOP rider if that doesn't include overtaking given the opportunity. Are you trying to tell me Lorenzo has never done a block pass? Perhaps Marquez is already a TOP rider???
We should be happy. We (the spectators) finally have a rider who is prepared to push hard for even 2nd place rather than ride for points (like Lorenzo has been doing for too long). Interesting times are ahead. Can Lorenzo and Pedrosa re-find their racing skills that they've clearly lost over the last 2 years as only Rossi kept them honest (as he's been on a 2 year performance sabatical!!!)?? Stoner used to whinge when Rossi passed him and not many sided with Stoner? What has changed?

Badass

#17 Post by Badass » Fri May 10, 2013 9:06 pm

waltmil wrote:The only part that bothered me is that Marquez is on a Honda. I just hope they are stupid enough to insult him at contract time like they did Rossi.

Not really the clearest point, but I think I get what you are saying.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

Badass

#18 Post by Badass » Fri May 10, 2013 11:06 pm

tobster wrote:
Badass wrote:...I would be pissed if some young yahoo was threatening my health by comming up the inside and making me crash!............
Presumably that is why you are not a top racer? Lorenzo was pissed BECAUSE he knew he had screwed up as he hadn't realised Marquez was that close, not because it was a life/health threatening move (which it clearly wasn't). He left the door WIIIIIDE open and got punished for it. He won't do that again.
Who crashed? I must have missed that......
Clearly this is not why I am not a top racer lol. This was "clearly" not a health threatening move?
' well it could have been. He did leave the door open but Marquez was also WAY wide and if he didn't use Lorenzo as a berm he would have been even wider. I do give Marquez lots of credit for not taking them both out it was a great move.
Badass wrote:...There is something to be said for respecting the TOP riders in the world! .............
Gasp!!!! how do you become a TOP rider if that doesn't include overtaking given the opportunity. Are you trying to tell me Lorenzo has never done a block pass? Perhaps Marquez is already a TOP rider???
We should be happy. We (the spectators) finally have a rider who is prepared to push hard for even 2nd place rather than ride for points (like Lorenzo has been doing for too long). Interesting times are ahead. Can Lorenzo and Pedrosa re-find their racing skills that they've clearly lost over the last 2 years as only Rossi kept them honest (as he's been on a 2 year performance sabatical!!!)?? Stoner used to whinge when Rossi passed him and not many sided with Stoner? What has changed?
It is clear to me Marquez IS a TOP rider there is no question about that, and he made that race exciting. "Can Lorenzo and Pedrosa re-find their racing skills that they've clearly lost over the last 2 years" Whoa? you think they have lost their racing skills? that's kind of funny. It's all good brother just some good old smack talk keeps the soul fired up.
Dam I don't know how to use the quotes very well lol.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.