Predicts for the Jerez race?

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

Badass

Predicts for the Jerez race?

#1 Post by Badass » Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Come on you two stroke nuts lets not let this site die!

I'll take Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa, Rossi, Dovi,

Pedrosa is capable of being in the top three all year long, Rossi not so much. But if Rossi will not give in to his ego and just stay smooth he might come in second. "Smooth wins the race" is my mantra for this race. This could be said for most races but considering all the front end crashes and the slippery conditions this is why I picked who I did.
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

This old RZ

Re: Predicts for the Jerez race?

#2 Post by This old RZ » Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 am

I was late to the party watched it already but my picks would have been.... Lorenzo, Pedrosa , Marquez vs. Rossi.

I like the way it turned out, The winner made it look as easy as driving and talking on a cell phone. The careless last lap / last corner maneuver by "you know who " almost was a predictable disaster...but that's his style damn to torpedoes and full speed ahead & take no prisoners. I'm totally in awe of his ability to not crash, and crash often. The old Casey stoner quote applies so much to this rider "your ambition outweighed your talent" HOW HE WAS ABLE TO CONTROL, EITHER BY TALENT OR LUCK...OR BOTH DURING THE MULTIPLE INSTANCES IN THIS RACE...WAS SPECTACULAR. I'm glad he didn't get hurt or hurt anyone else :smt023
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#3 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 am

old rz... careless maneuver ..... thats racing and a calculated decision..... Rossi has done it... Lorenzo has .... Stoner has..... Simoncelli has... the list goes on... that is racing.... bring on more of it.... i had a fast heart rate watching the premier class .... when has that happened in the last 5-6 years regularly.... yes it was for 2nd but he was banking on lorenzo running wide on most challenges and had to pull out of his dedicated line... so he didn't take them both out... he was quicker than rossi and smashed his ability with juvenile brilliance and defeated the world champ at his own game.... all the gay finger waving in the world wont change the record books

you might as well watch hornby train races on 1 track if you dont like last corner dives for position

?????? any warning issued to marquez for the pass ???????
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#4 Post by This old RZ » Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Gay finger waving? are you serious... You silly boy :smt008 lol :smt002 I wont tell anyone your a member of the Marc fanboy club, if you don't tell the guys I am too. Did you get the 4x4 signed wall poster also? :smt002 :smt003

Sure its racing..and it was careless....that's racing. You make moves sometimes you cant/shouldn't try..sometimes it works...sometimes it does not. If people were not careless there would never be crashes...racing is all about pushing your ability as well as your machines..often you go beyond what either is capable of..thats a definition in some respects of careless.

I don't think many people I know have been as supportive of Marc Marquez (Rossi/esqe) talent as I have. Rossi was his hero and its plain as day that their riding is so similar of Rossi when he charged through the ranks and dominated for close to a decade. This kid could be his son....lol. Its rough and tumble..just like Rossi. Rossi has done it to everyone and they all cried ...none more than Casey Stoner. hell even Biaggi punched him in the face.
Marc was penalized several times in MOTO2 for this, it didn't stop him from bashing his way through everyone to the top. I like him and his style..but this was also the style of Simonchelli albeit he didn't have the ability Marc has. He's going to be exciting to watch, I'm guessing he's also going to have some incidents...but like you said that's racing. Let the cards fall where they may. This kid could win it all in his 1st attempt. Its quite possible that anyone will be able to beat the trio of Spaniards for many years to come.
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#5 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm

This old RZ wrote:Gay finger waving?

just so you understand... i was reffering to Lorenzo's responses :smt018 on podium and in par fume ... would not shake hands with Marquez
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

This old RZ

#6 Post by This old RZ » Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

aaronmvrider wrote:
This old RZ wrote:Gay finger waving?

just so you understand... i was reffering to Lorenzo's responses :smt018 on podium and in par fume ... would not shake hands with Marquez

Oh that's right I read about that! LOL! Guys become so accustomed to winning and running away and not being challenged anymore its a wake up call and they get unnerved. Stoner just about had a heart attack when Rossi did the corkscrew move on him @ Laguna seca. I've been to 2 dozen races at Laguna, frankly Id have to side with stoner a lil bit, as that is a 3 story drop after a 160mph uphill blast away then a flip flop onto your left side ,instantly followed my a flop to the right on a express elevator, its a very demanding, dangerous section of track and to ride off track, into the gravel while making a pass that the rider in front of you has 100% protected!....WAS INSANE!!! And to be able to pull that off without crashing is ENTIRELY MIND BOGGLING.
That's the same action were going to get with Marquez, just as Rossi was the most fearless rider of the last 2 generations of GP and MOTOGP, this kid is on a scorched earth policy...Fu$king crazy lunatic with big time skills...and brass balls the size of OX.

Badass

#7 Post by Badass » Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Badass wrote:Come on you two stroke nuts lets not let this site die!

I'll take Lorenzo, Marquez, Pedrosa, Rossi, Dovi,

Pedrosa is capable of being in the top three all year long, Rossi not so much. But if Rossi will not give in to his ego and just stay smooth he might come in second. "Smooth wins the race" is my mantra for this race. This could be said for most races but considering all the front end crashes and the slippery conditions this is why I picked who I did.
I should have stuck with my original thoughts as I would have been much closer. My original thought was that a lack of traction would produce a honda one two, but I am Yamaha biased because I grew up riding them. And I thought because it was the front end they were having issues with that the Yams would do better. All in all it was still close racing. I do agree Marquez could win it all but I would like to see someone else get it! Like Rossi that would be cool. WSBK is still where it is at. It's hard to tell who is going to win or even get in the top three.
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#8 Post by aaronmvrider » Tue May 07, 2013 8:47 pm

imagine if Marquez beats Pedrosa on his rooky year for championship title... i think he will be very sad
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

Badass

#9 Post by Badass » Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 pm

I just viewed the pass and it was clearly just getting in too hot and he did a good job of keeping it upright and not taking out both of them. Was it a crappy move? maybe, if it was intended to happen that way. In my opinion there is not a problem until people are hitting the ground? so what is all the hub hub about? laughs.

How do you guys like the new front brake lever protectors, good stuff, perhaps should have been done a long time ago.

crazydiablo

#10 Post by crazydiablo » Tue May 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Is this Lorenzo? Someone digged this video up. You reap what you sow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zVu5sVQ0ZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1984 RZ350 YPVS 31K
1987 RD350 A/C
2009 Husqvarna SM610

Badass

#11 Post by Badass » Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Nice find, thanks good stuff. Hey they were kids, what can you expect?

crazydiablo

#12 Post by crazydiablo » Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 pm

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/201 ... p_par.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1984 RZ350 YPVS 31K
1987 RD350 A/C
2009 Husqvarna SM610

Badass

#13 Post by Badass » Thu May 09, 2013 8:31 pm

crazydiablo, Thanks for the news link, good stuff. While I think it makes for good racing I would be pissed if some young yahoo was threatening my health by comming up the inside and making me crash! There is something to be said for respecting the TOP riders in the world! There is also the issue of karma lol. It's just a good thing that it wasn't worse.

waltmil

#14 Post by waltmil » Thu May 09, 2013 9:16 pm

The only part that bothered me is that Marquez is on a Honda. I just hope they are stupid enough to insult him at contract time like they did Rossi.
Red/White US '84, Spec II pipes, Y-boot w/K&N, Fox Shock, Mikuni carbs?

GPL Racing

#15 Post by GPL Racing » Thu May 09, 2013 9:49 pm

waltmil wrote:The only part that bothered me is that Marquez is on a Honda. I just hope they are stupid enough to insult him at contract time like they did Rossi.

Why would they do that?