WHOS GONNA WIN LE MANS GP

Road racing, drag racing, motocross, vintage - anything racing related discuss it here!

Moderator: rztom

This old RZ

WHOS GONNA WIN LE MANS GP

#1 Post by This old RZ » Sat May 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Just for fun, Marq Marquez has done it again. Qualified for the Le Mans GP in pole position on his 1st ever attempt there!!!

IMPRESSIVE RIDER! Marquez qualified 1st, Lorenzo 2nd, Pedrosa is believe is 8th ,Rosssi 9th, Dovisioso is on the front row on the DUCATI,Crutchlow crashed very bad in practice,aparantly they closed the race track as a result, but eventually made it to 4th grid position. Hes certainly making what might be his final year riding for Yamaha on a 2nd tier machine interesting :smt023

MY PICKS :Marquez 1st ,2nd Lorenzo, then Pedrosa 3rd. The start should be interesting as Pedrosa is capable to get near the front of by the 1st corner, but a high probability of a Marquez related incident solo or tandem..Hes ultra fast..but a little bit of "totally out of control" :smt005 still he could go down anytime,if hes in the midst of a heated exchange.

I think the Ducati,will fade well back to 7th -8th,Rossi will move up to 4th-6th with Bradl and Crutchlow, but Crutchlow injuries are unkown I don't think he nor his bike is capable of making a move on the Honda riders. If he rides the race of his life, I think he is capable of 1st runner up after the usual Alien trio.
Rossi will decide within a few laps if hes gonna be able to go for it or just grab points. It will all depend on the start for him if everyone makes it through the 1st couple laps. If it wasn't for a youngster named Marquez Rossi would be locked in a 3 way battle for 1st place in the championship...Damn KIDS! :smt005

THE HONDAS REALLY SEEM TO HAVE THE ADVANTAGE THIS YEAR! EVERYTHING IS CLICKING, Only Lorenzos glass smooth consistant riding is enabling him to compete on the Yamaha

IF IT RAINS IM GOING WITH LORENZO THEN ROSSI OR DOVI IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER,IF ROSSI IS IN THE WET AND GETS TO THE FRONT IN QUICK FASHION ,ILL PICK HIM AS A WET RACE WINNER...WELL SEE?
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

Badass

Re: WHOS GONNA WIN LE MANS GP

#2 Post by Badass » Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I think you covered it all, no need for me to pick? lol
Two strokes keep the mosquito's in check!!
1984RZ350 Bought with 2,600 mi. in 1998
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

This old RZ

#3 Post by This old RZ » Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Damn I was close but no cigar in various scenarios...lol. The Yamahas obviously had the wrong wet set up,when you have Lorenzo drop that far back and Rossi go down, theres a bike issue. Dovi was doing it in the rain! Cruthlow, also did a good job in the rain,Im sure bieing acclimated to constant wet weather in England was a good training for him. He was pumped up too, Too bad it seems Yamaha is going to sack him anyways :smt009 I wonder if HONDA is thinking of another trio team for next year?
Pedrosa, always the underdog in everyones book....kicked ass today...again. And Marquez...what can you say after falling back to 12th on the 1st lap was literally less than a lap from overtaking Crutchlow for 2nd by the finish line..that kid it truly amazing.

Even though its only 4 races into the season..it looks like a sure thing for HONDA this year...so far. Only Lorenzo will have a chance at stopping the Honda juggernuaght but it doesn't look like the Yamaha is up to the challenge this year?
HAPPY 30th YAMAHA YVPS 350 1983-2013. DONT OVER THINK IT , JUST BUILD IT AND BE JUST AS FAST AND RELIABLE

aaronmvrider
-----
-----

#4 Post by aaronmvrider » Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 am

great tactics from marquez... i think it was direction from honda executive.... sit and wait for last 10 lap dash
1 x 4mm stroker rz 375cc 1983
1 x 7mm stroker rz 443cc 1984 (under construction)
1 x rz 500
1 x mv agusta 1000

Badass

#5 Post by Badass » Mon May 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Is it just me or has Yamaha stuck with the same philosophy for to long? It seems honda has built a bike that works best for the situation and Yamaha has just stuck to the "Nimble Handling is the most important over what works for the job" Would Jorge kick but on a honda or is it just all relevent to everything jiving with bike, rider, crew and luck? If you put a Rossi on the Honda would he be top three/four?
SpecII Pipes, Complete engine rebuild, 30's, S. 1 Porting, Clutch, Self ported reed cages, T.D.R. reeds, Fork brace, Steering damper.

mkane

#6 Post by mkane » Mon May 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Whoever's got the biggest kahuna's going to win. At the moment it's Pedrosa & the kid.

This old RZ

#7 Post by This old RZ » Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

Badass wrote:Is it just me or has Yamaha stuck with the same philosophy for to long? It seems honda has built a bike that works . If you put a Rossi on the Honda would he be top three/four?
Besides the Yamaha ,issues..It was a decent race/ HUh? :smt002 The rain is always a nail biter.

There where some that said that the HONDA was the reason Rossi dominated early in his GP career, He went to Yamaha and proved every critic wrong :smt002 Rossi is still a top 3-4 rider, even on the Yamaha. He's lived up to that pretty much so far this year.
Regardless of YAMAHA , and DUCATIS success, HONDA has always had the most innovative, advanced ,ground breaking racing motorcycles. What they bring to the table and offer from trickle down technology, has been nothing short of awesome. There the biggest, and they spend the most ,with the most research and development and they make pretty good decisions on their riders. Since the 80s its been,
Freddie Spencer, Doing the double no doubt!,well never see that again.
Wayne Gardner, Just a Bad Ass ,BIG BALLS rider.
Eddie Lawson, Yamaha pissed him off, so he tamed the brutal Honda for the title (ALL 2 STROKECHAMPIONS)
Mick Doohan, Another BAD ASS rider from AUS, 5 world titles.
Valentino Rossi, we all know hat he did for them.

Nicky Hayden, Another world GP title for them and Superbike champion
Casey Stoner,1st season with Honda and became World champion

Badass

#8 Post by Badass » Tue May 21, 2013 7:53 pm

This old RZ
I did not get to see the race damit but I guess the Yamaha can't always be the top dog. I guess financially they are having a tough year also. I think Lorenzo would dominate on the Honda or at least be on top more often.

I have liked Cruthlow, Sykes and Laverty ever since I watched them race for Yamaha in WSBK. I think Yam should have tried to keep some of these guys in WSBK on their bikes. I also think they should have gone back to the old firing order for the R1 but at this point it looks like V4's might be the future. I guess Motogp is more important for generating some kind of revenu for someone and that is why they have pulled out of WSBK, sad.