what to do with it ?

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

Bare

Re: what to do with it ?

#16 Post by Bare » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Zedixe13 wrote:With the LC's price going up , I'm putting back together a part bike that I have . I have no project for it at the moment so I'm
just bolting it loose and setting it aside in the basement , I can live with that .

Prices Going Up..Really? I Had no idea.
For years 350's were worth hundreds.. mebe a ~K$ on the left coast of Canada.
Somethings' changed?
Bulk of the Moto riders I see 'here" are retired fat guys on HD's or facsimile and a few suicidal Kids on (often Clapped out) crotch rockets.

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#17 Post by LC Cnd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 pm

Bare wait till spring and I suspect you'll get the fever to finish it up - especially when the sounds of motorcycles awaken. As for the rotund retiries on hogs, well I hear them complainaing at the local Tim's (CND coffee shop) quitely lamenting they can't balance the weight of their bikes at stops signs without having a coronary coming on or tittering over - "I've fallen and can't get up!". Sadly witnessed it at a stop light. Now Baby Boomers are looking for lighter weight bikes (not all) with punch - perhaps RD/RZ's or a comparable starter bike fm their youth their current body strenght can handle. Smart. Yep, prices are climbing.

evan_calgary

#18 Post by evan_calgary » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:00 pm

It also goes back to having fun on a motorcycle...the current crop of sportbikes are Hella fast but it's almost too much. Something with some character is fun which is what motorcycling is about. There are still tons of these bikes but just collecting dust in basements. There are what, 21 rz or lc between 5 of us here in Calgary...and those are the active guys...

Bare

#19 Post by Bare » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Wasn't on about ole Fat guys as much as that Cruisers are the more commonly seen Bike.
Apparently 75% of Moto licences are held by over 65's in BC :-)
I like crotch Rockets, have a bought new 600RR in my garage, not a lot of usage actually but ideal for renewing one's Religion.
Yes I like the idea of a building an ersatz TZ but it's unlikely to happen. My Attention has wandered.
Was curious about the erm.. Prices for an LC.. in 2016 In Canada.
Wasn't aware of a huge following for '80s 2 strokes .. 'here'
I do read these are foolishly high priced in Museum England. Old seems a Religious quest there :-)
However that's on the other side of the Planet and an entire culture distant.