Copper Gasket

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

chiragh

Copper Gasket

#1 Post by chiragh » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:21 am

Hi Guys

I made this Copper gasket with the help of Water jet , 0.5mm thick .

Might start taking orders but what do you guys have to say ??
Attachments
Copper Gasket.jpg
Copper Gasket.jpg (79.9 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

Bare

Re: Copper Gasket

#2 Post by Bare » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:15 am

Fill yer boots.
But in MY experiences; a complete waste of Time in real life uses..

seahorse
-----
-----

Re: Copper Gasket

#3 Post by seahorse » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:13 am

I recently rebuilt a 65 bore RZ.
Interestingly when mock fitting an OEM head-gasket, I was not happy with the close clearance on the bore, and given that there is some tolerance loss in the dome area when the head is fitted ( even with the sleeved / fitted head nuts ) it still looked iffy.
I had a spare copper gasket handy and tried that which had greater clearance available. I did use a clear smear of three bond white on both sides before securing down the copper gasket and have had no leaking issues at this stage.
I am a staunch die hard supporter of OEM head gaskets and would not recommend anything else, due to the fact I have experienced aftermarket headgasket leak issues when trying to do things on the cheap.
Having said that I think there is a place for copper headgaskets when the bore sizes outgrow OEM tolerances.
There are already a few well established competitive providers of the copper product.
I think if you want to compete against the current well established market you need to do a bit of research based on when the OEM will be outgrown in bore, and what your product /service can do to combat that.
I'm with bear, fill your boots, you might get a few takers here, putting a price against your product in the for sale section may help.
81 RD 250 LC Hybrid .Widened frame with Aprilia RS250 Back end & Front end, strokd RZ 421, Kennys TSA's, 31KVM26SS Carbs M-360 P-25 ALBA Ndl Pos 3, Air 1.3/4
81Rd350lc resto 2016
81 Rd250lc resto 2017
1999 ZRX 1100