YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

MK

Re: YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

#16 Post by MK » Thu May 04, 2017 2:10 pm

One of the reasons why I prefer PayPal is that they offer a working buyer protection.
Any claims and they will block the offenders account until they refunded you. (I happen to have experienced both sides on different occasions)
That's why shady sellers don't accept PayPal but good ones do. And don't fall for sellers that only accept PayPal when sending funds to family and friends - in that case the protection is not active.

Doesn't help you this time, but keep in mind for next purchase.
Bye
Martin

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#17 Post by LC Cnd » Thu May 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Martin good point and interestingly YAMBITS would only accept payment via Paypal (because its international sale perhaps?). Discovered Paypal no longer appears to investigate transaction problems but I might be able to address via a dispute. The issue is I don't have access to the product discription and the Elsie tank ad, from my access, as it appears the tank(s) have been virtually pulled off the shelf. I can understand why. I already sent a letter (email) raising my concerns about the quality of the tank - well, you know the response. I asked if there was a way to resolve my dispute b4 going public as I had hoped to deal with this matter informally. I don't have a face book account but I like the point you are making. Does anyone else have access to the RD350LC fuel tanks for sale on Yambits? Pls send me a link if so. All I recall is the ad statement about - tried of fixing tanks with holes in them and the VAT exemption for international tank buyers which incidentally is offerred on all their products. I had taken advantage of that - not now. There was also a disclaimer about not selling outside of the UK, regarding the tanks, but that is not the case as the photos show. I appreciate the links posted to other new LC tanks for sale as these links will help serve others interested in care free (hopefully) restorations of these great bikes. If I come across another restoration opprotunity, thats where I'm going. Enough said, cut my loss, as the sun has come out and I've got a leak down test to complete.

MK

#18 Post by MK » Thu May 04, 2017 4:18 pm

If you paid with PayPal then open a dispute.
Yambits will have lots of trouble to resolve it no matter if its justified complaint or not.

In one case I had a creepy lil' sucker that opened a case about not having received a manual. All without ever contacting me before.
As I had sendt unregistered I had no prove and had to refund because PayPal locked my account as a hostage.
Funny thing: Mr. Dickhead had opened similar cases with a couple of other sellers, too, and PayPal suport told me they'd have him under oberservation.

In the other case a creepy lil' slut claimed a purchased used iPhone wouldn't react on touching the screen. Just that my wife was using it for years and we resetted it to factory settings and verified it'd work afterwards.
And you know what? They didn't care for any proof if the article was faulty or not. Same procedure as before. Stand and deliver in a modern form.
But there was a happy ending as Mrs. Liar missed to send back the phone and mail the receipt to PayPal. So they closed the case without a refund.
Bye
Martin

JonW

#19 Post by JonW » Thu May 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Scott and I have been conversing outside of this email, but i was totally shocked by this as no one else has reported any hassles with these tanks, as they are the same ones sold by Norbo and others. Obviously some poor manufacturing inspection on this one and it should never have been sold with that damage.

Absolutely you should dispute this sale in Paypal, if you have any issues at all with anything you buy in paypal you can and should do that. The seller can choose to to refund any portion of all of the payment or wait for Paypal's arbiters to work out what they think is fair. Ive found (and seen, see Martins story above) that these days they tend to side with the buyer mostly, so its always worth a go as a buyer.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

Headcoats

#20 Post by Headcoats » Fri May 05, 2017 4:20 am

If the seller demands the return before refund , it can be troublesome if you are in a different country, even if the part is fecked

Had the same shite with Wicked who to this day owes me a few hundred pounds
Cryin' In The Beer Of A Drunk Man

LC Cnd
-----
-----

Re: YAMBITS fuel tank complaint

#21 Post by LC Cnd » Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Took 24hrs to consider the dispute route and came up with this idea that may benefit our form members regarding restoration, when it comes to after market purchases:

Dispute:
Damaged product delivered. YAMBITS stipulates that customers can return items, within a 2 wk period, meaning "Only faulty items may be returned after this period." Fair enough. Its a matter of what "faulty" means is in dispute. YAMBITS claims, based on the photos I forwarded, before putting on this thread, that the manufaturing defects/holes are marks not defects and its up to the customer to repair them. Basically this is a dispute on the interpertion of marks vs. a defects. So I today I ck their ad to see what was advertised regarding the quality of their RD350LC fuel tanks - it's still gone since the day I expressed my concern about the defects. I thought perhaps it was my computer server not allowing access to the ad - discovered it was not according to other form members who tried to locate the it. Interesting.
I interpret that action to mean that YAMBITS 1) inspected their current lot of tanks and found more defective ones, removed them and have gone back to the manufacturer to reconcile this situation. (still does not resolve customer satisfaction). 2) The company does not want the ad used as evidence in a dispute resolution with Paypal (logical). 3) Will reinstate the ad once the situation fades away and continue sales to reduce over head to erode remaining 'marked' stock.

Resolution:
I could go with the YAMBITS return policy if I believed it would I would have a chance of resolving this matter equitably. Based on the company's interpretation of the defects and comments from the Air cooled form dated 2012 https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... z85VPwiG_A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ,
I question the balance of probablites when it come to customer satisfaction frankly. Plus I would have to invest in mailing it back double registered to avoid "sorry, not received" msg & be out the tank and the overtime used to make the purchase. I've invested enough already and I'm in the same boat as Headcoats (sorry to hear that outcome, hmm). I sure we'er not the only ones. That leaves the paypal dispute route. To forward a strong case, without the YAMBITS tank ad, I require the support of our form members. How? Forward me photos of YAMBITS LC tank that they recieved without defects. I want to prove the tank I received was the exception when it comes to quality. I don't require names, just proof that quality tanks were recieved in satisfactory condition. The burden of proof will be with the seller the tank, I recieved, was not the norm. If this all works out, with your support, hopefully vendors (note are others have treated me with customer satisfaction) will forward quality product. It about accountability. We'll see how this pans out hopefully to the benefit of all - vendors included.

evan_calgary

#22 Post by evan_calgary » Mon May 08, 2017 11:27 am

Hey man,

Including the information they yanked the item once it was discovered and shortly after your dispute may help make your case. In addition, there are websites that periodically 'catalogue' or screenshot the web so you can go back in time and find items. I suggest searching one of those as the tank was on the front page of their website for some time.

Paypal dispute is good to open even if you go with option 1. They therefore know there is a 3rd party watching and paypal already involved if things go sideways. Unfortunately, Paypal is not very equitable in their solutions many times even though we all pay them 4% for this protection...

MK

#23 Post by MK » Mon May 08, 2017 2:23 pm

Yeah, wayback could be worth a try:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayback_Machine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bye
Martin

Bare

#24 Post by Bare » Mon May 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Headcoats wrote:If the seller demands the return before refund , it can be troublesome if you are in a different country, even if the part is fecked

Had the same shite with Wicked who to this day owes me a few hundred pounds

Geee Rodger the Dodger is a Goof ? Who woulda thought?

Bare

#25 Post by Bare » Mon May 08, 2017 2:34 pm

Herr LC of the island: That is an awful result /complication. Lotsa Coin involved .. too much imo.
Does genuinely surprise that anyone would buy 'anything' from yambits.. let alone a high $ item
Now .. you know why, unfortunately.
Follow Paypal and their dispute system... they really don't mess about with their customers.

evan_calgary

#26 Post by evan_calgary » Tue May 09, 2017 12:36 am

Looks like last wayback machine archive is Oct 26, 2016.

Anyone remember where on the site these were listed other than front page? Its not easy to navigate and can't search with wayback.

evan_calgary

#27 Post by evan_calgary » Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 am

Looks like they listed the tank just shortly after that. Darn!

https://www.facebook.com/Yambits/posts/1178822152185725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No luck on other archive sites I could find.

evan_calgary

#28 Post by evan_calgary » Tue May 09, 2017 12:46 am

Ha! Ha! Ha! I win!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is the original page with the tank...hope that helps a bit!

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#29 Post by LC Cnd » Tue May 09, 2017 2:23 pm

Update. YAMBITS advised me that they will be sending me a new tank without blemish at no cost once I destroyed the 1st tank as they did not want it in circulation. Done. Sent them the photos of the busted new tank (shame, but it was defective and that was the condition of replacement) and see what comes in the mail. I'm going to trust that YAMBIT's reputation is worth more than $770 Cnd - can't image not in this digital age. I will post a photo once received. Thanks to all who supported & encouraged this effort - we will see if its a "win/win" regarding customer service. Cheers Scott.

two-stroke-brit
-----
-----

#30 Post by two-stroke-brit » Tue May 09, 2017 4:09 pm

sounds promising :smt023
350LC,Athena 392 big bore,stock porting,swiss cheese air box,stock reeds,spec11 pipes.(now TSA big bore pipes)
She might not be pretty but she will always be a fun ride

1982 YAMA RD350LC
98KDX 220R
1967 TRIUMPH TIGER
2001 TRIUMPH TT600