YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

Headcoats

Re: YAMBITS fuel tank replacement

#31 Post by Headcoats » Tue May 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Roger Wicked didn't give 2 f##k's about his reputation then and he left the site :smt021
Cryin' In The Beer Of A Drunk Man

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#32 Post by LC Cnd » Mon May 15, 2017 7:51 pm

Tank arrived today at no cost. Yambits honored their goods with no damage at all. Well packed n' protected. Faith restored regarding customer service/quality control. Its now time to paint. The painted tank is an original.
Attachments
IMG_3634.JPG
IMG_3634.JPG (149.89 KiB) Viewed 4466 times

evan_calgary

#33 Post by evan_calgary » Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 pm

Glad to hear. I haven't had any issues to date and they have parts I can't buy anywhere else!

2smoke

#34 Post by 2smoke » Tue May 16, 2017 10:20 am

:smt038
Spectacular!
Good on Yambits. Now others will feel safe to buy a tank from them.
:smt023
Including me.
Colin
79 RD400F Daytona Special
81 RD350LC
89 TDR250
75 Kawasaki H1 500
77 Can-am Tnt250

JonW

#35 Post by JonW » Sun May 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Thats great news, Pleased to hear it Scott.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

LC Cnd
-----
-----

#36 Post by LC Cnd » Mon May 29, 2017 3:24 am

So pleased in fact I order more Bits (Yam). Carbs leaking like sieves (again) - replacement kits coming. Welcome back Jon. Hope the trip was a good respite.

JonW

#37 Post by JonW » Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

Thanks m8, yes, 2 weeks without any internet, feels a bit surreal to have it back at my fingertips and chatting to my friends again :)
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

morph

#38 Post by morph » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Just checked yambits website the tanks are now UK delivery only . :smt019

silverstrom

#39 Post by silverstrom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:51 pm

How many manufactures do you think there are making LC tanks? I'm guessing there is one. That manufacturer then supplies many resellers. It doesn't matter who you buy the tank from, they all have the same original source. This is no different than new aluminium radiators. They are very easy to find online and there are dozens of sellers. The radiators all come from one overseas source. Aftermarket bodywork is the same. It doesn't matter who you buy it from, it all comes from one manufacturer in China. There are dozens of resellers.

As for Yambits, I've got a box here with crap from them that isn't worth using. Some of it has Made in India stamped on it. They are good as a last resort when all else fails.

yam4l0

#40 Post by yam4l0 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:19 pm

silverstrom wrote:How many manufactures do you think there are making LC tanks? I'm guessing there is one. That manufacturer then supplies many resellers. It doesn't matter who you buy the tank from, they all have the same original source. This is no different than new aluminium radiators. They are very easy to find online and there are dozens of sellers. The radiators all come from one overseas source. Aftermarket bodywork is the same. It doesn't matter who you buy it from, it all comes from one manufacturer in China. There are dozens of resellers.

As for Yambits, I've got a box here with crap from them that isn't worth using. Some of it has Made in India stamped on it. They are good as a last resort when all else fails.
AFAIK the fuel tanks are all supplied by Hi Level, a UK trade supplier.

https://hilevel1.co.uk/pc_product_detai ... 6BA9B7CDDF

You will probably find alot of Yambits parts are supplied by the same company as above, I know that their rubber parts come from PGM Rubber.

http://www.pgmrubber.com/

silverstrom

#41 Post by silverstrom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Supplied by is not manufactured by, and that is where Yambits gets loose with the rules and terminology.

I have rubber bits and seals here from Yambits that came with made in India labels. I used their crank seals on a customer's bike at his request and they failed after 100 km. I have Made in India bearings they sent me. The Made in India labels are a good indicator that Yambits cares less about quality than it does about profits. I've been at this a long time and have learned the lesson the hard way. Giving them the benefit of the doubt more times than I should have. When I questioned Yambits about their inferior quality and ill-fitting parts they assured me that their Made in India parts are the same quality as Yamaha. As always, you get what you pay for. If you choose to use Yambits as your first line supplier rather than your last line supplier you will eventually learn the same lesson.

yam4l0

#42 Post by yam4l0 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:30 pm

From pgmrubbers website.

About us:

PGM has been in the business of manufacturing rubber and plastic parts since 1994. Our range of stocked parts is mainly suitable for Yamaha motorcycles, but we can make rubber and plastic parts for any motorcycle to special order. All our parts are made in India, home of the best quality rubber. The owner of PGM, Jonny Krause, regularly travels between the Indian manufacturing facilities and UK, so you know that you always have a 'hands on' connection - without having to go to Asia yourself! You will always deal directly with Jonny throughout the whole ordering and supply procedure.

JonW

#43 Post by JonW » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Much of the aftermarket is like that, parts from one source sold through many suppliers; looms, rubber parts, switches etc etc

As has been said the tanks are all from Hi-Level, it doesnt take too much net sleuthing to find that out etc. Yambits is a good supplier for these tanks if you live outside of the UK as their post is 'reasonable' using Fed Ex and they remove the 20% UK VAT which many other sellers do not. They also replaced Scott's faulty tank without a problem, nothing to hate about that.

Simple rule: Everyone who reads the forums know that crank seals should always (ALWAYS) be OEM if you want your engine to survive. They cost circa $20 a set. bargain. Its sound advice to not skimp on those from anyone else unless you understand seal technology and the manufacturer space etc. As a newbie, just get OEM.

So yes, while some yambits parts are awful others are fine, you need to know what youre buying is all.
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

silverstrom

#44 Post by silverstrom » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:04 pm

JonW wrote:As has been said the tanks are all from Hi-Level, it doesnt take too much net sleuthing to find that out etc.
All except the one they sent LC Cdn? That was a one time occurrence with complete shite quality? Their quality control missed it? The person that packed and shipped it missed it? How does a company that makes high level tanks produce something that appalling? Yambits doesn't do anything accidentally. They know what they are shipping and they know where they come from.
LC Cnd wrote:Received my tank from YAMBITS. You be the judge based, on the pictured evidence, to the state of quality. So, leave the manufacturing defects to the customer to sort out? That's customer satifaction. Oh, the tanks fm YAMBITS are manufactured from Taiwan according to their response.

JonW

#45 Post by JonW » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:35 am

John, the tanks are made in Taiwan for hi level, who supplies them to everyone else. Yambits didnt make these, nor did norbo or anyone else, those guys just sell them on. No one said they were uk or Japan made did they?

As i understand it the tanks come from the manufacturer in their boxes, not every seller opens up every box of every product to check the quality before it goes out, especially if the initial ones are fine.

To be honest every other one of these LC tanks I've seen or heard of has been fine, and the uk guys have got loads of these on their builds and no one has talked of an issue which on norbos forum they would Im sure. Sometimes a product is faulty or gets through quality control, its how its dealt with thats important and yambits dealt with it fine. I see no problem with that?

Scotts initial posts were a bit confrontational considering he had yet to complete his conversation with yambits customer service, if you read the whole thread this was resolved satisfactorily.

Sure yambits have had their issues, we all know about the seals and other things on the forums, but not every part they sell is junk and these tanks are certainly not junk, theyre really well made, no matter the geographical location of the factory. I get that its easy to say these tanks are shit quality without seeing one, and its easy to bag yambits for the customer service based on other threads, but in this thread the customer received a good quality tank and the customer service was world class. I see no reason to have a go at yambits or the tanks here... or have I missed some other beef here?
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid