RG pipes on Elsie?

A place for LC enthusiasts to hang out!

Moderators: rztom, 2smoke

cookie

RG pipes on Elsie?

#1 Post by cookie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Gonna get my Elsie back on the road. Well, to be fair I'm doing more thinking about it at this point.

I think I read somewhere that RG250 pipes were an upgrade on the stockers, and seeing as I have a few sets laying around and no motivation to build a new set for that bike right now I'm wondering if anyone here might have done it and could give the the low down before I wear out my brain thinking about it any more.

Worth it? Pain in the ass? Should I just build a set? Help?
For updates and pictures from the race track this season follow me on twitter @dcracing_tony

nokturnal
-----
-----

#2 Post by nokturnal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm

if you have the pipes there, why not just bolt them on and see? couldn't hurt.... hopefully

cookie

#3 Post by cookie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Yeah I should, but the bike's on a milk crate with no wheels right now. I really need to get some new tires installed on that thing. It's the only reason it wasn't plated this year :smt009
For updates and pictures from the race track this season follow me on twitter @dcracing_tony

gammaguy21

#4 Post by gammaguy21 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 am

Not on an Elsie, but here's the advice I got for rg250 mk3 pipes for an rz350 engine :
File the holes out as the RG studs are slightly closer together.
Cut the headers at 90mm. Squeeze then slightly in the vice to make then round because they are slightly oval.
Bolt them to the bike and rotate the headers until it all lines up ok.
I did a test mock up and it seems the advice is bang on.
If I remember right, the person also won some titles with these pipes.
Hope this helps.