Fitting XS Emulators - Method?

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

nzminis

Re: Fitting XS Emulators - Method?

#16 Post by nzminis » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:04 pm

nice mini
i have a old school one now

1293cc with a eaton supercharger on it , putting 120hp at the wheels , talk about torque steer, she is a real nutter

i also had mike xs emulators in my Rd400 d/s
did not like them with .85kg springs , it was just way to hard , i went back to 20w oil and slighty stiffer springs and it was magic

Consciousness

#17 Post by Consciousness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 am

[quote="nzminis"]nice mini

Double post.
Last edited by Consciousness on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
85 RZ350 KR. Racetech/Fox Motul 10W. Telefix, Prog. Zeel, VForce4's, VM30 Mik's Uni-Filters & UFOs, Grooved Head & Mild Port w/Boyesen's by Rich's Taylor'd Porting, Orig. Toomeys, Redline, Conti Attack2.

Consciousness

#18 Post by Consciousness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:05 am

nzminis wrote:nice mini
i have a old school one now

1293cc with a eaton supercharger on it , putting 120hp at the wheels , talk about torque steer, she is a real nutter

i also had mike xs emulators in my Rd400 d/s
did not like them with .85kg springs , it was just way to hard , i went back to 20w oil and slighty stiffer springs and it was magic
Well, that's interesting your the second person that has mentioned that the emulators might be too hard for the street. For the most part i'm very happy with the front suspension now which has .75kg/mm springs and 10w oil but having had the bike up over a 100 a few times now i detect a nervousness in the front end, it's kinda like a vibration and i was wondering if that's normal and if it's suspension related? Under 90 it feels fine and i would really like to stretch it's legs but the bike did not inspire confidence enough to do so.

120whp is a big number for the A-series.
85 RZ350 KR. Racetech/Fox Motul 10W. Telefix, Prog. Zeel, VForce4's, VM30 Mik's Uni-Filters & UFOs, Grooved Head & Mild Port w/Boyesen's by Rich's Taylor'd Porting, Orig. Toomeys, Redline, Conti Attack2.

mkane

#19 Post by mkane » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:52 am

This is a pic of a pic. Wife at the wheel.

T.RexRacing

#20 Post by T.RexRacing » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Caption should be WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.
Salvador Dali

Consciousness

#21 Post by Consciousness » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 pm

mkane wrote:To get the front end straight and true tighten the axle with the stanchion pinch bolts loose, apply the brake and pump the forks a few times, then tighten the bolts. I had severe chatter at speed in any high speed turn on the track. Chatter is the wheel leaving the ground. I was so bad I couldn't see and a crash was just around the corner unless I slowed down. Emulators/radial tires cured the issue. This change has decreased my lap time's according to the gears I now use in the high speed stuff. I need to hold back a bit as I get older healing takes longer. A better comparison might be go drive a 60's car and then jump in something new. You wonder why old people drive so damn fast on the freeway. The feeling of speed has diminished in the modern car. The RaceTech mod may make your forks to stiff for street use unless you use a real low viscosity oil. The plus is you now have adjustable compression.
Your tips worked a treat. No more wobbles under braking or vibration under acceleration over 90, all that must have been due to twisted forks. I had her up to 110 today, i wasn't WOT for more than a few seconds as i have yet to do a plug chop but it pulls strong even at 1/2 throttle.

Would love to get those emulators fitted one day.