Make your own brake lines

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

RuZty
-----
-----

Re: Make your own brake lines

#16 Post by RuZty » Tue May 31, 2016 9:30 am

That's another aspect, cost. I've got the -3 hose and all the stainless fittings to make a full set, but I spent at least double that.

kpke
-----
-----

Re: Make your own brake lines

#17 Post by kpke » Tue May 31, 2016 10:49 am

RuZty wrote:Personally I would rather make my own than buy custom made ones as I know and trust my own standard of work. I care more about the reliability of my brake lines than anyone, if you use the right tools, follow instructions and pay attention it isn't hard. I do understand that not everyone is comfortable with this or there may be certification/legality issues. Since these applications do not suit a generic aftermarket line made for a specific bike the Venhill lines mentioned above are about the most flexible option you will find. They make the line to your length with fitted ends to take thread on banjos that you choose to suit your application, just make sure you measure carefully and allow for suspension movement.

I have Venhill lines on the RZ500 and 1 RZ350.

As stated, you can get them any length with any angle you desire on the banjo fittings. You can also get them with black hose ends and black banjos and banjo bolts at no extra charge. Stainless banjo and banjo bolts are extra $$.

http://www.venhillusa.com/products/brak ... lines.html