New Acquisition 96 Aprilia RS250

We love ALL motorcycles - post your non-2T custom build here!

Moderator: rztom

yzsurfer

Re: New Acquisition 96 Aprilia RS250

Post by yzsurfer »

No but I checked out the syntax of it. I put together a Raspberry Pi and was going to mess with Python, but I let a gal borrow it and can't get it back.
Craigus
JonW

Post by JonW »

Yeah I loved that recursive list stuff back in the day.

the Raspberry Pi looks amazing, tho i fear you could get sucked into that tiny thing and come out 10years older and not know it. yeah, just like RZs... hmm...
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com
RuZty
-----
-----

Post by RuZty »

Old skool geeks rule!
yzsurfer

Post by yzsurfer »

Since the tag office made it impossible to get the RS titled I'm painting it Yamaha yellow so I can slap the RZ tag and not garner too much attention. After my yearly Atlanta Supercross trek I'm getting fresh rubber. Already have the tank readied for paint and hoping to get a friend at a paint and body shop to do the paint for the tank with a clear coat. Still debating on the traditional bumble bee also. She starts easily and can't wait to get her out. Winter sucks.
Craigus

yzsurfer

Post by yzsurfer »

Got fresh rubber on the rear but need to borrow a friends Pitbull to raise the front for fresh rubber. Getting close on the yellow scheme to pass as my yellow RZ. Carbs are cleaned and a new filter is about to be put in. The weather is getting good, so in a month or so I'll be giving her a go. It's been a crappy winter and time to hit the dirt plus finish a few projects. I haven't completely given up on getting it titled. Once I do I'll go with a new set of black Chesterfield plastic.
Craigus

yzsurfer

Post by yzsurfer »

Been a while. Got her registered in Vermont and fresh plastic. She runs great but just noticed speedo wasn't working last weekend on a short jaunt. Brakes need bleeding some too. Found a sweet set of Arrow Chambers with matching Carbon/Kevlar cans for $100 in Atlanta. It handles like a knife and pretty snappy on the pipe. Definitely a keeper.
Craigus
gammaguy21

Post by gammaguy21 »

Well done getting it tilted!
Love the Chesterfield livery.
And $100 for a set of Arrows! Geez, how do you score this stuff for so cheap!
yzsurfer

Post by yzsurfer »

There was about a 3" crack near the mount on one of the pipes and being an Aerospace Welder with a new Miller Dynasty TIG Welder it was a no brainer. Was looking for a place to have them chromed around here but most want commercial or government work. May polish them up and clear coat them. They look great and have no dents and only took a few minutes to fix. I did have to go to Marietta to get them with a snow storm coming and just made it out of there. Definitely worth it. The Vermont was registration only so I could get a tag but I'm going to try again here in Alabama with this paperwork. Getting my RZ500 back from my brother that does have a title that's still in my name. Trading my 01 Aprilia RSV1000R and a dirt bike for the RZ and an 01 Ducati 750 Monster.
Craigus