Welcome to Tech Tips

Central location for technical tips and information

Moderators: rztom, silverstrom

silverstrom

Welcome to Tech Tips

#1 Post by silverstrom » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Welcome to Tech-Tips. The intent of this section is to have one location to contain technical tips and information that people will find useful and helpful. This is not the place to discuss your build or ask how to do something. This is not the place to talk about your newest project or latest mod. We already have sections for that purpose. Anything not specifically related to the intended purpose of this section will be moved or removed. The intent of this new Tech-Tips section is to simplify the process of looking for technical information. Rather that having to search the entire forum to find technical information you will be able to look here and, hopefully, find what you need.

Most of us know the frustration of having seen technical information here, but then not being able to find it when we need it most. Tech-Tips should rectify that problem by giving us one centralized location to search for this information.

What is worthy of being included here? Well, most things technical I would think. Do you know a way of doing a particular task that is easier/faster than the manual suggests? Tell us about it. Do you know of an error in the manual? Point it out so others are aware. Information such as piston and ring combinations.... what rings can I use with these pistons? Please write it down. Any technical information that will make someone's life easier is worth recording here.

There is quite a bit of useful technical information scattered all over the forum now. If you know where it is feel free to list the topic and post a link to it here. The goal here is to centralize technical information in one section for ease of access.

This idea has been discussed previously, so most of you will know what I am talking about. Information such as the reversed R/H crank seal comes to mind. Having said that, if someone would like to begin by posting on that subject and include the incorrect reference information and then the correct procedure I would be grateful.

This moderating thing is new for me and I'll do my best to keep things running smoothly. If you have questions or comments please feel free to contact me.

Now, go ahead and hit the New Topic button and let's get this thing rolling!!

John

dinamos

Re: Welcome to Tech Tips

#2 Post by dinamos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:57 am

Wow John, glad you're in the saddle here. Maybe you might want to launch the first one yourself.
My favorite tech post was your compatibility of Canadian RZ head/barrel/bottom ends.
One of my favorite links is <http://www.scooterhelp.com/RZ_help/rest ... start.html>, too bad he never finished it.

roger

RuZty
-----
-----

#3 Post by RuZty » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:12 am

Second that, your the man John. :smt023 I think the important thing in a reference section is a clear title to each post to make it easy to search for what you need and leave it open for others to add to, sort of an RZ Wiki.
For example, 'Sidestand Options' could start with information on the Ducati models that fit, and then someone could come along and say 'Hey, the Triumph 595 ones fit too', so it all stays together as relevent topics.
I would encourage you to cover model variations because you have it all figured out. Maybe a links page too as a sticky at the top. People could post up their links which then get edited into the top post under the appropriate category.

JonW

#4 Post by JonW » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:01 am

Well done on this Silver John!

LOL @ RuZty, we are the lovers of the custom sidestand! haha ;)
80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD350LC decapitation project
82 RD250LC JDM '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

RZResurection

#5 Post by RZResurection » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 am

Congrats on the new posting.

I think you're the perfect person to moderate this section

I'm going to enjoy reading and posting in this section.

Congrats again.
Jeff

Trying to build a bike that's as fast as my memories
87 Canadian 1WV
OEM Pipes
Gutted Airbox
VF4 Reeds
Milled Head (0.020")
Main 240
Pilot 27.5
02 R1 Front End
R6 Shock and Rims (180 Rear Tire)